Author Topic: You know you've played too much CoH when...  (Read 8574 times)

psduckie

• Minion
You know you've played too much CoH when...
« on: May 07, 2017, 04:45:43 PM »
You know you've played too much CoH when you have a hard time not calling a villain's influence (in another game or even in a book) "infamy."

You know you've played too much CoH when you think of characters in other games as hero, villain, vigilante, or rogue.

(Just posting this for fun!  I'm looking forward to seeing what other people say "you know you've played too much CoH when..."  And yes, I did do both of the things I posted.)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 07:36:36 PM by psduckie »

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
Re: You know you've played too much CoH when...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 02:07:16 AM »
I knew I'd been playing COH too much early on, when I realized that when I'd take the dog out, I'd unthinking assume the hands-on-hips hero stance!   :D

psduckie

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 02:18:23 AM »
You know you've played too much CoH when you design a boss for an RP and think "Is this an Archvillain or just an Elite Boss?"

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 06:29:42 AM »
When you call yourself an exemplar by accident at work during the training of new employees.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 08:08:37 AM »
When you call yourself an exemplar by accident at work during the training of new employees.
I'm actually amazed that I haven't done that yet.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 10:52:24 PM »
. . . . when you roll your scroll wheel and move the mouse when looking at a still picture to see it from another angle . . I do this all the time

psduckie

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 04:15:24 AM »
You know you've played too much CoH when you think of your characters from other games as one of the CoH archetypes.  I actually do that.

My character in WoW would be a Demon/Dark Mastermind.  As for the FF14 characters I RP...

• Tyll'a Starr (my main RP character) would be a Dual Blades/Willpower Scrapper.  But...
  • Sometimes he loses control of himself, becoming a Dual Blades/Willpower Brute.
  • And the antagonist of the RP storyline I'm DMing would be a Dark/Dark Dominator.

You know you've played too much CoH when you look at a map in another game (in my case LOTRO) and are reminded of the Circle of Thorns (or any other enemy group, but for me it was the Circle).
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 07:16:31 AM by psduckie »

cmgangrel

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 01:51:15 PM »
. . . . when you roll your scroll wheel and move the mouse when looking at a still picture to see it from another angle . . I do this all the time

I do this quite a bit whenever i watch stuff on twitch, and they just have the game and no overlay.

I actually caught myself doing it with my FFXIV wallpaper.....

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 04:15:30 AM »
You know I've played too much CoH when you hear sound FX by watching TV shows and movies that came from the game you be like "That's the Force Field sound FX or that's the Fiery Aura sound FX!"  ;D

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2017, 04:05:27 AM »
The ring tone on my phone is still Minebeep_loop.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2017, 06:31:51 AM »
I discuss comic book characters in terms of City archetypes. . . with a friend who never even played City:(

psduckie

• Minion
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2017, 04:37:41 PM »
I know I've played too much CoH.  I'm installing Mids to make CoH builds based on my FF14 characters.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 04:11:53 AM »
You know that you've played City of Heroes too much when you have your name legally changed to ...

The Paragon Avenger!!!

Spoiler for Hidden:
(ok, that would never happen)

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 05:00:06 AM »
You know that you've played City of Heroes too much when you have your name legally changed to ...

The Paragon Avenger!!!

Spoiler for Hidden:

Because the character creator wouldn't let you use 'The' as part of your name?

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 07:27:31 AM »
Yeah you could, it was an option, like wearing a badge...

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 08:06:15 AM »
You could have it as a title, not part of your name. I had to rename a toon Th' Klapp because the NPC's refused to say it in a properly amusing to my juvenile self way.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2017, 04:57:40 PM »

The Paragon Avenger!!!

Spoiler for Hidden:

Because the character creator wouldn't let you use 'The' as part of your name?

Not my character's name.  My name in RL.  Yeah, that would definately mean I did something too much.

Editor's Note: Nested quote -- fixed. :)  -- Tahquitz
Thanx, Tahquitz you saved the day.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 09:53:14 PM by Paragon Avenger »

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2017, 07:06:49 PM »
I expected your RL name change to reflect game parameters though. So disillusioned now. Next you'll be telling us you don't have your name rigged with wire and fishing line so it floats over your head.

psduckie

• Minion
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2017, 07:12:08 PM »
You know you've played too much CoH when you think of making Praetorian versions of your characters from other games.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2017, 09:47:17 PM »
I expected your RL name change to reflect game parameters though. So disillusioned now. Next you'll be telling us you don't have your name rigged with wire and fishing line so it floats over your head.

Throw in the health bars and that would save so much time at the doctor's office.

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2017, 06:16:21 PM »
That would speed up your pharmacy, too - 'You have about 75% of your Health left - swallow a couple of Greens or find someone spamming a Heal aura'

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 03:27:55 AM »
That would speed up your pharmacy, too - 'You have about 75% of your Health left - swallow a couple of Greens or find someone spamming a Heal aura'

Yeah, but we would have to get counterfiet greens from Canada here in the States, because the price of the real deal is too high.  In Canada and the U.K. you will have to wait enqueued for several weeks.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2017, 10:13:24 PM »
You know that you've played City of Heroes too much when, ...

Every morning I check outside the front door to make sure that there aren't any Clockwork or Trolls or Outcasts hanging around.

Jhessail

• Underling
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2017, 08:51:17 AM »

It's ALL a Nemesis plot!

Kelltick

• Boss
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2017, 04:05:37 PM »

It's ALL a Nemesis plot!

Wait...it isn't?!?

themichigami

• Underling
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 06:20:06 AM »
when you almost get kicked from a minecraft server for having a small memorial to CoH in your backyard that reads "Never forget Virtue Server, City of Heroes" because the babymod had never played, and one of the senior mods had to give him a headpat and a "go sit in the corner, it's not advertising another minecraft server, dummy" talk, and then we commiserated about the game for a while.

possible bonus "too much" points for buying embroidered patches of archetype and origin symbols off Etsy.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2017, 08:28:03 AM »
You know you've played too much CoH when... you're playing some other video game and you immediately assume the item you just earned is rare because the name of it is in purple.
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2017, 04:48:51 AM »
You know I've played too much CoH when you hear sound FX by watching TV shows and movies that came from the game you be like "That's the Force Field sound FX or that's the Fiery Aura sound FX!"  ;D

Something like that actually happened to me! I was watching a movie (of course, I can't remember which one it was), and, during a scene in which some police cars were gathered at an incident, I heard, on the police radio, the familiar CoH police-drone radio call, in the very same dispatcher voice: "7835, code 6, 105 North Avenue 52".
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Hagis

• Minion
  • Still a newbie
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2017, 03:49:33 PM »
When your children can hum the bars of the atlas park opening music.... and they were born post shutdown.

Borealys

• Underling
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2017, 12:14:55 PM »
You know you've played too much CoH when, to this day, you STILL do "The Washer" dance from the Actions menu... to almost every song you hear on the radio past and present :)

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2017, 10:54:55 PM »
During Double XP weekend, just after Purple Invention IOs came out I spent the entire weekend doing Katie Hannon TFs..

after about 20 hours of doing them I zoned out..and apparently did most of it through muscle memory cause I didn't remember doing the missions between the start and the last 10 boss rush.