Author Topic: LARP "battle" in Pchat?  (Read 2992 times)

themichigami

• Underling
LARP "battle" in Pchat?
« on: September 01, 2017, 03:01:22 PM »
I installed the quickchat thing a while ago, and finally got to poking around through all the menus recently.  I have gotten to wondering when looking at the diceroll thing if anyone had ever considered trying to set up a LARP event in chat?  Like gather two teams of a certain amount of players for each side, and use the diceroll for mock combat, and have each person have a set number of "hit points", and a GM picked for each team to help keep track of them.  The people mock-fighting would do a diceroll of the same die size, and the larger number would score a hit, then the winner would reroll for damage, and the loser subtract that many hp. 

With the animations available in the thing it could be pretty interesting, not just people standing around like chesspieces rolling invisible dice.  it would probably take some effort and planning to get something like this going, but I was just wondering if anyone had thought of trying it before?

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
Re: LARP "battle" in Pchat?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 06:03:39 PM »
Wouldn't really call it LARP. It's not Live-Action if it's a video game. But yeah, this is basically what we did on AOL RP or MUDs back in the day. Would probably be cooler with toons.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

themichigami

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 09:21:18 PM »
well it would be live people playing with live people via the computer is what i was thinking, and it kinda fit with the concept from some of the larp events i've seen people run at cons.   I do think it'd be kinda fun to figure out too.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 10:44:54 PM »
All RPing is live people playing with live people. It's only LARP when they use their real bodies.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 01:15:24 AM »
Yes, I've participated in game-dice run RP in Paragon Chat.  If your GM is able to DB Hack and generate villains and minions, there's a certain rush in standing in a mission zone, surrounded by bad guys, even if the combat is dice-roll / text-based rather than game combat.   :)