Author Topic: Blood Moooooon  (Read 2135 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Blood Moooooon
« on: October 13, 2017, 06:55:28 PM »
OK so.... Been in the mood to play but haven't logged in for awhile due to I've been playing STO. Go to log in today finally and see Blood Moon! It's been so long since I've been active in CO, my first reaction was an excited (I'm easy..) 'Oh SH!' - before I could complete the syllable, though, my recall circuits shoved all those fond Blood Moon moments aside and brought out pics of I can't solo bosses without it being a big pain in the ass anymore.

Having said all that....!

This formerly was by far my most favorite Event and for tradition's sake I would like to announce its arrival! *ahem* yesterday.

Arrrewwwwwwwww! Blood Mooooooooon!

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
Re: Blood Moooooon
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 08:04:25 PM »
It's a neat little holiday event, but that's it. All the little missions are basically the same thing. I think a group I was in knocked out about 5-6 of them in an hour. But then it gets like Pokemon-- gotta get all the body parts to create your action figures.

Goin' werewolf hunting today.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 08:28:15 PM »
The Winter Event is almost creepier than Blood Moon. That twisted Christmas music on the way to the Toy Soldier fight.. Over and over and over again.. Due to I like that fight. So I run the queue a lot. I forget what the queue is called..

Another excellent event Splash Screen! It got an 'ohhhhh' out of me at first sight. Made me want to flip open a comic and read. The latest splash screens have had really nice art.

I used to really like Blood Moon because .... it's kinda the only time anything decent actually just drops from a mob. Like in the good ol' days before we bought all our loot and had to instead try and tear it off the mob's back. The bosses were already hard enough for the now not so impressive loot. And generally there was never enough people at the spawn points to even SOLO them all... so, why change what's unbroken.  Before, it was worthwhile to start a boss fight and hope someone joined in to make things a lot easier. Now, it's just not the same.

Kinda looking forward to that Winter Event fight, now. BLACK HARLEQUIN! Ha.. Err I think? hehe. My memory was never my strong point and I see no chance of it improving with my equipment and our current technology. I saw someone grow their hair back by taking a pill though, so, hey, ya never know. Never thought I'd see that either.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

SoulTrain

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 04:38:20 PM »
OK, so, I ... haven't been playing CO this whole time.  (...what?)  So I log in, see the Blood Moon event is live... aaaaaand promptly get my lowbie butt kicked.

Is it too much to ask to SCALE THE LEVEL to match the hero?  I mean, come on, people...!
Sure, it's me, sugah. Would anyone else want to impersonate a fictional retro-70's black superheroine?