Author Topic: Flash Season Four  (Read 41331 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Flash Season Four
« Reply #160 on: March 16, 2018, 08:14:32 AM »
The only obvious costume jacket I saw her in was provided by Cisco after she'd had the powers a bit.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #161 on: March 23, 2018, 03:23:17 AM »
I assumed the color was due to her own body chemistry... and cause they thought it would look cool.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2018, 02:42:10 AM »
I keep thinking about "Enter Flashtime", and how nonsensical was Barry's line, "You're my lightning rod, Iris." Generally, we call someone a lightning rod FOR something that they seem to attract. It's pretty much the same as calling them a magnet for something, but "magnet" is used for good situations (like calling a man "a chick magnet"), and "lightning rod" is for bad ones (like "He's a lightning rod for trouble"). How is Iris supposed to be Barry's lightning rod? To me, it just seems like a contrived phrase that the writers used because they had to have SOME way of having Barry say "lightning rod", so as to prompt Iris to come up with the solution. The episode was terrific - except for that one troublesome line.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #163 on: April 11, 2018, 05:24:39 PM »
Jay & Silent Bob?! But...  :o
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #164 on: April 11, 2018, 08:11:31 PM »
DC Comics joke, too.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #165 on: April 12, 2018, 02:39:19 AM »
DC Comics joke, too.

It's a Kevin Smith episode, go figure.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #166 on: April 12, 2018, 07:58:32 PM »
At least he didn't put his daughter in this one.

So I suppose physics don't apply if we're letting Dibney ad lib for lame thematic purposes? They started counting down when Barry was at 10,000 feet, which is plenty high enough that an inflated Dibney covered in pegasus feathers and floating in an unset blancmange would still be pretty well equivalent to steel. And is there some reason a southern accent would come with a body?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 08:10:44 PM by Vee »

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #167 on: April 13, 2018, 08:27:15 PM »
Jay & Silent Bob?! But...  :o

I was perfectly fine with the cameo.  I was far more disturbed by nacho donuts.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #168 on: April 14, 2018, 11:43:59 PM »
They started counting down when Barry was at 10,000 feet, which is plenty high enough that an inflated Dibney covered in pegasus feathers and floating in an unset blancmange would still be pretty well equivalent to steel.

Oh Lord, if you're going to try to use SENSE about this.  How about, why is Barry just fine with zipping through a floating car several hundred feet up and has no trouble landing while carrying somebody but is in mortal danger from falling from 10,000 feet?  Or for that matter, since Barry routinely makes instant right hand turns at super-sonic speeds, why would it cause him any trouble to make a right hand turn from falling towards the ground to running along the ground at a velocity of only a few hundred miles per hour?

The stupid... the stupid... it BURNNNNSSSS
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #169 on: April 15, 2018, 12:20:34 AM »
Well those things require him to be using his powers, which following the usual Superfriends' logic would require him to remember that he has the powers, which in this show usually means Cisco or Caitlyn tell him about his having the power in his ear. In this case they seem to have forgotten too because they were focused on Ralph due to the aforementioned dumb thematic reasons.

But yeah, it BURNNNNSSSS

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #170 on: April 15, 2018, 11:27:00 AM »
Oh Lord, if you're going to try to use SENSE about this.  How about, why is Barry just fine with zipping through a floating car several hundred feet up and has no trouble landing while carrying somebody but is in mortal danger from falling from 10,000 feet?  Or for that matter, since Barry routinely makes instant right hand turns at super-sonic speeds, why would it cause him any trouble to make a right hand turn from falling towards the ground to running along the ground at a velocity of only a few hundred miles per hour?

The stupid... the stupid... it BURNNNNSSSS

Not only that - in the comics he has fallen like this many times and usually rotates his hands to make an air cushion to slow his descent.

And as someone said, falling from that height even onto a rubber Ralph should still make him go splat.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2018, 10:44:54 PM »
Not only that - in the comics he has fallen like this many times and usually rotates his hands to make an air cushion to slow his descent.

And as someone said, falling from that height even onto a rubber Ralph should still make him go splat.

Exactly!  >:(

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #172 on: April 17, 2018, 03:17:32 AM »
If he had just hit Ralph then of course he would have splattered.  And yes Barry was in no danger at all since he could create vortexes, or vibrate, or come up with any other number of ways to survive.  And that was deliberate.

Ralph was still not confident in his abilities at all. Instead of trying something like stretching more than just his arm when he couldn't reach Barry he had completely given up and was whining to the others to help.  So Barry pretended he was terrified and asked Ralph to help him.  Barry didn't come up with a plan or ask any of his usual go to guys for a solution, he said  "Let Ralph improvise" "Be your own hero".

No matter what happened he would have been able to get himself down but his goal was to boost Ralph's confidence by letting him save the day.  Then when he fell he just slowed himself down to the point that impacting on Ralph wouldn't hurt him.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #173 on: April 17, 2018, 02:41:59 PM »
I was perfectly fine with the cameo.  I was far more disturbed by nacho donuts.
Yeah, I wasn't complaining about Jay & Silent Bob, just flooded with all sorts of questions... like who the heck would hire these bozos.

Nacho Donuts are actually a thing! And Danny Trejo is serving 'em up!
http://www.foodandwine.com/news/danny-trejos-new-cafe-serves-nacho-flavored-doughnuts

There are savoury donuts (any fried dough is basically a donut), so they're not necessarily sweet, but even sweet and salty go well together. I've seen mushroom-filled beignets with cheese dip, bacon churros with powdered cheese, camembert & chive donuts, mac & cheese donuts, donut cheeseburgers... Here in New Orleans, we even have seafood donuts (some with cheese).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 03:00:02 PM by MyriVerse »
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #174 on: April 17, 2018, 04:33:34 PM »
I've had kolaches, so the concept isn't entirely bizarre, I suppose, it just blind side tackled me.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #175 on: April 17, 2018, 08:16:45 PM »
I think once the fast food industry decided to make flavored chip salt a coating for pretty much anything all bets were off.

Also pretty sure Mandu's finally crossed that fine line from generous reader to wild-eyed fanboi :P

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #176 on: April 17, 2018, 09:06:57 PM »
Nacho Donuts are actually a thing! And Danny Trejo is serving 'em up!
http://www.foodandwine.com/news/danny-trejos-new-cafe-serves-nacho-flavored-doughnuts

There are savoury donuts (any fried dough is basically a donut), so they're not necessarily sweet, but even sweet and salty go well together. I've seen mushroom-filled beignets with cheese dip, bacon churros with powdered cheese, camembert & chive donuts, mac & cheese donuts, donut cheeseburgers... Here in New Orleans, we even have seafood donuts (some with cheese).

I learn something new everyday........

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #177 on: April 17, 2018, 09:23:22 PM »
If he had just hit Ralph then of course he would have splattered.  And yes Barry was in no danger at all since he could create vortexes, or vibrate, or come up with any other number of ways to survive.  And that was deliberate.

Ralph was still not confident in his abilities at all. Instead of trying something like stretching more than just his arm when he couldn't reach Barry he had completely given up and was whining to the others to help.  So Barry pretended he was terrified and asked Ralph to help him.  Barry didn't come up with a plan or ask any of his usual go to guys for a solution, he said  "Let Ralph improvise" "Be your own hero".

No matter what happened he would have been able to get himself down but his goal was to boost Ralph's confidence by letting him save the day.  Then when he fell he just slowed himself down to the point that impacting on Ralph wouldn't hurt him.

Or Barry just panicked and forgot he has super speed, again.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 01:01:50 AM by doc7924 »

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #178 on: April 18, 2018, 01:06:26 AM »
Well this last episode was really upsetting.
And usually I don't get like that just from watching a show.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Damn - he got Ralph. The other metas didn't really matter much since we didn't know them for more then the one episode. But Ralph hurt.

I just hope they pull some comic booky thing out of thin air that since Ralph was the last host they can somehow get him back.

And as for next week - I guess that Snart must be the one from Earth 10. Unless Barry time travels again.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #179 on: April 18, 2018, 02:25:17 AM »
Didn't occur to me that the new ep aired already so i read the spoiler. Now actually kinda looking forward to it.