Author Topic: Flash Season Four  (Read 41670 times)

CG

• Elite Boss
Re: Flash Season Four
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2017, 09:49:43 PM »
Barry is an idiot.  The rest of the team were being a bit thick, but Barry was just outright stupid.
This is not news.

At least he's less stupid this season than previous seasons (so far no time travel, fr'ex).

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2017, 02:07:22 AM »
The time travel nonsense was, as far as I recall, at least stupidity that had an understandable motive.  Breaking into the assumed villain's house because you found a camera and think he's watching everything without wearing any sort of mask, though...
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2017, 04:56:14 AM »
I don't ever recall it mentioned that Barry and Iris were at that press conference "Wells" gave before he blew up the city. But I could be wrong.

And as convenient as it was for Barry to be drawn away right before "Wells" called out DeVoe, I think Iris was still there. Guess she forgot that someone with the same name they were checking up on was at that press conference.

And we still have no clue as to what he is trying to do exactly. Obviously he is manipulating things for his own goals, but towards what?

He would have been better off seeking help than being some criminal mastermind.

And Barry should really remember to vibrate his face if he is going to do "Flash" things undercover.

And like "Legends", for a super hero show, there is very little super heroing.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2017, 05:00:19 AM »
I'm pretty sure there are names I heard in passing 2 years (weeks... days...) ago that I wouldn't recognize today.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2017, 07:01:22 AM »
Going back to the episode that introduced Ralph: Based on the lack of comments here and in YT reaction videos, I feel like I'm the only one who immediately picked up on the Marvel reference when Caitlin told Ralph, "Your vitals are fantastic."
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2017, 10:29:34 AM »
Going back to the episode that introduced Ralph: Based on the lack of comments here and in YT reaction videos, I feel like I'm the only one who immediately picked up on the Marvel reference when Caitlin told Ralph, "Your vitals are fantastic."

There have been quite a few Marvel ones. But the 'fantastic' one is a good catch as its not obvious like Hulk or Spidey-sense.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2017, 12:21:22 PM »
It's a bit of a stretch, really.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #87 on: November 23, 2017, 04:50:50 PM »
It's a bit of a stretch, really.

Well now you're just pulling my leg.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2017, 10:35:25 PM »
He would have been better off seeking help than being some criminal mastermind.

And Barry should really remember to vibrate his face if he is going to do "Flash" things undercover.

And like "Legends", for a super hero show, there is very little super heroing.

lol you made a very good point. Also, I don't mind The Thinker being a criminal mastermind.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2017, 03:07:35 AM »
The part that bugs me is they already know how to defeat Devoe.  Barry/Savitar told them they came up with a cerebral inhibitor to beat Devoe.  The moment they heard the name Devoe they should have started working on figuring out an inhibitor instead of doing stuff like standard background checks or pointless breaking and entering.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2017, 03:37:32 AM »
The part that bugs me is they already know how to defeat Devoe.  Barry/Savitar told them they came up with a cerebral inhibitor to beat Devoe.  The moment they heard the name Devoe they should have started working on figuring out an inhibitor instead of doing stuff like standard background checks or pointless breaking and entering.

Its pretty well established Team Flash are not the sharpest spoons in the drawer.

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2017, 06:16:21 AM »
The time travel nonsense was, as far as I recall, at least stupidity that had an understandable motive.  Breaking into the assumed villain's house because you found a camera and think he's watching everything without wearing any sort of mask, though...

The trouble with this was that it was an IDIOT PLOT -- Barry acted like an idiot not because he's Barry but because the writer needed him to act like an idiot or the plot the writer had in mind wouldn't work.  As he approached the house, I was yelling at the TV "why wouldn't you be in costume?"  It makes no sense that he wasn't in costume, he was doing Flash stuff -- he has a mask just for when he does that kind of thing.

The point was that if he had done the natural thing that he's always done and would always do, that is wear the Flash suit, then the plot element of them getting a photo of Barry in the house wouldn't work.  So the writer took over Barry's brain and had him act totally out of character and like an idiot for no reason.

This is the challenge of watching Arrowverse shows.  The best you can say is it's better than Smallville.
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2017, 06:18:00 AM »
I think every Arrowverse show has a wheel with all the characters pictures on there that they spin to see who gets to be a moron that week.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2017, 08:12:47 AM »
I think every Arrowverse show has a wheel with all the characters pictures on there that they spin to see who gets to be a moron that week.

Wheel of Moronity turn turn turn...

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2017, 02:02:32 PM »
The trouble with this was that it was an IDIOT PLOT -- Barry acted like an idiot not because he's Barry but because the writer needed him to act like an idiot or the plot the writer had in mind wouldn't work.  As he approached the house, I was yelling at the TV "why wouldn't you be in costume?"  It makes no sense that he wasn't in costume, he was doing Flash stuff -- he has a mask just for when he does that kind of thing.

The point was that if he had done the natural thing that he's always done and would always do, that is wear the Flash suit, then the plot element of them getting a photo of Barry in the house wouldn't work.  So the writer took over Barry's brain and had him act totally out of character and like an idiot for no reason.

This is the challenge of watching Arrowverse shows.  The best you can say is it's better than Smallville.

But they know Barry is the Flash. They could have still faked something to show the Captain and Barry couldn't deny it without revealing he was the Flash to one of the 6 people in Central City that doesn't already know.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2017, 02:33:39 PM »
[...] to one of the 6 people in Central City that doesn't already know.

LOL, so true. Sometimes I wonder why they even bother trying to hide his identity.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2018, 10:19:17 PM »
Trolliest cut to commercial...

Good talk, Ralph.

The whole trial thing is annoying, though.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2018, 01:46:58 AM »
Trolliest cut to commercial...

Good talk, Ralph.

The whole trial thing is annoying, though.

Did I miss something or was there not any discussion by the prosecutor on a motive.
I mean I think most, if not all murders usually have a motive behind them. Did Barry supposedly kill the guy just because it was fun?

And the judge was very annoying too - Barry did nothing, said nothing and kept quiet and calm and yet the judge is talking like he was some manic mass murder serial killer.

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2018, 04:03:17 AM »
He was a 'cop who went bad' and who insisted he had to leave in the middle of his trial so I'm not surprised that the Judge treated him like that when he handed down his sentencing.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2018, 03:42:03 PM »
He was a 'cop who went bad' and who insisted he had to leave in the middle of his trial so I'm not surprised that the Judge treated him like that when he handed down his sentencing.

I was unaware that you could even leave during your own trial, even if on bail.