Author Topic: A present to the community  (Read 5209 times)

Torroes.Prime

• Lieutenant
A present to the community
« on: July 16, 2017, 11:30:56 PM »
Hey everyone. The video itself pretty much spelled out everything I'm about to say but just in case you want to know what the video actually is before... having the video explain what it... is....  I didn't realize just how meta that actually was until I typed it out. Anyway.
Several years ago I attempted to spear head a community project to write, edit, voice, and produce a City of Heroes Machinima project based on the Shining Stars group. Yeah, remember them? Twin-Shot, Flamebeau, Proton, Dillo and Grym. Yeah we were basing it on them because they seemed like a good low-mid level group of characters with some human qualities and opportunities for comedy. The idea was that we would use demo editing to craft the shots, then export the frames into a video that could then be edited, trimmed, corrected, or whatever else was called for to produce the desired finished footage. The videos would then be synced to the voice overs (voice overs were provided by various CoH players) along with sound effects and music to produce the finished videos.

Well, the project fell apart when things got backed up at creating the demos and ultimately the group drifted apart. Later computer problems lead to me loosing a good deal of the material that had been created for the project. I recently found an old backup of a lot of files form my computers and have been working my way through them. One of the finds was some of the original materials we developed for the project including the recorded audition files. I have set the voice overs I do have to a scrolling shot of the script and added some music to give a glimpse of what the project was going for and I present it back to the single best gaming community I have seen. I present to you, the assembly cut of City of Heroes: Shining Stars "So you want to form a super group huh?"!

(Click on image for video).
Strength and intelligence make no requirement of one another. Power demands both.

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
Re: A present to the community
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 06:12:04 AM »
Wow!! I can't believe I missed this topic (though I rarely bounce this far down the forum topics, so there's that)

I'm sorry you lost my voice files, but I applaud you for putting out what you have for posterity. I think it would have been a heck of a fun series. :)

Lyc~