Author Topic: Paragon not seeing client (Mac)  (Read 4180 times)

blackjak

• Elite Boss
Paragon not seeing client (Mac)
« on: July 17, 2017, 03:51:40 AM »
I recently reinstalled Island Rum and am trying to get into PC. The files are all installed (I can load Icon) however I am getting the "can't find the client" screen after launching PC. Like a few of the posts before me, I have tried to choose the folder as well as typing the path in manually to no avail.

I am on a Macbook Pro and see the C: path as happened with others (as well as Z: which has the usual application files folder, which I have also tried to link the path to with no luck). I have also done the usual restarting/reloading IR as well. Am I missing something somewhere?
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Manga

• Elite Boss
Re: Paragon not seeing client (Mac)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 12:39:57 PM »

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 10:39:12 PM »
 yeah. I saw that fix and tried it after manually picking the file through clicking. Didn't work for me unfortunately. I even tried typing the full path from the z: drive as well (it contains the usual Mac files including applications. It's path leads to the coh. App's  drive_c" folder that has the exe as well).

Does this seem right?
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 03:32:31 AM »

Make sure the cityofheroes.exe isn't part of the path.  Just C:\Program Files\coh by itself.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 12:40:47 PM »
Yep. No go. Just tried again with no luck. Something is off.... :-\

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 03:27:59 AM »

Missing files maybe?  I'm not sure which file paragonchat looks for.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 01:09:27 PM »
I dunno... Here is what is in my folder if it might help:
https://ibb.co/gHgovQ
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 01:15:21 PM by blackjak »

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 02:42:38 PM »
Hmm. I'm running on a PC, but my CoH folder has a "data" folder, which seems to be missing from yours.

data
- texts
- - English
- - - menus
- texture_library
- - MAPS (several subfolders of *.texture files)
- - P_MAPS (several subfolders of *.texture files)
- - V_MAPS (several subfolders of *.texture files)
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 09:54:14 PM »
That's local texture overrides and stuff. "data" in the COH directory is completely ignored by Paragon Chat and not needed.

I'm working on a method to detect if running under wine and force the use of the old Windows XP folder chooser, but it's not ready for testing yet.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 12:27:46 PM »
Hmm. I'm running on a PC, but my CoH folder has a "data" folder, which seems to be missing from yours.

data
- texts
- - English
- - - menus
- texture_library
- - MAPS (several subfolders of *.texture files)
- - P_MAPS (several subfolders of *.texture files)
- - V_MAPS (several subfolders of *.texture files)
Thanks for looking!
That's local texture overrides and stuff. "data" in the COH directory is completely ignored by Paragon Chat and not needed.

I'm working on a method to detect if running under wine and force the use of the old Windows XP folder chooser, but it's not ready for testing yet.
Cool. Let me know when it hits testing and I will gladly guinea pig for it. Until then I will keep plugging away and keep you informed if I make progress.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 12:44:49 PM »
Update:
For some unknown reason it worked today. Absolutely no changes in anything. I just decide to try to log on and it went through this time....

I have no idea what it's doing, but we will see if it continues to catch the right files.

Knightspeed

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 09:35:09 PM »
Having the same issue. None of the files take and when it scans it says I don't have issue 24 even though I installed through Island Rum.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2017, 12:27:41 PM »
Keep trying the one fix of typing C:\Program Files\coh into the field. It may work at some point for you. As for me (and I think another somewhere around here) it just worked normally one day when we fired it up.

Also, it has opened fine 3 or 4 times now so if it does ever catch it looks like it sticks. We will see.

Luck

Knightspeed

• Underling
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2017, 09:55:54 PM »
It started up randomly for me too today. Didn't change a thing. Thanks!

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2017, 12:39:27 PM »
Nice. Very strange though, huh?

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 03:46:36 PM »

Nothing on my end has been updated.  Maybe the ParagonChat launcher did.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2017, 08:44:34 PM »
Not sure. I know I got in on the 25th and Knight's worked on the 26th so an update or file downloading could have been it.