Author Topic: Suggestion: Sample/Tutorial folder be added to mids  (Read 6873 times)

Donut

• Underling
Suggestion: Sample/Tutorial folder be added to mids
« on: June 03, 2008, 10:48:05 PM »
What: I think most programs have a sample or general idea. I think mids is ready to have one of it's own, if not to be more  complete; to help those who may only play one or several job types move on to others more smoothly with "Mid's examples".

How: when it creates the save folder it will also create a second Tutorial folder with one or many member submitted ideas of good general builds for various job types.

Why: Beyond the general need for more ideas, it is easy for ppl to get distracted from what they need by what they want. So I say it's important to have a good place to start from or a generic example for where you can go and what it would be directed towards.

Example:

Bane is like a brute/stalker it's toxic is strong so for patron you may go Leviathan

Sample Bane Build Example

Dude this is sweet, Arachnos was so happy with me , they gave me my own color armor, it's lightish red.

Mids

• Elite Boss
Re: Suggestion: Sample/Tutorial folder be added to mids
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 07:47:16 AM »
I'm tempted by this idea. While there's a huge number of possibilities, and a build that works for one person may not work for another, a few samples probably wouldn't hurt. Perhaps I can collate a few from the build discussion part of these forums to include as general examples.
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Cannonfodder

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 02:02:51 AM »
Heck, link back to the COH Planner website onto the 'browse builds' page and let them import or view other builds from that interface.

Especially useful if you ever include a feature like "Upload build to COH Planner website"

--Jason
--Jason
@Cannonfodder
Victory:  Cannonfodder 50 Inv/SS
Virtue:  Pravda 50 Bots/FF
The Hall of Justice/The Hall of Doom /chanjoin "Victory Badges" /chanjoin "Virtue Badges"

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 12:41:14 PM »
Heck, link back to the COH Planner website onto the 'browse builds' page and let them import or view other builds from that interface.

Especially useful if you ever include a feature like "Upload build to COH Planner website"

--Jason

This is definitely already in the cards :)

Donut

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 01:59:45 AM »
Woot making a suggestion enough times and it might happen.. :D awesome..

hope to see my veat build on builder soon already lv 50 with donut and making two stalkers and 1 widow atm..

Eagerly waiting to see what build types would be included with mid's all good I know. again I retreat to my cave of solitude where I wait for i12 Mid's the awesome'est game of them all..

Dude this is sweet, Arachnos was so happy with me , they gave me my own color armor, it's lightish red.