Author Topic: Legends of Tomorrow Season 3  (Read 19729 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Legends of Tomorrow Season 3
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2017, 03:57:28 PM »
I think it was more a let's capitalize on stranger things and disguise it as a more blatant ripoff of ET kind of thing.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2017, 04:50:43 PM »
I think it was more a let's capitalize on stranger things and disguise it as a more blatant ripoff of ET kind of thing.

Does Warner have rights to ET? I mean that was rather blatant. And the Deloran reference? Both were Universal Films I think.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2017, 09:53:01 PM »
What show did Mick say he loved?  I missed that one word, and unfortunately the CC hasn't been working on the CW app for me this season.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2017, 10:51:33 PM »
Fiddler on the roof, I think.
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2017, 11:40:02 PM »
Yup.  Fiddler.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2017, 10:39:16 PM »
I admit I couldn't stop laughing/smiling at that comment.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2017, 11:03:17 PM »
I admit I couldn't stop laughing/smiling at that comment.

He is very cultured - Fiddler and now Dracula.

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2017, 12:46:40 AM »
Could you ever imagine saying that about Rory when he first appeared in Flash? The most likable character in the entire Arrowverse Franchise..is the Arsonist who burnt down his family's home.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2017, 02:07:45 AM »
Could you ever imagine saying that about Rory when he first appeared in Flash? The most likable character in the entire Arrowverse Franchise..is the Arsonist who burnt down his family's home.

Certainly my favorite out of the bunch. They really made him a great character to stand on his own, without Cold.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2017, 04:38:46 PM »
I'm the Fasssslh.!!!!!!!!!!! <belch>

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2017, 05:11:59 AM »
If they don't use that bit as the opening for the next episode the entire writing staff needs to be yelled.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2017, 02:48:29 PM »
Another fun episode. Though a slight lack of Mick this week.

I only know about Damien from what I see here, don't watch Arrow. He didn't always have those powers right? and I am also confused which version of him this is.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2017, 06:40:37 PM »
He was magic in Arrow, then lost it, then got it back, then died. Just go with it.

Y'know i'm willing to look past Helen of Troy speaking English but somehow the obvious plastic surgery's a bigger ask.

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2017, 09:30:08 PM »
Another fun episode. Though a slight lack of Mick this week.

I only know about Damien from what I see here, don't watch Arrow. He didn't always have those powers right? and I am also confused which version of him this is.

He introduced Magic to Arrowverse, but that as a concept was generally ignored (outside of flashbacks) to waste our time with Oliver and Felicity relationship garbage.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2017, 07:22:53 AM »
'Sorry Jackson, I haven't been working on our separation because i've been too busy teaching the last few hundred years of physics to some people so they can maybe help me. oh and also english.'

Did i miss them dealing with the 800 lb gorilla in the room which was how exactly the 800 lb gorilla got to 1967 in the first place?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2017, 08:05:49 AM »
Other than the running explanation of many of the anachronisms - being leftover damage from when they fractured time?
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2017, 08:54:53 AM »
That's not really much of an explanation, so yes? Even if it's just that a rift just happens to open up in front of all these plot-stimulating primates. Helen they gave an explanation. Caesar iirc came through a rift. But really it's getting to the point where the series is going to have to end with the revelation that they've all been asleep on a Dominator ship since the invasion.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2017, 10:49:49 AM »
Caesar had to be explained because it got the anachronism ball rolling.  Helen only needed an explanation because it wasn't the default reason.  Anything that doesn't get specifically explained can safely be assumed to have the default reason.  Until the shadow figure reveals that they've been behind it all along, anyway.  Basically, it's not important how he got there unless/until it's important how he got there.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2017, 02:22:45 PM »
OK, so we're just gonna keep it hovering on the explanation scale just slightly north of the professor's helmet that let Batman & Robin time travel and well south of Mr. Peabody.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2017, 05:59:28 PM »
I'd put it in about the same place as the question of whether people ever pee in TNG - never explicitly addressed, but there are very safe assumptions to be made and it's not particularly important.