Author Topic: Lore AMA: 2017?  (Read 3709 times)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Lore AMA: 2017?
« on: February 22, 2017, 04:34:06 AM »
Well I've been absent for... well, pretty much since the last one, I think. The caveat from the first one was that they would continue as long as people had questions, and I gotta say, based on last year's it doesn't look good. With only 8 questions last time, and an acknowledgement from Positron that they're likely to get a bit boring as the dev team forgets stuff about CoH, is there any interest in doing one this year? I know I can't think of any questions right now, because I haven't been delving into the Wiki on a daily basis anymore, but others here might be able to come up with something.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
Re: Lore AMA: 2017?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 06:19:46 PM »
I'm always interested in learning more, but that's just me.

Honestly, I would have loved to just get the whole backstory with Mender Silos and the Battalion; like, a really in depth talk. That whole storyline... sigh... I really wish we could have experienced it. I feel like I have so many questions, so much curiosity, about that alone, but no clue how to word it, haha.
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 04:19:52 AM »
Well, if you want to study up before the AMA, this guy up here (Felderberg) made an awesome Lore AMA page on Paragon Wiki that has prior answers: Lore AMA/Sorted.  This way, you know what's been asked and can work to come up with a question that hasn't been answered yet. :D

Understand, of course, as the years continue on, there's less and less questions, and less and less responsive devs who have moved on to other work out in the wild, so if this year's AMA is really short you know why.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 01:47:46 PM »
Of course, that makes sense. I honestly didn't expect more than the one loregasm we got in 2012, so I'm happy with what we've gotten.

Having logged into Paragon Chat for the first time last night, I'm that much happier we got the loregasms that we got.
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 06:10:48 PM »
Well, if you want to study up before the AMA, this guy up here (Felderberg) made an awesome Lore AMA page on Paragon Wiki that has prior answers: Lore AMA/Sorted.  This way, you know what's been asked and can work to come up with a question that hasn't been answered yet. :D

Understand, of course, as the years continue on, there's less and less questions, and less and less responsive devs who have moved on to other work out in the wild, so if this year's AMA is really short you know why.

Just an FYI, the "sorting" part of that still isn't finished. But the most useful part of that page is the ability to link a question directly (e.g. https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted#28 ) for use in forum discussion.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 07:54:32 AM »
I'll have to think about it, but I have the feeling anything I'd ask at this point would have long been lost to the realm of "Geez, I've slept since then..."

Plus, I have since added quite a bit to my own 'head canon' in this regard to answer questions they've admitted they were unsure of.

Still, I'd love to see another one every year, if just because. Even if it's just one good juicy question, and even better, a great answer.

Lyc~

princezilla

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 04:59:59 PM »
So I take it no one was able to set one up this year? ...I guess 2017 will be the first year without any sort of new CoX lore revealed since the game's launch in 04, kinda feels like the end of an era.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 10:27:52 PM »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

princezilla

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 11:04:13 PM »
I guess we always knew it would have to end eventually... I just wish we'd gotten a bit more, there were a few characters that had been used rather actively in recent arcs that i'm kinda shocked no one asked about in prior AMAs, some were in quite the cliff hangers.