Author Topic: Mapserver DC's while standing around or typing text in Paragon Chat?  (Read 2231 times)

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
The last couple of weeks, I've been running into frequent Mapserver Disconnects while Rp'ing in Paragon Chat, which is really just a matter of standing around and typing text. Sometimes it happens repeatedly.  Is this a new bug?

Korbian

Re: Mapserver DC's while standing around or typing text in Paragon Chat?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 02:36:09 PM »
I know a few people have been encountering this issue lately, but according to CW "Mapserver Disconnect" occurs when the CoX client cannot communicate with the XMPP client properly.

Quick correction, 'Lost connection to mapserver' has nothing to do with XMPP. It means that the client can't connect to the Paragon Chat process on your computer. It's purely a local issue -- either Paragon Chat crashed, or something is fighting for resources with it and it can't respond fast enough.

An XMPP disconnect will manifest with everybody else suddenly disappearing and losing access to global channels, along with a system message in the chat window.

If you have other applications running or background processes taking up a lot of memory that's usually the culprit.  Chrome is probably the biggest offender.  PChat itself is a bit of a memory hog, so try closing out of everything that isn't crucial and see if that helps.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
Re: Mapserver DC's while standing around or typing text in Paragon Chat?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 07:33:19 PM »
Turns out for me the problem may just be a wonky wifi router.  I'll just stick to the hardwired connection instead.  :)