Author Topic: Flash Season Four  (Read 41328 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: Flash Season Four
« Reply #220 on: May 18, 2018, 02:30:56 PM »
If I remember correctly, Peter only got to keep one power at a time and he had to absorb a new power from someone else to change it.  DeVoe gets to keep the old powers when he absorbs a new one.

The second time he got powers, yes.

Originally he was able to get anyone's powers he was near and keep them, like Sylar, except less messy. So he had multiple powers.

Then in season 3 his father took away his power and he lost all of them, and his father got all the powers he absorbed the last two years.

He then used an injection that was to give ordinary people powers and he sort of got his back except he was limited to one at a time.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #221 on: May 23, 2018, 03:51:09 PM »
Good thing they kept Cecile from delivering long enough for her water to break.   ???

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #222 on: May 23, 2018, 04:47:47 PM »
I suspect that Iris is pregnant.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Nora said that she'd made a "big, big mistake". I think that she wasn't supposed to help Barry - that he originally died defending the city against the satellite. But Nora changed her past, so that she could have her father alive - "like father, like daughter". And, if Barry was supposed to die that night, then Iris must already be carrying Nora.

Mazel tov!
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #223 on: May 23, 2018, 10:10:04 PM »
So your telling me.... that Barry didn't have to go inside DeVoe's mind to find the good side of him to figure out how to stop the Enlightenment. Also, Barry had PLENTY of time to run into the portal to get out. All team Flash had to do is to ask Marlize to turn it off?! WHAT?! I also find this dumb because why would you go inside The Thinker's mind knowing he has supernatural intelligence. Even DeVoe acknowledged it himself which gave him information about the Speed Force. Stupid.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 10:30:10 PM by Dev7on »

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #224 on: May 24, 2018, 01:17:56 PM »
I think my favourite part of all that was Joe resisting the Thinker's control, and the latter's how-dare-you-mere-mortal reaction.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #225 on: May 26, 2018, 03:02:02 AM »
My guess.  The mistake she made is not that Barry was supposed to die but the baby was. Since it was being used as a conduit to Devoe's mind he imprinted his engrams on her.  When she grows up she will become The Thinker mk2.  Next season the team will travel forward in time to free young Jenna from the control of Devoe.

My reason for this guess is primarily because in that first shot of the baby she just stared directly into the camera with those huge dark eyes and they chose to linger on that shot.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #226 on: May 26, 2018, 03:47:38 PM »
My guess.  The mistake she made is not that Barry was supposed to die but the baby was. Since it was being used as a conduit to Devoe's mind he imprinted his engrams on her.  When she grows up she will become The Thinker mk2.  Next season the team will travel forward in time to free young Jenna from the control of Devoe.

My reason for this guess is primarily because in that first shot of the baby she just stared directly into the camera with those huge dark eyes and they chose to linger on that shot.

Or....because it was a cute baby.

But I agree something will be up with that baby in the future.

And if all they had to do was get Ralph to that swirly orange thing - why didn't they just run into it right away like they did after the 17 fights with all the DeVoes?

Just to have their "Matrix" moment I guess.

And what happened to all the powers DeVoe had? Sure Ralph took control of the body back but it still has all the dark matter from the 11 other meta humans.

I wonder what Harry we get next season.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #227 on: May 26, 2018, 04:38:00 PM »

I wonder what Harry we get next season.

The Harry whose consciousness has been transferred into Beebo!
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #228 on: May 26, 2018, 04:40:01 PM »
The Harry whose consciousness has been transferred into Beebo!

Council of Beebo transferred Harries.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #229 on: May 26, 2018, 04:59:21 PM »
Council of Beebo transferred Harries.

The more they go into it I am sure Harry is like a Doctor Who lite.

Same actor but slightly different appearance and big personality differences, but all the same person really.

And a brilliant actor to pull it off.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #230 on: June 10, 2018, 03:26:51 AM »
An odd feeling hit me while I was rewatching the season finale. Obviously, the color palette is way off, but something visual about the sequence inside DeVoe's mind keeps reminding me of being inside the magic painting in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - an artificial version of reality, I guess.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.