Author Topic: The 13th Doctor  (Read 1287 times)

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
The 13th Doctor
« on: July 16, 2017, 03:56:23 PM »
Not surprised.  But not a bad choice.  I haven't seen Broadchurch, but heard a lot of acclaim for it.

Should be an interesting season.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: The 13th Doctor
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 05:03:01 PM »
Interesting.  I haven't gotten around to watching Broadchuch, either, but that almost brings us back around to Tennant.

Should be entertaining to see what they do with the character.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

princezilla

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 12:36:32 AM »
Definitely will be new and interesting, though the thing that really is bringing me back to the show is that the finally axed Moffat.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 03:23:56 AM »
It's a joke made real.  Aesthetically it doesn't work for me.  The Doctor is a sort of Space Hobo Time Wizard...  it's not impossible for me to end up liking this version, but right out of the box they've got a lot further to go to convince me this is the Doctor.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 05:17:44 PM »
No idea who (sorry) she is.

Back in the 80's this would have been a bigger deal I think.

Besides they have been leading up to this for white a while - a female Master, a Time Lord General who changed from a white male into a black female, plus a few side comments from the Doctor not remembering if he was a man or a woman in his early life.

I say its less who the actor is and more of how the stories are. Smith and Capaldi were both great Doctors, IMO, however most of the stories under Moffat I thought were meh.

I think Tom Baker said the role is actor proof, I guess we will find out.