Author Topic: Atlas Park - Crashing (UPDATED)  (Read 3068 times)

InfamousBreach

• Underling
  • Average income does not equal average lifestyle.
Atlas Park - Crashing (UPDATED)
« on: October 20, 2017, 12:16:06 AM »
So I logged into PC for a Cape Show around 5:30 EST and when the show ended around 7:00 EST I logged to Character Select. I then picked one of my other characters who was already in AP and the client crashed to login. I figured it was a hiccup so I tried again, but it did the same thing. I logged in to my other character who was in AP and it worked fine. So I deleted the character with the issue, and remade her, but still it crashes to login. I have also tried verifying files, and a complete re-install. Nothing is working.

UPDATE: So on a whim I lowered the resolution,  changed the mode to full screen, and dropped the graphics quality to minimum and I was able to log in. I do not understand why not being in full screen would cause login issues, but perhaps it is something that can be looked into and fixed? Since I changed three things, I do not know if the issue was the resolution, mode, or the graphics quality. However, it has to be one of them, or a combination.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:26:49 AM by InfamousBreach »
1) Character Akiko Inoue (FKA Damiana Vorhees)
Alias: Municipal/Muni
Affiliation: Justice Girls - Virtue
2) Character: Alcmene Stormshroud
Affiliation: Kindred Nocturnis - Virtue

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
Re: Atlas Park - Crashing (UPDATED)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 05:24:06 AM »
You need a new PC.
It's just that simple.

Beans and rice until you saved up eoungh to purchase a new rig.

InfamousBreach

• Underling
  • Average income does not equal average lifestyle.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 12:22:35 AM »
Unlikely. This is a brand new PC. Like, I literally purchased it last year around this time. If anything, Paragon Chat is not up to par with current systems and is unable to cleanly run certain things if they are set certain ways. Do not get me wrong. I love Paragon Chat and I am very thankful that it was created. I am just slightly livid at the fact I am having issues like this.
1) Character Akiko Inoue (FKA Damiana Vorhees)
Alias: Municipal/Muni
Affiliation: Justice Girls - Virtue
2) Character: Alcmene Stormshroud
Affiliation: Kindred Nocturnis - Virtue

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 12:53:10 PM »

willwall

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 08:45:53 PM »
I'm having the same issue with my desktop, tried to recreate a new character in an attempt to solve it. I did get in the Outbreak area before the game crashed. When I went back into the character select, the recreated character was not saved. Yet when I try to make him again, it wont let me use the same name. It claims that its already taken. How?

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 03:31:32 PM »
I'm having the same issue with my desktop, tried to recreate a new character in an attempt to solve it. I did get in the Outbreak area before the game crashed. When I went back into the character select, the recreated character was not saved. Yet when I try to make him again, it wont let me use the same name. It claims that its already taken. How?
Likely that a database record was created using that name, but without sufficient data to be listed as a character.

Can you delete the character name? From the Character Select screen, choose that red button at the top. Type in the character name and see what happens. If it allows you to delete the character, then try recreating it.

Otherwise, you could do some database hacking if you're skilled enough. There are other threads on the boards that go into database shenanigans.

As a last option, reinstall, but you would lose the data of other characters, unless you back it up.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 04:46:53 AM »
I noticed tonight that on several occasions I got the Mapserver DC message and things froze up.  I re-started and got it working again, but thought I should mention it.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 07:20:37 PM »
Happened again just now, approx. 1:13 -1:14 pm Central time.   Seems to happen just after logging in and my character appears in game.  For a second it seems like everything fine, then I get the "Mapserver Disconnected" message and everything freezes.   Sometimes it freezes after I try to zone to a new map, but sometimes it just freezes as I'm standing there in the current one.

Usually when I exit Paragon Chat and then log back in, it works the 2nd time. 

I'm on my desktop PC, which has worked fine with Paragon Chat up till now.  Any idea what could be causing this?

lunawisp

• Minion
    • lunawisp - general gaming blog!
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 07:51:20 PM »
I've found that if I try moving or doing anything with my character within about 5 seconds or so or logging in or zoning into a new map I always get a mapserver error. If I wait a while after zoning, I'm usually ok.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes, she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2018, 01:14:11 AM »
I've found that if I try moving or doing anything with my character within about 5 seconds or so or logging in or zoning into a new map I always get a mapserver error. If I wait a while after zoning, I'm usually ok.

Good to know.  Thanks.