Author Topic: Hi  (Read 13598 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Hi
« on: April 02, 2017, 02:42:29 PM »
So what's up guys? I was hoping to hear some CO news after I stopped playing and then I gave up and now I'm back to pester you again.

Somebody pick up the torch!

: )

P.S.
I'm finally starting to miss playing. This is what having backup games is all about. Thing is, I have more than ever to keep me occupied in STO, and, IRL (you wanna talk about a game that needs patching..).

I never stopped thinking CO was a super awesome game - the people who were steering it the last time I played were just steering it into directions where I am ultra sensitive.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 03:54:28 PM »
Currently Foxbatcon is going on. It just started on Thursday. You can unlock the Inventor AT with Foxbat Credits if you don't already have it. There aren't many new costume pieces in the event this year.  They haven't released it yet, but there's a new TK ultimate power (lockbox/FF only I'm guessing) that will be coming out.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 04:22:48 PM »
Currently Foxbatcon is going on. It just started on Thursday. You can unlock the Inventor AT with Foxbat Credits if you don't already have it. There aren't many new costume pieces in the event this year.  They haven't released it yet, but there's a new TK ultimate power (lockbox/FF only I'm guessing) that will be coming out.

Man, powers in lockboxes are half the reason I quit CO, like, it was the line crossed far as I was concerned, although most ultimate powers are "Awesome but impractical and thus useless" pieces of junk with zero utility whatsoever.  I mean vehicles were one thing, couldn't use vehicles in missions and they kind of suffered awesome but impractical syndrome to, but powers?  It was a bit over the line for me.

Not to mention, unlocking another AT is the worst thing to get me to do something, I always hated AT's always will in CO, as they are the worst thing to contaminate the game(warping players views on how it was originally meant to be played, forcing holy trinity on us ect).

CO's kind of become the worst thing in existence in it's own way.

I mean I'll hang out on it occasionally these days but, I feel even then it's hard for me to log on even after spending a lot of time away from it.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 04:42:51 AM »

CO's kind of become the worst thing in existence in it's own way.

lol..

I mean I'll hang out on it occasionally these days but,

LOL!

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 01:48:09 AM »
It's called cognitive dissonance, used to like the game and want to like what it used to be, but I seriously struggle or can't like what it's become.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 03:36:06 PM »
You can call it what you want. I call it LOL funny. I mean I seriously LOL every.. single.. time I re-read those quotes.

----

You've been playing mmo's long enough I assume this knowledge.. but, juuuust in case it can be helpful, I will pass along this tip:
Find a backup game.

In gamers terms, the thing you have described above is called burnout. Burnout can be caused by a plethora of reasons and always stems from games that we consider or have considered to be our primary (home away from home) game.

This is why backup games were invented. They give you a place to escape burnout, and, maintain an online identity and keep your leet gamer skills sharp (be they erp'ing Or .. whatever...(being ubah, perhaps..)).

It is not unusual for a Backup game to become a Primary game.

CoH was my backup game for EQ.

Take a break, would be my advice. If you haaaave to log in, like to say hi to someone or something, limit your gametime to things that don't annoy you. If Zone or any other channel annoys you - turn it off. If something about combat annoys you - don't fight. For example, you could log in and check up on the AE (assuming *this* doesn't annoy you...) and chat up your friends and then log off and play the game you have fun playing.

If you aren't having fun, not only are you wasting your time you likely aren't a treat to be around for the people who are.

You may now leave the couch. Mine comes fully equipped with gamepads, THX surround, huge screens, and perfectly adjustable padding. And subs to all games.

I wasn't trying to be heartless, above! I get the gamer pain. I still want to reply to a message someone posted in General(?) about feeling physical pain at not being able to play CoH. I get it.. My wife used to get it, too, when I knew her. We had a period where we couldn't play EQ for... I forget how long, it was like an eternity. A grown, sophisticated, totally foxy, central European woman - and she carried around cutouts of her necro pet in her purse.. So she could pull them out and be close to them while we had that period where we couldn't play. I had it just as bad as her. I get it.

Ah, the gamer psyche..

Anyway, you're always posting about games you're playing so I ASSUUUUUUMED you'd have a backup game by now.. and therefore was not being heartless in my LOLs.. that I thank you for... lol..

"It's the crappiest place in the world!" "I mean.. I hang out there sometimes, but...."

omg haha...

ack I better go   : )

« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 08:31:19 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 08:21:42 PM »
You can call it what you want. I call it LOL funny. I mean I seriously LOL every.. single.. time I re-read those quotes.

Eh, actually know what?  Since some news came about I had decided to just not show up at CO indefinitely.  Toxic community + to many bad feelings of what the game became + not enough time for roleplaying my own plots with those few I'd happily roleplay with, I just don't have a reason to go there.

It really isn't funny anymore.  The jokes dead.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 08:33:08 PM »
awwww I was too slow in my apology...

Just get ya a backup, LA. When you finally miss CO, come back. If the experience still sucks, LEAVE.

Rinse, repeat.

Above all: have fun. fun fun fun. Mucho funno.

Some Faves:

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 12:22:39 AM »
awwww I was too slow in my apology...

Just get ya a backup, LA. When you finally miss CO, come back. If the experience still sucks, LEAVE.

Rinse, repeat.

Above all: have fun. fun fun fun. Mucho funno.
I have done this myself. And it does not help, sorry Xev. Whenever, I log on I cannot but think of this missed opportunity co had. And sorry to say but I do not miss co, I miss playing a superhero game.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2017, 02:12:22 PM »
I have done this myself. And it does not help, sorry Xev. Whenever, I log on I cannot but think of this missed opportunity co had. And sorry to say but I do not miss co, I miss playing a superhero game.

Rinse. Repeat.

The game is what it is. Today, you don't like it. So don't play it. You liked it once (I assume - LA did, I know), so, come back once in awhile and see if the magic returns. When it doesn't, well, that sucks, but, boo hoo, such is life. Be happy for the magic you had. Take that experience and go find some new.

When I started playing online graphical MMO's to the tune of ~ $500 a month...there was 1 to choose from. There was no backup game, no shopping around.. Now you can play games 100x as awesome....for free.

You'll find your game. Just keep looking. When you do it will be like life, completely imperfect. But fun.

Come back to CO once in awhile. The people in charge of the game and the chat channels, change. The game, at its core, is awesome. Athletics is awesome. Ground combat in CO blows away ground combat in STO as far as fluidity and pace goes. The costume creator.... My Penthouse.. All those powers to mix and match and look cool using.. And on and on - the game's mechanics and fluidity of combat are beautiful. It's definitely a worthy game to check back on once in awhile to see if the magic returns (assuming it was there to begin with).

When it's gone, it's gone (the magic). Don't try and force yourself to like (any) the game. When you long to play it again, and it's fun again when you do, then, it's time to come back. Until then, find a backup(s) or a new primary.

I'm lucky because I really really like STO as my backup/new primary, and, I get to keep up on CO chat when I want and also can see my CO Friends list. I wish this kind of luck on you (I tried to ninja edit but was too slow..) and LA.

You may now leave the gamer's therapy couch. You can toss your gear anywhere I have lots.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 02:19:59 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2017, 07:14:54 PM »
Rinse. Repeat.

The game is what it is. Today, you don't like it. So don't play it. You liked it once (I assume - LA did, I know), so, come back once in awhile and see if the magic returns. When it doesn't, well, that sucks, but, boo hoo, such is life. Be happy for the magic you had. Take that experience and go find some new.

When I started playing online graphical MMO's to the tune of ~ $500 a month...there was 1 to choose from. There was no backup game, no shopping around.. Now you can play games 100x as awesome....for free.

You'll find your game. Just keep looking. When you do it will be like life, completely imperfect. But fun.

Come back to CO once in awhile. The people in charge of the game and the chat channels, change. The game, at its core, is awesome. Athletics is awesome. Ground combat in CO blows away ground combat in STO as far as fluidity and pace goes. The costume creator.... My Penthouse.. All those powers to mix and match and look cool using.. And on and on - the game's mechanics and fluidity of combat are beautiful. It's definitely a worthy game to check back on once in awhile to see if the magic returns (assuming it was there to begin with).

When it's gone, it's gone (the magic). Don't try and force yourself to like (any) the game. When you long to play it again, and it's fun again when you do, then, it's time to come back. Until then, find a backup(s) or a new primary.

I'm lucky because I really really like STO as my backup/new primary, and, I get to keep up on CO chat when I want and also can see my CO Friends list. I wish this kind of luck on you (I tried to ninja edit but was too slow..) and LA.

You may now leave the gamer's therapy couch. You can toss your gear anywhere I have lots.
     Xev, I will give ya a little history lesion, when co was first announced I was excited. More then enough to get into cb phase 2, I saw the potential in it to be better then City of. I was suffering from a combination of fatigue from playing City of and anger for Ncsoft that thought it was a hoot to put in a 5+vet in with the new players. So I bought a lifetime sub to co, I believed in it so much to do that.
     Then launched happened, I quit playing City of. And for the first time I had fun again, I ran the content and even defended the devs on the boards. Then the first lead moved on as did some of the team, then updates became fewer and fewer as time went by. I still remember what the forum cartel echoed to this every day, "it is not the devs fault, it was the players." That alone angered people enough to quit and never come back.  To this day they have not rebounded. Next most of the dev team moved to sto and neverwinter, and many did not rejoin. Then the single incident happened on the forums which caused me to never go back. I was lied about and when I asked for proof, I was called a troll. The forums became a cesspool at that point.
      At that point I moved to TSW and sto, but I kept my eye on co development, and even tried to play again and again yet nothing kept me there. I just did not want to stay.
Finally, I thought what could have been a great game, fizzled to a point it cannot come back. It is a wasted opportunity.
Xev, you know I respect you and your opinion, however, unless they add  years of content, put this game where it should bein its life, and stop listening to the forum cartel, I would come back. However, seeing as none of those are going to happen, I wont be coming back.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2017, 08:52:35 PM »
     Xev, I will give ya a little history lesion, when co was first announced I was excited. More then enough to get into cb phase 2, I saw the potential in it to be better then City of. I was suffering from a combination of fatigue from playing City of and anger for Ncsoft that thought it was a hoot to put in a 5+vet in with the new players. So I bought a lifetime sub to co, I believed in it so much to do that.
     Then launched happened, I quit playing City of. And for the first time I had fun again, I ran the content and even defended the devs on the boards. Then the first lead moved on as did some of the team, then updates became fewer and fewer as time went by. I still remember what the forum cartel echoed to this every day, "it is not the devs fault, it was the players." That alone angered people enough to quit and never come back.  To this day they have not rebounded. Next most of the dev team moved to sto and neverwinter, and many did not rejoin. Then the single incident happened on the forums which caused me to never go back. I was lied about and when I asked for proof, I was called a troll. The forums became a cesspool at that point.
      At that point I moved to TSW and sto, but I kept my eye on co development, and even tried to play again and again yet nothing kept me there. I just did not want to stay.
Finally, I thought what could have been a great game, fizzled to a point it cannot come back. It is a wasted opportunity.
Xev, you know I respect you and your opinion, however, unless they add  years of content, put this game where it should bein its life, and stop listening to the forum cartel, I would come back. However, seeing as none of those are going to happen, I wont be coming back.

I often myself blame CO's community(the current one) on CO's collapse.  But I blame those who are still there, not those who've left or those who asked for content all the time in the earlier days.  I blame those who pushed for the game to be changed exclusively for themselves for CO's collapse.  Those same people I also feel, when I speak about people in CO's community wanting successors to fail, those are the same people who I speak of.

Many people left CO because of how it's more vocal minority have convinced the developers, whatever devs CO had, to make it exclusively for themselves.  It feels like a dissappointment.

I didn't get a lifetime when I first came to CO, glad I never got one.  When I first came, it was a month into the game and I was hopeful it'd turn into the future of free-form-build gaming, in an mmorpg no less.  I had high hopes for it and was hopeful it's content would expand beyond just pop culture references.  Heck, was hopeful to see all kinds of stuff beyond Vibora Bay.  But over time as Angel said, the game saw fewer and smaller updates, players started leaving, and nerfs to popular things began building up while the melee pass made "Melee should be the only way to play!" scrubs more powerful.

After the pass you even saw those same scrubs shutting up, and people took note of that.  They said things like "Anyone notice *vocal anti-ranged melee only scrub* has been quiet lately?  And if you know who I speak of congrats but lets not bring the name up here, I know dang well who it is.  But I began to see a serious problem in the game, even if I didn't quite realize it at the time.  That some forum people were in enough influence of the developers that they would get what they wanted in balance passes and content, at the exclusion of others.

I ended up returning to CoX as CoX got the QoL improvements like inherent fitness, and found I was just having more fun with it.  CO on the other hand was just not getting anything, and likewise nerfs were aimed near exclusively to those who enjoyed the good stuff and buffs given to players who spent all there time complaining about other players playstyles.  CC would be nerfed to uselessness later, buffs/debuffs would be curtailed to uselessness ect.

Heck I could even say CO's balance passes were very "Bipolar", heck I even posted this: https://cityoftitans.com/forum/mistakes-co-what-avoid

Of course now?  So many worst things had happened since I posted that.  Extreme vehicle nerfs, holy trinity cosmic raids, onslaught was a gimmick letting players play a boss with no control on who they can target(anyone with agro powers could force you to target only them, why the heck would I play something if I had no control or autonomy?) ect.  Many players quit over this crap.  Thing is, the few left?  Many of them are now with a game all to themselves, but there are so few players left that everyone knows the game is like to shut down if a good super hero game comes up(Leading to me believing they want the game to fail as for the reason of there extreme and excessive hostility in their forums towards everyone ever bringing up a successor).

CO is like depleted uranium, super heavy, poisonous(radioactive) and not good for my health.  It's fuel/toxic waste thats been exhausted and has to be thrown away but won't disappear soon enough.  I log in and I remember all the things I say here, and also what I said in the post I made all those years ago.  As it fails to with Angel Phoenix, i log in but it fails to keep me around for so many reasons.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2017, 02:25:44 PM »
I think all three of us have similar attitudes. We like the game, we just don't like playing it as it is now.

I'm not playing it right now either, ya know. So it would be pretty hypocritical of me to try and convince you two to play - and I'm not. I'm trying to convince you... to Not play. The longer you keep playing when you do not enjoy it - the worse you are making it for yourselves and the players around you.

I wouldn't feel bad at all about having a lifetime sub and not using it. If things were anywhere near normal, for me, I would have snapped one up by now and I would have already gotten my money's worth out of it. Plus, I could come and go anytime I please, as a subscriber, and never have to worry about sub fees or hassles. You probably rack up rewards every month even when you don't play, huh? I wouldn't feel bad about my LTS.

The thing LA says about a small group of people controlling the game's direction sounds completely preposterous! Paranoid... Conspiracy theories! And even though I don't play much and haven't for awhile now - I get the exact same vibe.

Unfortunately that small group doesn't seem to interest or entertain me a whole lot, either.

Ah well, such is life. Sometimes it sucks. Hard. Game worlds aren't immune from the flaws of RL, ya know. They're run by humans just like that IRL mess is.

Take a break. Find your fun again. The love of gaming is what keeps us going - not the love of a particular game.

I lost my games that I luv and that I poured myself into (CoH/CO) too, ya know! So I can say that. Without being heartless. Because I have lost at least 3 games now that were my second life. Every time... I re-find the magic. Sometimes in the same game. AFTER a break.

I was about to have burnout in CoH right before they announced the shutdown and when CoH was doing no wrong -  I was just starting to get burnt out from playing a lot... a tiny bit. Then they announced the shutdown and I couldn't play enough!

At least CO is still here. It may not be the game we want to play atm, but, it still exists. Where there's life there's hope and all that good stuff.

----------------

In fairness, have to add, there is a ton of good stuff that has gone on in the game in the past year that we are completely ignoring! Because the negative stuff doesn't allow us to enjoy it.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 02:36:32 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2017, 06:17:39 PM »
I never actually thought CO was a great game. I wasn't as gung-ho about it when it came out as some were, but I've hopped in and out of it over the years since it was a few months old. I thought it was fun and at one time I thought the community was nice. At this point the only thing CO has going for it from my perspective is that it's a super hero game. There's more of those on the way and in the mean time I have people to game with in other places and other companies I can spend my money with that I feel are putting more effort into actually maintaining their product and providing me with entertainment. I don't steer people away from CO, but I also don't advocate for it any more. I certainly don't see a reason to return to it beyond super powers. the most I have done in months is play with the character creator and I don't expect that to change.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2017, 02:42:06 PM »
I think CO is a great game. I have gotten way more than a LTS of joy out of it.

I'm just not presently playing. CO turned me off, STO turned me on (I'm about equal parts comic book fan/space fan so that helps a lot), and STO just doesn't quit.. I can't keep up with what I want to do in the game.

I'm starting to miss CO, again, but there's no time to play it.

Sooooo I figured hey, I bet Kaos and Brou, at the very least, are still playing. Why not get some news.
Some Faves:

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2017, 07:18:09 PM »
I think CO is a great game. I have gotten way more than a LTS of joy out of it.

I'm just not presently playing. CO turned me off, STO turned me on (I'm about equal parts comic book fan/space fan so that helps a lot), and STO just doesn't quit.. I can't keep up with what I want to do in the game.

I'm starting to miss CO, again, but there's no time to play it.

Sooooo I figured hey, I bet Kaos and Brou, at the very least, are still playing. Why not get some news.

Yes, I'm still playing.

It's a mixed bag. I give the Devs credit for doing what they can with what I assume is a very limited budget. Over the last year we've gotten a few new powers, a couple new ATs, and a lot of balancing and adjustment. We got a high end mini-zone (which I think is probably not judged to be a success as almost no one I know ever actually goes there more than once) and they are now going through revamping open area events.

They are currently revamping the Gadroon event in Canada.  I enjoyed what they did in Snake Gulch so I'll give it a try.

To be honest, the main thing that Cryptic has going for it right now is the COX Channel. I enjoy talking with the people on the Channel just as much-- and sometimes more-- than I do playing the actual game (be it CO or STO). STO gets a fair amount of new content-- certainly much more than CO-- but at heart I'm a super hero kind of guy. :D

Given that I like to alt more than end game grind, I am probably not the the typical MMO audience which means I am probably always going to be destined for disappointment in the long run. It doesn't seem like any game I've looked at since COX ever creates content for Non Max Levels after release.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2017, 05:02:30 PM »
The eternal focus on (making me retcon/rethink) balance and adjustment is what I was hoping was over with the last time I played. It didn't seem to be, then.

The thing they did with Rampages annoyed me bigtime. Rampages went from being the Ultimate to being Worthless on their own. Too much.. Rampagers channel, my favorite, was destroyed in the process. Now I have to Cosmic + Rampage to get what I used to get for Rampaging. I didn't really care for Cosmicing. It wasn't the events themselves it was CosmicHQ (channel) and the mindless zerging, mostly. And, I was being forced to put up with both for the same rewards I used to get just by Rampaging...................

You know what would be a huge content boost to CO without having to add a huge amount of content? Tradeskilling. I burn so much time tradeskilling in STO.. Probably because I missed it so much. Man, give me something to reliably farm in CO and play the market with (like maxxing out AE mishes/selling Salvage in CoH *stares off dreamily...*), and I have a whole other thing to keep myself busy with in-game.

I like making newbs about as much as anyone probably but I don't mind endgame focusing. That's where all our newbs end up, after all. You're only a newb once but you're max level forever or until a level cap increase. Making your max level toon feel like a newb (that you want to play...) seems like the tricky part to me. Having said all that, yeah, thinking back..., there are some newb levels in CO that seem to be about exactly the same (Kevin Poe..) for every toon.

Something cool STO does for newb alts and they have a new one right now, is, their Featured err Story or whatever it's called. The last 'Featured' had that Braydon Engine. I got that Engine at like level 10... (MK IV?) and was able to upgrade it all the way to MK XII for free - saving plenty of shopping time and currency. New mish, new gear, made for newbs and I still use that engine at 60 alongside Fleet and Rep gear. Not bad.

What's the new high-end mini-zone?? Not purple Andrith?
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2017, 01:46:20 PM »
I'm still curious about that new zone.. Ya left me hangin'!

Well, I guess I know how to log in for myself, huh..

I start to miss playing. This, is what I wish on LA and Angel P. That you can leave the game long enough to forget the things that bother you and come back to the game fresh. Burnout just happens. I've seen it happen in every online game I've played and with just about every player I've gotten to know. Usually it fades. Sometimes it doesn't. I still can't play EQ, for example. I'm ready for some more CO though. Whenever I finally take an STO break, which, I have no immediate plans for, due to the number of irons I have in the fire, there, and, my gametime is about to poof again with the fading monsoons. Hence the urge to get CO infos.

It really is nice to still have my old friends list and chat channels around even if I treat them as read only (I'm not very active in STO channels either). I bet I could get lost for a year or so in Neverwinter, too. After all that's the title that got me started. A lot of golden agers and golden age games have their roots in D&D.

So far, my experience with Cryptic has been.... eerie familiarity. For example. If I had to pick 3 genres of games... Comic book, space, and d&d would be 3 likely picks. Star Trek would be a perfectly acceptable universe and Neverwinter, too. For my comic book game I'd like to have the best costume creator possible and the widest array of cool looking powers. Don't even get me started on the familiar references in-game. When I first played CO it felt like I was playing a game made by someone I grew up with due to the references just hit home.

There's plenty of bad things everyone says about Cryptic and I'm not trying to say they're awesome or perfect or whatever like this. But... I sure have enjoyed their.... existence! Ever since CoH.
Some Faves:

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2017, 07:13:03 PM »
I'm still curious about that new zone.. Ya left me hangin'!

Well, I guess I know how to log in for myself, huh..

I start to miss playing. This, is what I wish on LA and Angel P. That you can leave the game long enough to forget the things that bother you and come back to the game fresh. Burnout just happens. I've seen it happen in every online game I've played and with just about every player I've gotten to know. Usually it fades. Sometimes it doesn't. I still can't play EQ, for example. I'm ready for some more CO though. Whenever I finally take an STO break, which, I have no immediate plans for, due to the number of irons I have in the fire, there, and, my gametime is about to poof again with the fading monsoons. Hence the urge to get CO infos.

It really is nice to still have my old friends list and chat channels around even if I treat them as read only (I'm not very active in STO channels either). I bet I could get lost for a year or so in Neverwinter, too. After all that's the title that got me started. A lot of golden agers and golden age games have their roots in D&D.

So far, my experience with Cryptic has been.... eerie familiarity. For example. If I had to pick 3 genres of games... Comic book, space, and d&d would be 3 likely picks. Star Trek would be a perfectly acceptable universe and Neverwinter, too. For my comic book game I'd like to have the best costume creator possible and the widest array of cool looking powers. Don't even get me started on the familiar references in-game. When I first played CO it felt like I was playing a game made by someone I grew up with due to the references just hit home.

There's plenty of bad things everyone says about Cryptic and I'm not trying to say they're awesome or perfect or whatever like this. But... I sure have enjoyed their.... existence! Ever since CoH.

Wish I could but I just don't, I made that one post years after CO's official decline, remembering a lot of things that'd happened.  I also cannot color powers with a silver account, which also keeps me from using powersets I otherwise enjoy(such as telekinesis, why do the blades have to be bright pink?).  All the same though over 90% of my characters are useless by this point thanks to nerfs, I just don't feel like retconning them all.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2017, 11:28:31 PM »
So, in summation:

That's 2, for, 'we're really burnt out on CO".

And 1, for, 'log in and look (at the changes) for yourself'.

Umm thanks?

hehe!

: )

Well, I will be logging in soon again.. my sub-forum fans will be thrilled to know *delusionally hears Forum Malvanum-like cheering in the background*. Probably next month, sometime. Have to run a few dozen Grab!(the money? or is it Smash! into the bank.. Why, did they have to make one name change that appears to have left me confused forever) for practice, first thing. See if I can still maintain agro a decent amount of the time. For ego strokage and current gear worth checkage.. hotkey checkage, and, just practice. Ya know.

And then I'll probly slip back out as silently as I did last time.

Hang on to your hats! And then adjust them forward...now rock... *z-snaps all chairs of those reading this into rocking chairs* *sings lullaby*. OK that wasn't as exciting as I'd hoped for.
Some Faves: