Author Topic: Island Rum Beta Now Testing (Mac, Windows, Linux)  (Read 2532 times)

Manga

• Elite Boss
Island Rum Beta Now Testing (Mac, Windows, Linux)
« on: November 04, 2017, 09:00:34 PM »
The new Island Rum is now beta testing!

In order to participate, you're going to need to download the Beta for your platform:

Mac
Windows
Linux

Please post any results to this thread.  The beta will continue until all high-priority issues are fixed.

What was fixed in the beta:

- Island Rum now handles its list of mirrors better.
 - (Mac only) The "detect GPU" method of Wineskin is now switched off at first CoH launch, it was causing the app not to launch on Mac Minis.
 - HTTP request identity now conforms to specs.
 - UI partially re-done.
 - New Open dialog is easier to use.
 - IR is better at figuring out where your CoH application is relative to the folder you chose.
 - Errors while self-updating are handled better now.
 - If Island Rum encounters an unrecoverable error while self-updating (i.e. if the update site is down) it will continue on with the manifest/patching/etc.
 - Error handling for manifests is greatly improved now.
 - If Island Rum cannot reach the manifest for some reason, it will use a cached copy.
 - Known issue: Changing the manifest to one that is inaccessible will cause the wrong cached manifest to be fetched - it can only do one at a time.
 - There is a new option for Island Rum to auto-quit after launching the game.  It does not do so by default.

Outstanding issues:

- Web browser plugin removed.  First it was causing problems with Windows, then crashing IR for Mac and preventing Linux builds.
 - The current fixes don't yet address graphics problems reported in High Sierra, except by accident maybe.  These turned out to be with Cider.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 07:43:05 AM by Manga »

AngelFireAKAL

• Underling
Re: Island Rum Beta Now Testing (Mac, Windows, Linux)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 12:01:45 AM »
Is this the same Beta test for Mac that launched last week? I've been running that and its been working quite well.

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 03:20:45 AM »
Is this the same Beta test for Mac that launched last week? I've been running that and its been working quite well.

New version.

AngelFireAKAL

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 07:32:53 AM »
Current Mac Beta Test seems to be working fine on my Mac. No issues yet.