Author Topic: Catch me up?  (Read 4147 times)

ag88t88

• Lieutenant
  • Ice_Wall
Catch me up?
« on: October 18, 2017, 04:49:14 AM »
Hello my fellow heroes, it's been far too long.

I started playing CoH on October 10, 2005, and I fell in love with the game like I haven't with any MMO before or since.  I played until the servers closed down and I still remember when Virtue went offline.  I probably met some of you at the Hero Cons and Meet N' Greets and I had the good fortune of being a part of the Focus Group that tested the CoH Freedom in the Paragon offices before it went live.   I loved this game.

I had a hard time letting go of this one. When they announced it was shutting down I had a hard time playing because I knew it was going away, and yet I didn't want to stop playing and after it shut down, I tried to stay up on what was going on. I tried to stay plugged into Valiance and Titan and Project Atlas and Icon\Paragon Chat, but honestly, it was just a little too bittersweet.   So I stepped away for a while and focused on other things in my life. 

But I just passed the 12 year anniversary of downloading and starting this game, and as I poked around on here, I'm seeing that some things have chanced, that some of these projects have progressed, and I'm genuinely excited to see that.

So I was hoping some of you guys might catch me up, give me the short version of where things are at.  Looks like Paragon Chat has connectivity now, and active powers?  Events?!  Is there combat? 

Also, how are Valiance and Titan coming along?  I haven't checked the Facebook statuses yet, but is it time to start looking into those?

Also, just writing this is making happy, this was always a great community and just seeing that it's still here, still going, I almost forgot how much I missed this. 

Thanks guys!

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
Re: Catch me up?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 05:26:19 AM »
We ain't got the game back.

I don't wear pants.

Paragon Chat doesn't have combat.

Paragon Chat has travel and temporary powers.

During events, we get target powers like snowball, flying disc and rock.

We can team!

We can't kill, train, level, get influence, or slot powers.

They can make "missions" where you look at the bio of a NPC, but they seem more work than fun.

Did I mention that I don't wear pants?

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 01:12:36 AM »
ag88t88,

Check the Welcome page at: www.pchat.life

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 02:07:22 AM »

Also, how are Valiance and Titan coming along?  I haven't checked the Facebook statuses yet, but is it time to start looking into those?

There's also a new player on the "spiritual successor" front -- Ship of Heroes (premise is they're all on a giant spaceship -- like in the Doctor Who Season finale)  It appears to be booking right along with some really impressive and fast results.  Not in Alpha yet, but close.
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 03:03:52 PM »
Paragon Chat has travel and temporary powers.

During events, we get target powers like snowball, flying disc and rock.
Just wanted to make it clear that we can get permanent Snowball and Flying Disc powers "out of season," as well, by trading gifts for candy canes and selling the candy canes to the Candy Keeper in the Ski Chalet.

A couple of the other Holiday powers are permanent, as well: Toy Bat and the LKT Rocket Pack.

And we recently got a few Peacebringer/Warshade exclusive powers.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Doc Artz

• Lieutenant
  • Infinity, SG leader of The Moon Dragons
    • Behance
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 09:41:33 PM »
Doc Artz

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 02:31:29 AM »
Doc Artz didn't mention this, but I want to make something clear to new readers as this has come up as a frequently asked question, City of Titans is not produced by Titan Network.  Also, neither are Valiance Online, Ship of Heroes, or Heroes and Villains, and Atlas Park Revisited. These are all collectively known as "Plan Z" projects.  (Make a spiritual successor to City of Heroes.)  All five of which are staffed and/or spearheaded by ex-City of Heroes players.

Except for Valiance's Alpha (which is live now), all the dates below are SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

City of Titans by Missing Worlds Media
Missing Worlds Media has an estimate of Fall 2018 of when City of Titans will go into Beta. 

Valiance Online by Silver Helm Studios
Valiance Online, made by SHOGN (Silver Helm Online Gaming Network), is in "Investor's Alpha" now. If you donate to them now, you can start trying the alpha version of their game today.  Public Beta (no donation required) will be after this stage, most likely first half of 2018.

Ship of Heroes by Heroic Games
Ship of Heroes has Beta Testing in December 2018.  This was announced at PAX West 2017 back in September.

Heroes & Villains/Atlas Park Revisited
There is currently no info on either of these projects concerning when they are going to Beta.  Then again, I haven't been able to follow them as closely as I'd like to.  Heroes and Villains has no release estimates on their public website, and Golden Girl indicated the same recently on here.  Atlas Park Revisited has been quieter than usual, mainly due to the Master x Master news earlier in the year.

... so in short, there is an excellent chance of Plan Z producing some fruit next year.  If all three of the above games that intend to go to beta stay on schedule, this is potentially a good time to be a Superhero MMO fan.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:12:03 AM by Tahquitz »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Youbseep

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 10:06:57 AM »
 8)HEY THERE