Author Topic: Hi I cant get it to launch!  (Read 3960 times)

wolfgang8565

• Underling
Hi I cant get it to launch!
« on: May 12, 2017, 01:55:09 AM »
Hello guys, im new to the chat but was a long time COH player. I downloaded the files properly, but when I click on Log IN, after opening Paragon Chat a window pops up saying, "Unable to launch client process" and " The system cannot find the file specified."

Please help!

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: Hi I cant get it to launch!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 02:21:58 AM »
First: This determines the help you can get -- Is this on a PC or Mac?

Second: Did you get the Issue 24 files first?  Paragon Chat cannot run without them.  (We have installers for them if needed, both Mac and PC.)

Third: As a test, can you run Icon.exe?  If you use Tequila or Island Rum, it's in the same directory as Paragon Chat and the Issue 24 client.  If you haven't downloaded it, you can skip this step.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

wolfgang8565

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 02:40:42 AM »
Hey! Thanks for the quick reply! It actually worked when i clicked icon.exe.

Thanks so much!  :)

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 03:24:18 AM »
Okay, that's 50% of the battle.  Your files are intact.

Now for Paragon Chat: run it, but don't login to the first window.  Instead, click the Gear icon.  In the upper right, does the directory match the one you ran Icon in?

wolfgang8565

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 06:10:36 AM »
Yes the directory matches.

What else is next?

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 06:00:30 PM »
In that same window, click "Verify Issue 24 files."  Does it say any message other than "All Issue 24 files verified successfully"?

wolfgang8565

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 07:24:21 AM »
Nope it just says they are validated. Am I missing something because i logged in, i dont have travel powers and no one is on.

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 01:54:11 PM »
You might just have had bad luck. I was on about 4 hours before your post, and the City was unusually quiet and the few who were on were starting to log off. Probably you just didn't happen to meet anyone.
As for having no travel powers, maybe you have an outdated Paragon Chat. Try the first link in this thread: https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12479.0

Korbian

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 02:08:40 PM »
Strange.  While that is perfectly normal behavior for Icon, it is uncharacteristic of Paragon Chat unless you are running a very, very old version.  I'm no expert in any of this, but a couple of things to check until said experts return...

Make sure you are running the current version, 1.0.13:  Open Paragon Chat, and make sure that is the number you see directly below the graphic.  If not, click the gear icon and under "Automatically check for new versions:" click the box that says  "Check Now."  (I recommend setting this to "Automatically install all upgrades.")

Make sure you are not running in offline mode:  Click the gear icon and make sure the box that says "Offline Mode" is unchecked.

Verify that your login info is correct:  Your XMPP Account info should be wolfgang8565@chat.cohtitan.com and the password is the same as what you use to log in to Titan Network.

My last suggestion was going to be what Pengy has already suggested above, so hopefully you are in business by now.  Let us know how it's going.  :)

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2017, 02:21:15 PM »
nm
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

wolfgang8565

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2017, 04:41:50 PM »
I no longer see the gear icon...

When I double click Paragon Chat in the folder where everything downloaded, this pops up:

paragonchatopen" border="0

and when I double click Tequila, this opens up:

tequilaopen" border="0

If I click Options, this opens:

tequilaoptions" border="0

Korbian

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2017, 05:50:10 PM »
Aaaah, okay.  Once you have the i24 install you no longer need Tequila.  Your best bet is to go to the link in Pengy's post and download and run the bootstrap.  It should put a Paragon Chat shortcut on your desktop.  Use that to open Paragon Chat and don't worry about Tequila anymore unless you need to redownload he i24 files for any reason. After you've done that if you're still having trouble see my previous post.  ;)