Author Topic: Jack Emmert Interview  (Read 3251 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Jack Emmert Interview
« on: May 06, 2017, 01:02:35 PM »
He talks a fair amount about City of Heroes and Villains, and Champions Online here.

http://www.glixel.com/interviews/qa-dcuo-chief-jack-emmert-on-why-superheroes-matter-w480985

Surelle

Re: Jack Emmert Interview
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 02:23:09 AM »
Well, that was interesting; thank you!

I wish some editor would someday ask him if he and/or any company he works/has worked for really did try to buy CoX after it was shuttered, and what ever came of that effort if there ever was any.

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 10:30:01 AM »
Indeed, thanks for sharing that! I probably would have never have seen that otherwise!

It's definitely an interesting read, and while I have my own differences with some of his previous viewpoints (and probably current) it was still a good read on the thoughts behind things.

I had no idea he was chief of DCUO online currently. If he could somehow bring it closer to Co* gameplay-wise, it could only get better from it. I played it for quite a while after the City went dark, but it never quite satisfied my 'fix' and eventually dropped off. Anyone know if it has gotten better in the past few years?

Lyc~

NeonBomb

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 08:04:00 PM »
Thanks for the article post.  As I was reading I am remembering all the different instances concerning CoH/CoV and Champions... and heard from one of my Super Group mates that he was working on multiple items.. and thought:  'isn't he spreading himself thing?  I wish the development team would focus attention on cleaning and improving content in their main platform instead of introducing a new game' 

But maybe that was just me and a few other individuals...

I wish some editor would someday ask him if he and/or any company he works/has worked for really did try to buy CoX after it was shuttered, and what ever came of that effort if there ever was any.

I agree, an explanation of what really went down would be very nice.  I can't say for certain.. but I'm guessing if his ego was as big as he says.. that may have played a role

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 01:59:45 AM »

Maybe it was a social faux pas, like using the wrong chopstick to eat Sake.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 07:22:23 PM »
Maybe it was a social faux pas, like using the wrong chopstick to eat Sake.

Which chopstick would you use to eat sake?