Author Topic: Mac - Can't get working, please Help :)  (Read 3019 times)

Mendel053

• Underling
Mac - Can't get working, please Help :)
« on: May 01, 2017, 08:36:16 PM »
I'm a noivice at this stuff, and I downloaded Wineskin and the island rum, but after that I don't know what I'm doing or how to run either, I looked up all the directions I could find and none of it makes sense. What do I do once I downloaded both those programs?

Also no one is seeding the issue 24 beta, do I need that with the wineskin and with the island rum?

http://www.savecoh.com/p/download-issue-24-beta.html

:(

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: Mac - Can't get working, please Help :)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 05:20:36 AM »
Island Rum should download Issue 24 files for you.  You don't need a Torrent if that works.

Unfortunately, I don't have a non-workplace owned MacBook to try it on, so I'm not a good source for advice.  Look for the user Manga on here, who is very helpful with Mac systems.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 12:27:39 PM »
You don't need the Wineskin product - there's already a client built with Wineskin:

Wineskin Mac Client

Download that and Island Rum, and IR will ask where it is.  Once it knows that, it will start downloading the game files.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 07:41:09 AM by Manga »

Mendel053

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 01:08:54 AM »
Thanks for the replies!

The problem I'm having now is that my mac just says "Verifying 'CoH'" And it just does that until it forces ISland Rum to quit.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Mendel053

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 01:46:09 AM »
I GOT IT TO WORK!!! You guys rock

Garble

• Boss
  • Shy Weirdo
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 03:22:20 PM »
I've been trying and failing to get Paragon Chat to work on my Mac for quite a while now.

For the longest time I would follow all the steps and Island Rum would appear to work only to bring up City of Heroes, close, and then City of Heroes would do nothing.

So I got curous again after looking at the past activity here and this thread: https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12442.0

I changed to the newer Wine download that Manga provided and made progress but now it stalls at Paragon Chat.

Made sure Manifest is correct:

Selected file from Manga's Wine extract:

When it says "Ready to Play" I hit the blue arrow and at that point Paragon Chat launches and wants to pick a folder which I let it do:

But then it says it can't find the 24 Issue

So I try to navigate to it using Choose Folder (I'm guessing this is a remote server because it does not match my computer nor any other mac I've seen):

After choosing Program Files I find CoH:

And since it insists on opening a folder instead of just selecting it, I choose cityofheroes.exe:

But then it just goes right back to asking for Issue 24, forever and always:

"Try Again" does nothing.

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 03:53:11 PM »

Can you remove the "cityofheroes.exe" part?

Garble

• Boss
  • Shy Weirdo
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 07:10:31 PM »
Okay this time when I ran Island Rum it reloaded everything again and didn't ask for the location of Issue 24.

Maybe it needs to find it, then get re-ran?

It's working for now!