Author Topic: Flash Season Four  (Read 41318 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Flash Season Four
« on: October 11, 2017, 10:38:38 AM »

Surprisingly much lighter than I expected. :D

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
Re: Flash Season Four
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 10:43:05 AM »
Don't make me frosty... you wouldn't like me when I'm frosty. ;D
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 01:01:36 PM »
Don't make me frosty... you wouldn't like me when I'm frosty. ;D

Actually I would... :D

If the Speed Force is sentient. Which is fairly obvious from previous stories - if it wanted Barry to stay in it, I don't see how it would be fooled by a little red ball that has Barry's DNA or whatever. I would think the Speed Force would be smarter then that.

And I loved that he finally seems to be over all his angst so he could move on and become a better Flash.
Maybe he wont stand around and got shot anymore realizing he could actually move out of the way at super speed.

I saw Cavanagh's name in the opening credits - was disappointed he wasn't there. I thought maybe they would call him for help.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 01:14:18 PM by doc7924 »

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 04:27:34 PM »
No matter how fast he moves, he'll always have a chance to be hit.  There's a soft cap on him.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 09:06:56 PM »
No matter how fast he moves, he'll always have a chance to be hit.  There's a soft cap on him.

Right. But how many times has he just stood there without moving and got shot? Like he forgot he could just move out of the way.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 09:32:00 PM »
Right. But how many times has he just stood there without moving and got shot? Like he forgot he could just move out of the way.

RNGesus works in mysterious ways.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 07:23:29 PM »
Am I the only one who hates Iris now after what she did in the episode? I didn't like it when the season started off with Iris being very emotional and pissed off. That really annoyed me. She was better off dead and I would've been ok with that but, nooooooooooooooooooooo.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 07:35:55 PM »
I was okay with her attitude except for the whole "no, we can't waste time trying to save Barry" thing.  That was just mind boggling.  Unless we find out she's a doppelganger or something.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 07:49:49 PM »
It's not as if these shows have never had a character be stubborn about a completely irrational stance on something before. It's happened like every other episode with someone or other since Smallville.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 09:31:39 PM »
I was okay with her attitude except for the whole "no, we can't waste time trying to save Barry" thing.  That was just mind boggling.  Unless we find out she's a doppelganger or something.

Yeah = that was very odd behavior.

I also have a question about Barry - do we know for a fact it is really him and not some Speed Force duplicate or life form that is trying to take his place?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 12:56:39 PM »
If nothing else, the superspeed feats with the car and grenade were fun.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 07:34:15 PM »
Last night's opening was awesome!
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2017, 10:45:27 PM »
1000x TV sounds like exactly what I need for these shows. Just need to tap into the speedforce more. Really wanted him to say the Walking Dead still drags.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 01:22:28 AM »
If nothing else, the superspeed feats with the car and grenade were fun.

Those are like right out the comic book.

He can do that but still not move out of the way when someone shoots at him. Apparently he also taught Wally this skill as well.

I keep seeing Cavanugh's name in the credits - when is he going to show up?

And Gypsy is awesomely hot.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2017, 04:44:45 AM »
Ok I know you guys are enjoying season 4 so far but, I'm going to rant real quick. I STILL HATE IRIS!!!  Why is CW is pushing relationship dramas all of a sudden? I'm tired of Iris bitching about Barry not being there for her when he was in the stupid Speed Force! And now we're force see Cisco and Gypsy having their relationship drama and I'm pretty sure they're going to push Wally and Jessie Quick relationship later in the season as well... It's the same damn thing with Supergirl season 3. That's why I'm not watching Arrow anymore. Here's a video Josh Macuga was ranting about the same problem I'm having. Watch and see if you understand what I'm talking about he makes a good point.

https://youtu.be/AbK3XnaNRck?t=12m38s

Update: Another slight rant from Josh.

https://youtu.be/C06JiAHW5gM?t=8m26s
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 04:59:42 AM by Dev7on »

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 05:26:07 AM »
Ok I know you guys are enjoying season 4 so far

I still think it's terrible if that helps you. I'm just trying to hate on them slightly less since other people seem to enjoy them.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2017, 06:00:01 AM »
All of a sudden?  Have you not been paying attention to WB/CW over the past couple of decades or so?  Seriously, man.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2017, 06:41:55 AM »
They used to be more about gritty police procedurals like Dawson's Creek.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2017, 02:01:19 PM »
All of a sudden?  Have you not been paying attention to WB/CW over the past couple of decades or so?  Seriously, man.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2017, 05:05:00 PM »
I have to say that my initial reaction to the start of relationship drama on the Flash Ep 2 was  :roll: 

However, I was shocked that eventually the characters (Iris and Gypsy) opened up about what was bothering them (like emotionally mature adults!) and their significant others (Barry and Cisco) accepted the revelation and did their best to make it right.  This was great stuff!  Emotionally mature characters acting like it.  I was very impressed and the more I think about it, the more I'm in disbelief based on how the show was written last season.

The show was light and fun (when Killg%re wasn't killing people) and reminded me of the first season. 

I like that the Thinker is getting scenes at the end of episodes from the start of the season, so we can know a little about what he's capable of and what his goals are.  We don't know why yet, but that's ok.  The villain isn't a complete blank slate and so we can get to know what makes him tick over the season.  As has been stated many times, the best villains don't think they're a villain, so I'm hoping to see what they have in store for the Thinker.

Big improvement over the last two seasons!