Paragon Chat > Technical Support

Paragon Chat/Island Rum Mac Installation instructions

(1/6) > >>

Manga:
1.  Download the Wineskin Mac Client.  Put it in a folder like Applications.

2.  Download Island Rum for Mac.  Put that in a folder like Applications as well.

3.  Launch Island Rum, and select the folder containing the Wineskin Mac Client (such as Applications).  Wait for it to finish scanning and downloading.  Multiple scans may be required if some of the file downloads fail.

4.  You can now hit the Play button to launch Paragon Chat!

Nyghtshade:
Does this resolve the problems MAC users have had with loading/running Paragon Chat?

Manga:

--- Quote from: Nyghtshade on September 07, 2017, 07:31:35 PM ---Does this resolve the problems MAC users have had with loading/running Paragon Chat?

--- End quote ---

If you mean the inability to select the path, not really.  That's a separate Paragon Chat fix.

mephron:
This is not working for me. I downloaded them both, installed them both in the Applications folder, ran Island Rum, it downloaded everything. Then I click on the blue triangle, it gets a green checkmark, and.... absolutely zip occurs other than my mac's fan going full blast.

Is there a single, simple, easy to read one-place description of what to do? I've been poking at this on an off for a week and I'm about to AppZapper this and forget about it.

Manga:

--- Quote from: mephron on October 21, 2017, 12:49:00 AM ---Is there a single, simple, easy to read one-place description of what to do? I've been poking at this on an off for a week and I'm about to AppZapper this and forget about it.

--- End quote ---

Right at the top of this thread.  There's a new Island Rum as of tonight (it should auto-update to 102020171) that is more stubborn about downloading the I24 files, and the broken mirrors in the manifest have been cleaned up.  I just tested Paragon Chat before posting this just to make sure, and it did launch.

Make sure to let Paragon Chat itself install in its default location, and then click the gear icon and point it to the "I24 files" (should be something like c:\Program Files\coh).

If you have the whole thing installed in Applications, and you aren't an administrator user, you might have problems.

Beyond that there's only a limited amount of things I can do to help, since I *am* all the Mac tech support there is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version