Author Topic: Roleplay  (Read 2474 times)

princezilla

• Boss
Roleplay
« on: July 31, 2017, 10:55:08 PM »
So... Its been almost five years now and I've still yet to find a RP community which was even half as good as CoX's. Has anyone else had better luck, where is everyone getting their RP fix these days?

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
Re: Roleplay
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 10:38:01 AM »
I've mostly given up on RP in MMOs. I think I just have expectations that are too high for what's being offered in most of the communities I've experienced. Even in communities that are touted as quality RP experiences I find it's often little more than people playing house and looking to get sticky with one another.

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 11:14:36 AM »
I haven't found one either. I've seen a few near-misses, but Castegyre has the gist of it for too many. I enjoy playing house now and then too, but sticky is just icky. What I really liked about CoH RP was in-mission RP, interpersonal character development, and extemporaneous collaborative storylines. It's pretty rare out there.

princezilla

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 07:30:21 AM »
I've mostly given up on RP in MMOs. I think I just have expectations that are too high for what's being offered in most of the communities I've experienced. Even in communities that are touted as quality RP experiences I find it's often little more than people playing house and looking to get sticky with one another.
Yeah this has sadly been my experience too.
I haven't found one either. I've seen a few near-misses, but Castegyre has the gist of it for too many. I enjoy playing house now and then too, but sticky is just icky. What I really liked about CoH RP was in-mission RP, interpersonal character development, and extemporaneous collaborative storylines. It's pretty rare out there.
Same CoX had an absolutely amazing RP community on all fronts and I've yet to find any community which was even remotely story driven let alone to the degree CoX was.