Community > Task Force Hail Mary

How do you do it?

(1/7) > >>

princezilla:
I always regretted not getting more involved with the CoH community while the servers were still active and perhaps even more so that I withdrew from it completely after the shutdown so everytime I come back I tell myself this time I'll stay engaged, this time I won't fall out of touch. Yet inevitably I start getting frustrated and bitter, being involved but not really able to play, it's like, well I had a really crude analogy but I'm not sure it'd be appreciated here. But anyway, eventually I feel like a gotta take a break and then if course it drifts to the back of my mind and that break stretches on for months on end or longer. So how does everyone here keep participating on here constantly and trying to fight with becoming jaded or going mad? How does everyone keep the fire going without burning out?

MegaWatt:
it helps to already be insane.

Angel Phoenix77:

--- Quote from: princezilla on July 05, 2017, 11:05:40 PM ---I always regretted not getting more involved with the CoH community while the servers were still active and perhaps even more so that I withdrew from it completely after the shutdown so everytime I come back I tell myself this time I'll stay engaged, this time I won't fall out of touch. Yet inevitably I start getting frustrated and bitter, being involved but not really able to play, it's like, well I had a really crude analogy but I'm not sure it'd be appreciated here. But anyway, eventually I feel like a gotta take a break and then if course it drifts to the back of my mind and that break stretches on for months on end or longer. So how does everyone here keep participating on here constantly and trying to fight with becoming jaded or going mad? How does everyone keep the fire going without burning out?

--- End quote ---
for me, when there was a forum, I tried to be a part of it. Until I offered some help about spines scrappers. I was told, that what I thought was wrong and to shut up. Despite my having three spines. That caused me to abandoned the forum community. The community has been awesome, and I am glad to be a part of it.

Tahquitz:

--- Quote from: princezilla on July 05, 2017, 11:05:40 PM ---How does everyone keep the fire going without burning out?

--- End quote ---

Apart from doing something fun with the community once in a while, there's nothing wrong with the following approaches:

* In small doses: check in on the Anniversary of what matters to you.  April 28th for the game's creation (a bit more upbeat), or on November 30th for its shutdown (more maudlin.)
* Use Paragon Chat as a Grand Central Station.  Pop into Atlas Park or Pocket D when you have downtime to say Hi and socialize between games.  Doesn't have to be every day, but most nights, you can find a crowd somewhere.  And if you blurt out on the Paragon Chat channel that you miss the game, wherever you are in there, you'll find a friendly soul in most waking hours who will want to talk to you about it.
* Social Media.  Titan Network has a Twitter and Facebook feed.  If you're just wanting 'the feed' of important developments that's one way to follow.
Personally, if you find disenchantment with the state of things concerning our favorite MMO, then just take a look at the people here... but not just here on these boards.  In Paragon Chat.  On Social Media.  Elsewhere on other MMO sites when City of Heroes comes up as a topic.  Most of whom are friendly, dedicated, and passionate about the game they love.  Some hope for it's eventual return, some don't.  Some are hopping on board for at least one of Plan Z's projects, others won't.

But what we all have in common is strong enough to keep us together for a long time, I think.  Call it love or lunacy, desperation or hope.

Or maybe this is all over the top and it's easier to leave it at the thought that this community by itself is worth fighting for.  At least, for me it is anyway.

Mistress Urd:

--- Quote from: princezilla on July 05, 2017, 11:05:40 PM ---I always regretted not getting more involved with the CoH community while the servers were still active and perhaps even more so that I withdrew from it completely after the shutdown so everytime I come back I tell myself this time I'll stay engaged, this time I won't fall out of touch. Yet inevitably I start getting frustrated and bitter, being involved but not really able to play, it's like, well I had a really crude analogy but I'm not sure it'd be appreciated here. But anyway, eventually I feel like a gotta take a break and then if course it drifts to the back of my mind and that break stretches on for months on end or longer. So how does everyone here keep participating on here constantly and trying to fight with becoming jaded or going mad? How does everyone keep the fire going without burning out?

--- End quote ---

I gave tech support help on the CoH forums. I was one of the users of the ATI video cards and some of us had issues with driver stability. Since I had a couple of extra rigs I was able to test multiple sets of drivers and cards. Sometimes the Q&A on the forums was hard because people thought I could go total mind controller and not only read what their hardware was but what errors they were having and what exactly they wanted to do and their budget. Of course they never said anything, I had to twist arms to get that out of people. In the end it helped me with customer service  :P employment. So all is good.

You never know how life's journey will go, I try to see things as a positive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version