Author Topic: Riverdale  (Read 3341 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Riverdale
« on: February 18, 2017, 01:26:30 PM »
I was never a fan of Archie, but in a fit of boredom I started watching this series.  I wasn't expecting to get pulled into it, but I find myself curious where it's going.  Also, I want to see more of this Veronica.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: Riverdale
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 11:01:20 PM »
I was never a fan of Archie, but in a fit of boredom I started watching this series.  I wasn't expecting to get pulled into it, but I find myself curious where it's going.  Also, I want to see more of this Veronica.

Its like Smallville was to Superman. Characters with the same names but totally different from the comics.

Haven't seen it yet.

Looks interesting though.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 03:43:17 AM »
Not so different as to be unrecognizable.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 05:12:46 PM »
Not so different as to be unrecognizable.

No. But this ain't your daddy's Archie.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 11:45:49 PM »
It's actually more like 'Afterlife with Archie' except without the zombies.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 04:51:09 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
I read an article where Ms. Grundy is sleeping with high school Archie?  Wtf? Isn't that statutory rape?

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 02:02:23 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
The Archie/Grundy affair was my biggest problem with Riverdale. I wouldn't think that most parents would be so easy-going as Archie's dad regarding his son being seduced by his 30 something music teacher.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 02:10:12 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
The Archie/Grundy affair was my biggest problem with Riverdale. I wouldn't think that most parents would be so easy-going as Archie's dad regarding his son being seduced by his 30 something music teacher.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Music teacher -- yes.  Ms. Grundy -- not really as you find out in later episodes.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 02:36:13 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:

I'd expect a dad to take a look at Miss "Grundy" and say "nice one, boy" as long as his wife wasn't around to hear. 
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 02:58:24 AM »
I'd expect a dad to take a look at Miss "Grundy" and say "nice one, boy" as long as his wife wasn't around to hear.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Given that she was convincing him to lie to the police, not so much I'd think.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 03:04:11 AM »
Yeah, well, that's regarding a whole other issue than the aforementioned one.  Her ability to do the latter was certainly aided by the former, but they should be separately regarded.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2017, 09:58:12 PM »
Imprisoning a girl with nuns for the crime of pregnancy... a bit medieval.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2017, 10:12:42 PM »
Sadly not.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2017, 01:40:10 PM »
Heh.  "American Excess" card...