Author Topic: Fantasy-MMO costume creator?  (Read 2218 times)

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
Fantasy-MMO costume creator?
« on: September 05, 2017, 03:23:12 PM »
Is there a fantasy MMO out there with a costume creator - especially one that gives you broad option as to how your character dresses? I'm afraid that CoX's and CO's examples have spoiled me for the usual "fighters must wear armor; magic-users don't get armor" rigidity that everyone seems to have adopted from the D&D pencil-and-paper game. And all of the fantasy games that I've tried seem pretty much to skip the costume-selection part of the character creator completely, or just let you choose colors, at most.

(What I'd really like to do is to be able to dress an elementalist (fire, ice, lightning) magic-user in something resembling spandex, and so play a "superhero" in a fantasy setting, but I'm not holding my breath on THAT much costume freedom.)
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Re: Fantasy-MMO costume creator?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 04:45:41 AM »
https://www.heroforge.com/

Hero Forge isn't a game, it's a 3d modeling thing. You design your characters, and you can have them 3d printed and shipped to you! You can also just make an account and save a bunch of characters and take screenshots. It's a fairly robust character creator, and there are no (as far as I can tell) gender limited costume pieces or body parts. It has a number of genres, as well as mounts and poses and a lot of other cool stuff.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

cmgangrel

• Elite Boss
Re: Fantasy-MMO costume creator?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 08:44:24 PM »