Author Topic: What malware is this?  (Read 4515 times)

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
What malware is this?
« on: October 18, 2017, 02:34:34 PM »
?Has anyone seen this before? The last time I noticed spurious activity like this, I thought a neighbor was playing pranks on me, and increased the security of my insecure wireless a bit. But there isn't actually any network activity I can detect. Any server that I'm running is liable to get scanned with fairly pointless requests at roughly the same time each day. The IP in the logs is almost always one assigned to my own computer, and not another on my network. There doesn't have to be any connection to the Internet or wireless, and Ethereal doesn't capture anything matching the logs. Avast and Spybot Search&Destroy don't find anything wrong on my computer.

Apache sometimes gets asked for something like "Nice ports,/ Trinity.txt.bak" except with several characters replaced by HTML entities.

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
Re: What malware is this?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 02:39:45 PM »
My picture isn't showing but it was supposed to be a Filezilla server window showing my computer's IP connecting without logging in, and asking for supported features, then trying to log in as "admin" or "Admin"

puffdubin

• Underling
Re: What malware is this?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 10:14:24 AM »
Sorry mate. I don't have better idea on this.