Author Topic: The tl;dr Guide to Paragon Chat  (Read 4236 times)

Korbian

The tl;dr Guide to Paragon Chat
« on: February 14, 2017, 10:00:56 PM »
So, I have noticed a lot of new faces in Paragon Chat as of late, which means there are a lot of new folks that don't know exactly what it can and cannot do.  Yes, this information is available on the forum already, but there's a lot of it to go through, and most people are so excited to be back in Paragon that they don't want to take the time to read through all the patch notes and what not.  So here is the quick rundown for new users:

• You will find travel powers in your tray that are fully functional, as well as few additional ones in the Powers tab.
  • For the most part, things work exactly as you'd expect them to.  The trains, doors, and other travel methods are all operational, as well as the tailors and emotes.  You can also use /mapmove (map number) or /mapmenu to port from map to map if you don't want to do it the old fashioned way.  Newcomers will find a built in macro in their power tray that accesses the map menu without having to type the comand (it's a grey button resembling teleport on the far right) or if you are returning after a long hiatus and do not have that button, you can create one by typing "/macro PCTA mapmenu" without the quotes.
  • There is an add on that will grant access to additional emotes, maps, and a quickport menu available in this thread.  A full list of available emotes in alphabetical order courtesy of @crashpositron is available as a PDF here.
  • You can team, add global friends, and join channels the same way you could on live servers.
  • The user interface is still fully customizable and can be saved and loaded to other characters by using the Save/Load Options from File buttons under Options.  Binds and macros work and will save as well.
  • Exploration badges recently became available, as well as a few "just for fun" powers that were available to earn during the holiday event, so if you want snowballs, just ask around and someone can help you out.  The ski slopes also work and grant badges, and Pocket D got a new wing located where the blueside vault was.  If you'd like to use vidiotmaps for badge hunting, instructions for installing it are in this thread.
  • There are weekly costume contests every Thursday night at 8:30EST/5:30PST with varying themes, badge races every third Sunday of the month, as well as quarterly (and sometimes more often) larger events.  There are also live DJs in Pocket D, Atlas Park, or King's Row almost every night from www.thecaperadio.com.  You can visit the Activities forum for more information on these events.

Of course, if you still have any question feel free to ask in the main Paragon Chat channel, and, of course, welcome home.  ;D

Edited, because, travel powers, duh.
Edit 2:  Added crash's emote list. 2/22/17

« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 10:16:38 PM by Korbian »

Starfighter

• Underling
Re: The tl;dr Guide to Paragon Chat
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 05:54:11 PM »
As a recent returnee myself, Korbian, I think I can state with some confidence that your guidelines here are very helpful and much appreciated.  It's a bit lonely out on them streets, with no civilians - let alone those reformed Skulls and Outcasts who are now working as Fuller Brush salesmen - wandering around with no apparent start and/or endpoints.  Having someone to help point out the map keys and legends, at least until when/if one of the legacy projects comes to fruition, is seriously valuable.  Thank you.

Korbian

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 06:44:23 PM »
You're very welcome, Starfighter.  Happy to help!   :)

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 12:25:49 AM »
Nice, Korbian.  Thanks.  I'll add this to my "What is Paragon Chat" pitch for the times on FB when people ask what PC is.

SatoDenki

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 12:11:29 AM »
I just wanted to say Hello to Korbian here and thank him/her for the nice greeting in Atlas Park. I was running around earlier with an old Defender of mine but I just logged back in as my Punker Blast character and I got a great welcome back. So thank you!  8)

Korbian

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 01:02:49 AM »
Her!  And you're very welcome!  If you need anything just ask.  Even if I don't have the answer I usually know who will.  ;D