Author Topic: Geekly tears  (Read 9473 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Geekly tears
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2018, 07:21:40 PM »
she got all coked up.

yay badges!

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 09:25:47 PM »
KenRyan -- yes, we definitely do get-togethers in Paragon Chat.  H.E.R.C. (Hero Event Resources Committee) is a group of players who organize player events throughout the year, from the weekly Thursday night themed Costume Contests (see the "Activities" section of the Paragon Chat forums) to a number of large seasonal events.  You can find information on the 2018 schedule here:
https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12955.msg225921#msg225921

KenRyan

• Underling
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 11:30:56 PM »
Awesome. Thanks!

KenRyan

• Underling
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2018, 12:45:35 PM »
So who is behind Paragon Chat? Is it the original CoH/CoV company/companies (NCSoft/Cryptic, etc.)? Do they even exist?

If it is them, why even bother having this if they aren't going to add back the game play in the future? And if it isn't them, how is it that the environment is exactly the same (IP questions)?

I am completely ignorant of what it takes to program a game and have it live. So I imagine there is an unthinkably massive amount of effort required to take the "game" from Paragon Chat to playable game again? Only the MWM folks (on the city of Titans FB Page) are saying that a huge majority of their effort and resources over the past 6 years has gone to the chargen and world-building. And they say it's going to go MUCH faster from this point because all that is done.

Well then, since THAT part is already taken care of for CoH in Paragon Chat, it would seem they're actually AHEAD of MWM - meaning that if there were any will to gt CoH going again, it could be done in less than a year.

I don't understand, when they own this property, and there are still millions (I'm assuming - by the 800K+ "Likes" on the CoT FB Page) of people willing to lay down $$, they would not follow through.

Very confusing to me. Is there any information available at all that might answer any of these questions? Or am I just another in a long line of ex-players to ask?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2018, 02:04:31 PM »
https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10977.0

sticky FAQ should have all your answers.

KenRyan

• Underling
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2018, 05:31:15 PM »
Wow. Thanks for the link. Just spent like 30 minutes reading it. It's fascinating being in the future to read about "planned" functions like travel powers and badges knowing that they're here!

So most of my questions were answered in that FAQ thread. I now know it's NOT the original company. But from context, I take it NC still has the IP for CoH, based on all the questions about them serving C&Ds, etc. It boggles my mind that if they have no interest in the game such that they shuttered it, that they would hold onto/guard the IP. Why not let someone run with it and at least license it so it can be an actual game again? Oh well.

Thanks again! It's pretty amazing to see how far this has come.

Since the last post in that thread seems to be in 2017, is there a recommended place I should ask questions about PC in future?

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2018, 05:15:13 PM »
That is still the best place to ask questions about Paragon Chat specifically.  Or make a post in the Technical Support area of Paragon Chat if it's something that isn't behaving correctly.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

crystalwaters

• Underling
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2018, 12:41:14 PM »
Finally hopped on for a bit for the first time since...

Failed utterly at the Pocket D ski slopes, visited the tailor over in Imperial City, chatted to a couple of people, reminisced about being ganked by a stalker just as the Warburg rocket was launching...
good memories.