Author Topic: Chat not working while inside...?  (Read 2431 times)

Borealys

• Underling
Chat not working while inside...?
« on: August 19, 2017, 12:24:31 PM »
Good morning!

I've gotten Island Rum downloaded, all of the files downloaded and installed, XMPP account created and logged in, I'm in the game etc and everything is going great (THANK YOU to everyone who helped bring this to us. Seriously.) with the exception of a couple of things:

1) I don't see anybody else there. While I understand the place won't be clogged with heroes and such, there doesn't appear to be anyone anywhere that I can see. I'm not in Offline Mode either, so unless people only come on at certain times, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

2) When I try to chat, I get the "message was not sent" chat disconnect error.

Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks in advance :)

bearpounder

• Minion
Re: Chat not working while inside...?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 05:40:10 PM »
Go through your chat log and make sure you didn't get disconnected from the server. I was having connectivity issues with my router communicating to my modem for a while and the connection would drop all the time. Once it drops it doesn't seem to want to re-connect without exiting out to the character select screen and going back in.

That said, I logged in last night and while I am not always very social in there, I did ask what was going on and it seemed like there was only one other person in there, so maybe it was just a quiet time.

lafourminoir

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 06:26:31 AM »
I also have the same problem, nobody in game including ia, and the return to the page of the heros does not work, for the chat I had done some tests and just the group search channel had appeared a msg that j Had sent.

To enter game I do not need mdp

Borealys

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 01:27:45 PM »
This morning I made every exception I could for island rum, wine, etc in my firewall that I could possibly make and I still get Mapserver disconnects and "msg could not be sent".

I still feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Korbian

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 03:08:16 PM »
Not being a Mac user I'm not sure if I can help, but "Mapserver Disconnect" usually occurs when the Paragon Chat client isn't communicating with the CoX client properly.  If you're running other apps or have background processes running that's usually the culprit.  Try closing out of everything else and see if that helps.  Otherwise we may have to wait for the Mac experts.

Borealys

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 03:12:09 PM »
Looks like I figured out (with the help of you all and a few of the forum posts) what the problem was: the XMPP server was wrong. It kept connecting to xmpp.jp by default instead of the chat.cohtitan.com.

Once I switched it over, it started working. I still have the occasional Mapserver (Lvl 50 Lag Monster in Atlas Park!) but I can live with that. I'm just glad to be able to log the heck into the game/server to begin with :)

Thanks for your help folks, I appreciate it!