Author Topic: Online?  (Read 2992 times)

TimothyAugello

• Underling
Online?
« on: March 11, 2017, 12:49:27 AM »
Hi,
So I have Paragon Chat set up & I've signed in with the XMPP account I've set up but once I enter the world nobody is there. I've tried during times in which people have told me they'd be online, I've been on during the costume contest event but I can't find anybody. I don't know if there is something that I'm missing or if I am just doing it wrong. If anybody can help me it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for taking the time to read :)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Online?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 01:01:43 AM »
I don't see any logins from you... When you say "XMPP account I've set up" do you mean you set up an XMPP account somewhere? If that's what you're doing, then you'll only see people who are using Paragon Chat on the same XMPP server as where you created that account.

Make sure you're logging in with your account on the Titan XMPP server. The easiest way is to just put TimothyAugello as your username and the same password as the forums.

TimothyAugello

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 07:29:40 AM »
It's functioning perfectly now thank you so much!!

The Skippylabs

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 05:40:52 AM »
I've just noticed the same thing. Even when I try to dual box, and my two toons are in the same zone ( I have a dual monitor set up too!) I cannot see myself!! I have bought a new compy recently, and I've reloaded all my stuffs, but Paragon Chat no longer asks for my password when I log on. I cannot even try to enter a password. So I'm thinking that I have the same "I'm in my own little world" issue :(

halp halp, I'm being repressed!!

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 01:27:19 PM »
Paragon Chat no longer asks for my password when I log on. I cannot even try to enter a password.

Click the gear icon to open the options panel and uncheck the "Offline mode" box.

The Skippylabs

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 12:57:43 AM »
Well, <everyone> knows to do <that>! Sheesh. . .

. . . hangs head in shame, kicks rusty tin can down dark back alley of King's Row in the rain . . .

lafourminoir

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 07:25:00 PM »
Well, <everyone> knows to do <that>! Sheesh. . .

. . . hangs head in shame, kicks rusty tin can down dark back alley of King's Row in the rain . . .

I still have this problem of seeing no pnj fighting in areas, I can only explore and nothing else.

I have to do a configuration has a proxy or something?

The npc have no quest and the chat npc make nothing on them

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 01:33:06 PM »
There's no fighting. Combat powers do not work.

There are no quests. The closest to this would be turning in candy canes from last year's Holiday Event (will be happening again this December) to the Candy Keeper in the Ski Chalet. CrashPositron (when available) generates a series of scavenger hunt-style "quests," but they're manually run, not automated. Talk to Crash about doing them.

ParagonChat is only a chat program with graphics. It's only an overlay for an XMPP chat server.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 01:55:01 PM by MyriVerse »
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!