Author Topic: Costume Contest Thursdays: August is Player's Choice Month!  (Read 5661 times)

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
As the summer starts in the next few weeks, for some, by organizational break (schools, work, etc.), for most by equinox, Paragon Chat hits a weird lull.  Where outdoor fun, once-in-a-lifetime (if not once a year) events, and time to pursue one's interests take the foreground.  And hobbies and routine tend to fall to the wayside.

So, there's less people on Paragon Chat during Summer than there is throughout other times of the year.

Well, for those dedicated to using Paragon Chat during these slower than normal times, we wanted to offer something in HERC that's new.  As Costume Contest Thursdays continues throughout the summer, during the month of August, we're offering:

PLAYER'S CHOICE MONTH!

During the Month of August, HERC will run themes offered by you, the players, for the Costume Contest Thursday competitions!  We're going to do this for the weeks of August 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, and 31st.  That means the top five themes that have been picked will be our themes for the August contests.

Of course, there will be some caveats:
  • The theme suggestions must meet the Terms of Service of Titan Network.  (In case it needs explained differently: if the theme can't be discussed on the boards, we're not doing a theme of it in Paragon Chat.)
  • The following three areas will be verboten, even if they are clear of the Terms of Service: Politics, Religion, and NCSoft.  All three tend to leave a sour taste in people's mouths, so we won't progress those suggestions forward to vote. (We're here to have fun, dang it.)
  • No "Anything Goes!" or "Free-For-All" themes for the August contests, please.  Those are repeated semi-quarterly, and there will be at least two more before the year is out.
  • Themes that are on-deck or planned to run before we start Player's Choice Month will be eliminated from consideration.  We don't publicize our themes until a week before, so if we mention #4 as why it didn't make it, refer to this part and stay tuned as your theme will be coming earlier than you thought!
  • HERC Staff have final approval on acceptable themes for vote, and Titan Network has the right to remove any theme without warning. If your favorite didn't make it into the list, sorry.  If it met the other four requirements, try again next year.

So, this month, give us your theme suggestions!  You can post them right here below this message. In the first week of July, we'll compile the list of candidates and put them up to a vote.  Midway through July, we'll announce the winners!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 06:20:49 AM by Tahquitz »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Nytestar

• Underling
Re: Costume Contest Thursdays: August is Player's Choice Month!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 02:32:43 AM »
Not sure if we are allowed to go ahead and offer a suggestion or not for player's choice on costumes, but if so (and I hope I am placing this in the right spot).

I think it would be fun if we could do a twist on costumes that were Retro Style Heroes (i.e., first gen).

I would also like to introduce the idea/suggestion of  H.P. Lovecraft type of costumes. Something from the dark and mysterious edges of the mind. ( Not sure if we have the capability of that but just saying  :)  )

- Nytestar aka BlueLyte

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 04:10:19 PM »
Not sure if we are allowed to go ahead and offer a suggestion or not for player's choice on costumes, but if so (and I hope I am placing this in the right spot).

Yup!  Fire away!

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 06:14:11 PM »
There's 12 days left to offer themes for August.  We'll close this thread on June 30th and make a poll out of the entries given.

So far:
  • Retro Style Costumes
  • HP Lovecraft

Plenty of room for more ideas!

powerzone

• Honorary Mastermind 2017
  • Underling
  • Herald of the Spark
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 07:40:26 PM »
Awesome!

I'm going to offer the theme of...

Culture clash!

Take aspects from 2 different cultures and create a warrior that has the best of both!

&

Classic video game characters!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 04:20:44 AM by powerzone »

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 07:22:47 AM »
I vote Cyberpunk... and I still have a couple of Steam codes for "Shadowrun Chronicles: Boston Lockdown" to offer as prizes for it! ;)

Lyc~

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 01:43:44 AM »
LAST WEEK for ideas.  We're closing this next Friday!

powerzone

• Underling
  • Herald of the Spark
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 04:55:07 AM »

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 01:18:08 AM »

powerzone

• Underling
  • Herald of the Spark
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 01:48:02 AM »
Can't do brand names... How about "Pocket, Digital and Card Monsters"?  (Gives the Digimon, Monster Rancher, and other cartoon TCG fans a chance to enter.)

Also, I'm locking this topic Friday at Midnight.  That's the deadline if anyone else has ideas for these contests.  We'll run the vote from July 1st through 15th.

Even better!  :D

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2017, 07:28:24 PM »