Author Topic: How do you do it?  (Read 20542 times)

Soul Resonance

• Boss
Re: How do you do it?
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2018, 11:18:05 PM »
College really. Great distractor, well that and a few games every once in awhile when I have time(gonna make time for spiderman PS4  8))
50's: Necro/Dark, Fire x3 Dom, Plant/Savage Dom, Ice/Time Blaster, Arch/TA Blaster, SS/Elec Brute, Rad/Rad Def.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2018, 07:08:02 PM »
For me, it used to be editing the wiki. Then I sort of fell out of that, and now I just come here when I'm reminded of it once in a while. Sometimes that's because the Facebook COH groups I'm part of post something that floats on my feed, or in my most recent case, because someone I play D&D with used to play CoH too. While I've given up hope on an "official" reboot, it's nice to have other people to reminisce with, and follow potential successors with.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2018, 03:37:37 AM »
Mirrors.
It's all done with mirrors.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2018, 02:38:58 PM »
Mirrors.
It's all done with mirrors.

and smoke
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2018, 04:16:47 AM »
I always regretted not getting more involved with the CoH community while the servers were still active and perhaps even more so that I withdrew from it completely after the shutdown so everytime I come back I tell myself this time I'll stay engaged, this time I won't fall out of touch. Yet inevitably I start getting frustrated and bitter, being involved but not really able to play, it's like, well I had a really crude analogy but I'm not sure it'd be appreciated here. But anyway, eventually I feel like a gotta take a break and then if course it drifts to the back of my mind and that break stretches on for months on end or longer. So how does everyone here keep participating on here constantly and trying to fight with becoming jaded or going mad? How does everyone keep the fire going without burning out?

Of late been focused on repairing an old injury and dropping a "metric ton" of weight.  It's nice to wear smaller sized clothes again.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2018, 04:12:47 AM »

Of late been focused on repairing an old injury and dropping a "metric ton" of weight.  It's nice to wear smaller sized clothes again.

smaller sized pants?  Why?

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2018, 04:35:39 AM »
smaller sized pants?  Why?

That's what happens when one drops a lot of weight. :)
In fearful COH-less days

rezulin

• Minion
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2018, 02:47:56 PM »
I think he was referring to the need for pants at all.  I mean he IS the Pantless Wonder.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2018, 03:34:11 AM »
I think he was referring to the need for pants at all.  I mean he IS the Pantless Wonder.
Ah, my error :)
In fearful COH-less days

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2018, 12:49:52 AM »
To pants or not to pants, that is the question.
To sleep, perhaps to dream...of pants.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2018, 07:27:33 PM »
To pants or not to pants, that is the question.
To sleep, perhaps to dream...of pants.

--> Insert Gandalf image here <---

You! Shall not! PASS!    without pants.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2018, 11:55:16 PM »
I was always involved with the community on liberty and now I kinda wish I never was with the game being gone. Maybe, just maybe if I kept to myself and didn't make as many friends on here I don't think it would hurt me as bad as it does now. I mean shit.... look at this purchase I made on Amazon not too long ago:

That's an annoying reminder.... I had just bought those for my 3rd cox account.

When swg was shutdown it hurt but not as bad because I really only had a small group to run with there (and now there are so many emulators are running)
When planetside shutdown I had already moved on and played coh full time. (ps also has a nearly complete emulator)

When wildstar shuts down, I admit it is going to hurt a bit.... the game was charming and I was playing it with a few coh friends for the first year but I haven't played in quite some time. But it hurts more because it was the game ncsoft replaced coh with and it only lasted a few years. I also despise the famous for shutting down mmos and refusal to sell company ncsoft as they have the record on that and that's Not something good to be known for.

Blackdesert already has several emulators and swtor has some in development. So I feel pretty safe there when those games shutdown.
Whenever Wow finally does shutdown it will have an equally good replacement that's just as good as it was.... I have no doubts here but it also has plenty of server emulators so as long as people want to play it it will never truly die.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 12:00:40 AM by Noyjitat »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2018, 07:42:43 AM »
--> Insert Gandalf image here <---

You! Shall not! PASS!    without pants.

I think you mean:
"You! Shall not! PANTS!

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2018, 03:06:11 AM »
Pants?  We don't need no stinkin' pants.  eeew!