Author Topic: Why is "Recluse's Victory" in the Hero Victory State?  (Read 4538 times)

TheCyberchill

• Underling
Why is "Recluse's Victory" in the Hero Victory State?
« on: June 05, 2017, 11:00:35 AM »
The point of the map is sapose to be its Recluse's Victory, that statue of recluse in the place of atlas etc, so why is the map in the Freedom Corps victory state?

Is it possible for code walker to make the map the villain victory state?

Surelle

Re: Why is "Recluse's Victory" in the Hero Victory State?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 03:36:17 PM »
If that's how CoX was, that's how CoX was.  I'd hate to see the whole game whittled away and changed over every whim anybody has.   :(

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 05:08:08 PM »
The point of the map is sapose to be its Recluse's Victory, that statue of recluse in the place of atlas etc, so why is the map in the Freedom Corps victory state?

Is it possible for code walker to make the map the villain victory state?

There are no "states" other than whatever the map default's were as there is no server to determine states.  RV is probably in hero mode because that's its default state.

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 07:25:36 PM »
Good point though - it honestly should default to the villain victory mode, if it were possible...

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 07:46:17 PM »
Good point though - it honestly should default to the villain victory mode, if it were possible...

Why?

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 08:29:42 PM »
Lore - it's an alternate dimension in which Recluse won - hense Recluses Victory.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 08:54:08 PM »
Lore - it's an alternate dimension in which Recluse won - hense Recluses Victory.

I seem to recall it being in either state, interchangeably, so there's really no reason why coding effort should go into changing it from its default state, as it currently is now.

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 09:18:41 PM »
Again - lore, the reason is lore - whether or not the map is Atlas Park by default is irrelevant because the lore states the reason we visited was to reclaim that dimensions version of Atlas Park from Recluse - therefore the Lore suggests its natural state at the time was villain victory.

The two states were a result of the timeline being changed due to the actions of those in the battle.

If it's too much effort so be it, but as a nod to the history of the zone it would be nice to see it "corrected"...

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 03:13:01 AM »
It defaults to the default state based on what's in the map file.

Paragon Chat has somewhat more of an understanding of how geometry visibility works (and control over it) than say, Icon, where loading the RV map results in all of the geometry being visible at once and overlapping. It has no mechanism to control it intelligently, so it just uses the default state based on what's in the map.

Changing that would require digging into that particular map and seeing if there's any rhyme or reason to the groups that are set to by dynamic in order to riddle out which ones to hide/show, and coding a mechanism to override the visibility for that one map.

I haven't taken the time to look at it; are you certain that the map is in the "hero victory" state and not the neutral state that the map normally has when neither heroes nor villains control any pillboxes?

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 03:48:54 AM »

I haven't taken the time to look at it; are you certain that the map is in the "hero victory" state and not the neutral state that the map normally has when neither heroes nor villains control any pillboxes?

I'm certainly not - not sure I could help if I wanted to either - I'm just a filthy casual with limited modding skills...

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 10:08:42 PM »
I looked at the zone just now and it does have the appearance of being in the Hero victory state, with the Freedom Corp banners displayed all through the zone, and not as if the pillboxes were uncontrolled. I can't say which of those is actually the default state of the zone, though.