Author Topic: Mapserver Disconnected on loading in  (Read 2867 times)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Mapserver Disconnected on loading in
« on: May 14, 2017, 06:15:00 PM »
Title says it all, twice I've attempted to load in and instantly my camera freezes, character freezes and I get "Mapserver disconnected".
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: Mapserver Disconnected on loading in
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 06:43:13 PM »
Lost Connection to Mapserver is Paragon Chat's way of saying it can't reach the XMPP server.  I'm on Paragon Chat now, it's been up all along during this hour.  I presume your internet at home works otherwise I wouldn't be reading this.

Could be a regional Internet issue?  Try running this in the Command Prompt:

Code: [Select]
ping chat.cohtitan.com -t
If you see "Response timed out." you have a issue between your house and the Paragon Chat server.  (Press CTRL-C to end Ping, or close the Command Prompt window.)

Wrong advice: see Codewalker below.  The above would apply if characters stopped moving in-game and you haven't mapserved.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 06:04:16 AM by Tahquitz »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Gunnarsvard

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 05:33:29 PM »
Having the same issue and the command prompt isn't showing a timed out response at any point. It even keeps going as if I haven't mapserver'd at all.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 08:54:56 PM »
Lost Connection to Mapserver is Paragon Chat's way of saying it can't reach the XMPP server.

Quick correction, 'Lost connection to mapserver' has nothing to do with XMPP. It means that the client can't connect to the Paragon Chat process on your computer. It's purely a local issue -- either Paragon Chat crashed, or something is fighting for resources with it and it can't respond fast enough.

An XMPP disconnect will manifest with everybody else suddenly disappearing and losing access to global channels, along with a system message in the chat window.