Author Topic: Unveiler help!  (Read 13776 times)

werewriter

• Minion
    • Beware of Fanboy
Unveiler help!
« on: June 02, 2008, 02:38:33 PM »
I'm getting tired of slowly stalking Fake Nemesis in Peregrine Island by myself. Anyone want to team up for a hunt on Protector some time? If I can finish off this badge, I'll get the Freedom Phalanx Accolade.
[/url]

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: Unveiler help!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 02:42:10 PM »
Aw man, if I played on Protector, I'd help you out.  I know how tedious these guys are, one of the worst Farming Badges ever.

werewriter

• Minion
    • Beware of Fanboy
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 04:36:58 PM »
They're definitely a pain. I don't know what I'd do if I weren't a scrapper. I'd probably have to pay some to hunt with me!  :D
[/url]

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 04:41:12 PM »
Well I have a PB there that is just a Badge Verifier Toon....Lv 2, but if I'm SK'd, I could be your Extra Damage or your Meatshield.  I've got no problems with using him to help you.  Or I could start up a new Toon real quick, would still need the SK of course, but at least I could make a specific Toon...like a Healer or whatever.

Let me know!? :P

Bliz

• Boss
    • StudioBliz
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 07:20:05 PM »
I recall, there is a story arc where you face a map full of Nemesis Automatons in the last mission, and the final one is a Nemesis EB/AV.

You also have to click a bunch of glowies... dimensional portals or some such.  I am trying to recall specifically the mission; I remember doing it with my Kin/Energy Defender way back inthe day. I want to say it was more than likely in the story arc from the 40-45 Nemesis Contact, Maxwell Christopher.

You could do that mission several times until you get the badge, rather than hunt them in Peregrin.
Liz

My City of Heroes shirts and stuff on RedBubble:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/bliz/collections/261901-city-of-heroes

werewriter

• Minion
    • Beware of Fanboy
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 07:22:09 PM »
Well I have a PB there that is just a Badge Verifier Toon....Lv 2, but if I'm SK'd, I could be your Extra Damage or your Meatshield.  I've got no problems with using him to help you.  Or I could start up a new Toon real quick, would still need the SK of course, but at least I could make a specific Toon...like a Healer or whatever.

Let me know!? :P

Either would be cool with me. Then I'd get to work on my next mentoring badge, too!  ;D

@syrusb I'm currently in the Maxwell Christopher arc. At one point, I thought I was in the mission you're talking about, and stupidly enough, clicked the last glowie without even thinking about it. Hopefully, I was mistaken about that being the mission you're referring to.
[/url]

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 08:05:19 PM »
Fair enough, now to figure out a time to get this done :P.

I cannot recall the mission either, it's been so long since I've paid any mind to Missions at all.  When I play it's just a fast pace try-to-level-asap style that my SG mates have gotten very good at....so there's really no slow periods to pay attention to anything but "get to the mish Door" and "Exit".

Didn't take me long with my Tank back in the day to get it....I still remember the Circuit to run.  I used to get up to 5 in a pass.

werewriter

• Minion
    • Beware of Fanboy
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 08:59:53 PM »
Nice!

I'm usually on during the evenings, EST. You?
[/url]

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 12:42:24 PM »
...I'm usually on during the evenings, EST.

:P.  Although this week is tough cause of work.  I'll see what I can do for tonight....how's 7pm for you?  I should be able to get home by then, but it won't be but for about an hour or so of play.  I'm on duty to relieve the overnighter tonight, and that could happen at any time starting at 8pm.

werewriter

• Minion
    • Beware of Fanboy
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 02:34:01 PM »
I don't see why I couldn't be on around 7. I only need another 30 or so, and hopefully we can do that in an hour. :)
[/url]

Catharctic

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 03:59:34 PM »
While I'm thinking about it...

Have you done any island hopping in the Shadow Shard? There's a good number of Fakes there.

werewriter

• Minion
    • Beware of Fanboy
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 04:54:47 PM »
I tried the Shard once, and felt like a tool. I had no idea where I was going, and what geyser went where... I left after a few deaths. Then again, I was solo, too.
[/url]

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 05:55:12 PM »
I totally forgot about the Shard, I remember seeing a few groups there that held a Fakie or two.  It took a short time for me to get adjusted to the Shard lol, luckily I have SJ and Hover on my Tank...and TP.  So I had little problems :P.

Catharctic

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 08:40:18 PM »
luckily I have SJ and Hover on my Tank...and TP.

=

Definition of overkill.  ;)

Bliz

• Boss
    • StudioBliz
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 10:42:45 PM »
Overkill of travel powers?  My Fire/Rad Corrupter has the following pool powers:

Air Sup, Fly*, Recall Friend, Hasten, Super Speed**, Combat Jump

Why no, I don't tend to get stuck places....

*concept travel power; Burning Skies.. yeah he's gotta have Fly. It's one-slotted with end redux. :P
**actual travel power

Admittedly, this is the only toon I've ever done something like this on.
Liz

My City of Heroes shirts and stuff on RedBubble:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/bliz/collections/261901-city-of-heroes

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 11:12:20 PM »
LOL!

Hover for my Wing Animations, SJ for quick Travel and easy on the End, TP because of my Granite Armor.

All that will change when I try Iltat's new Build though....we'll see.

werewriter

• Minion
    • Beware of Fanboy
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 12:20:55 AM »
Woot! Got Unveiler now, and that unlocked the Freedom Phalanx accolade.  ;D Thanks again, Taz.
[/url]

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 02:09:27 PM »
No problem, thanks for getting me from LV 2 to LV 5 / almost 6. :P

That was fun, but I swear I ran into more spawns per circuit run when I was doing it on my Justice Hero.

Feel free to ask for help on any other Badge Farms or whatnot.....soon I'll be able to get my Squid/Tank form to be of more assistance LOL!

werewriter

• Minion
    • Beware of Fanboy
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2008, 02:33:34 PM »
I'll be taking you up on that. My next Accolade to work on is the Geas... one.
[/url]

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2008, 03:17:47 PM »
Ah, I see you need the Croatoa Badges.  Those are much easier then the Fakies :P.  Let me know....I'm coming up on free time starting this time next week.