Community > Task Force Hail Mary

City of Heroes 2

(1/14) > >>

princezilla:
After five years of completely ignoring the IP and generally seeming like they'd prefer it if people forgot CoH ever existed NCsoft seemingly out of nowhere started utilizing it again. Now this could easily be a clueless attempt to draw in VoX alumni to their new game by sticking the guy on the cover of it's box in as a playable character and yet the backstory they released for him heavily features elements which were only revealed in the post sunset AMAs showing that they did in fact put some thought into it. Then they brought in Ghost Widow and CoX themed PvE content. Again, this could mean nothing, it could be as some have reported the work of a lone company official who played the game back in the day and fought to get pieces of it included in this new project in tribute. It probably is.

But.

The very fact that they are using the IP again raises a possibility that most of the community had written off years ago:

The City of name being revived through a sequel while still under NCsoft.

Now I'm curious, given the hostility many here bare for the company would you play a new game set in Paragon if they were running it? For me the answer is a resounding 'hell yes' but I want to know what others think.

LateNights:
I'd almost boycott it just for using the name CoH 2 - I hate any MMO that's so lacking in creativity that they would simply slap a "2" on the end and call it a day...

But if NC were responsible I'd probably be ok with it; at the end of the day they made a business decision, whether or not it seemed like good sense to us isn't their highest priority, nor does it have to be.

princezilla:

--- Quote from: LateNights on July 10, 2017, 06:22:48 AM ---I'd almost boycott it just for using the name CoH 2 - I hate any MMO that's so lacking in creativity that they would simply slap a "2" on the end and call it a day...

But if NC were responsible I'd probably be ok with it; at the end of the day they made a business decision, whether or not it seemed like good sense to us isn't their highest priority, nor does it have to be.

--- End quote ---

If I had to place money on it I'd say they'd probably go with City of Heroes: Rebirth, I just used two as a general indicator of a sequel so everyone would instantly know what it was referring to.

Abraxus:
Depends on a whole lot of variables that we could not know the answer to until such a thing were announced, and information about it published. 

However, I am not opposed to it on pure principle.  In fact, if such a thing were in the works, it would retroactively explain a LOT of things that have had us all irritated, and confused.

Surelle:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version