Author Topic: Returning Player  (Read 2080 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Returning Player
« on: July 17, 2017, 01:05:02 PM »
It's not a big return. I mean, if a tree falls in the forest and no one's there...

I must be in the mood to play some CO again because I've had to sit here with the pointer hovered over STO and CO and ask myself.. 'Do I want to continue progressing with all my toons in a game I enjoy... or.... do I want to play some CO'. And CO wins sometimes.

Anyway: here's a 'returning player' experience.

All main toons are nerfed.

Play.

Have fun.

Eventually examine nerfs more closely (with various reactions that are all non-positive).

"oh, a little tiny retcon couldn't hurt..."

Try new power I got to replace the now broken power I had.

New power .... sucks. Try another new power...

Next new power is bugged.

Find new aura that makes up for every previous bad experience due to, wow, what a great aura! I haven't added to this toon's original look in years!

Aura is bugged.

Log off.

Pat monitor.

(referring to CO) "That's my baby".
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Re: Returning Player
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 05:30:41 PM »
We need a like or "Lol" button on these posts.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Returning Player
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 07:47:04 PM »
I am having fun just playing Alurts. Mostly Grabs. I play a toon until it becomes non-discrete and then I switch to another. It's just fun to team and get my action fix.

Last night, I switch to one of my toons with a forced retcon on him since forever. I've been putting it off due to I like him just how he is - even if one of his powers got nerfed to be completely useless to me now. Anyway, we're jumping into battle and all the sudden I notice I have no Ball Lightning.. Ball Lightning happens to be a very convenient power for this toon to have and he uses it nonstop. Well, he used to, when he HAD it..

They swiped one of my powers! To get me to retcon.. I cannot add the power back in until I do a total retcon.

Luckily it was just a short Grab I was doing when I found out and not the Cybermind I was warming up for.

BOO. I just say, BOO. That build wasn't hurting anyone in any way to leave it just like it was.

BOO!

Cheesy move. Cheesy cheese. Ya'all can take yer ball lightning and ... have a ball.

So, there!

And I got another great aura! Bugged, too. But I still like it. It finishes out Deeps's second costume. I never find new pieces for Deeps, so, Hurrah.

So, yeah.. Same story, pretty much. From this returning playa. 6 billion Smashes served! It's Grabs, these days. Just for fast fun that maybe helps out a newb. And I get to check out the *ahem* latest costumes.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>