Author Topic: the Best MMO ever.  (Read 3048 times)

petertohen

• Underling
the Best MMO ever.
« on: November 11, 2017, 04:39:21 AM »
Wow long time away, still the Best MMO ever. I miss the days of PVP and pulling thousands of werewolf's into a Dumpster.We had Wildstar as our Guild leader,the guy just worked so hard to have a Great Guild.I had a toon for every situation,The Cab, Sliverslash, Cucaracha,Major Arson, who lead the leader boards in most Kills and heals (love the fire pets).
Miss the Game and the community was second to none.
https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
The Cab.
 8) 8)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: the Best MMO ever.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 01:29:06 AM »
I started just a couple  months after the game launched - before even issue 1. There were SO many changes over the years, but always a fun game.

I lost hours and hours and hours a day playing this and still think about it every day and how all the other MMO's I tried like DCU and Marvel and CO never come close to the enjoyment I had in COH for 8 years.

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 04:45:58 AM »
True story.

*raises a glass, and a torch*

Lyc~

lunawisp

• Minion
    • lunawisp - general gaming blog!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 01:18:55 PM »
I couldn't agree more. Think we all miss CoH. Of course it can't hold a candle to modern MMO's in terms of graphics and such things but all the modern ones have something important missing, their community spirit is sadly lacking. I've tried nearly all of them, at least the ones that come with a Y axis invert - some Asian devs refuse to accept there's a need for it for some unknown reason - looking at you Korea!

Having said that about the graphics, if you're on a modern machine, when you log in to Paragon Chat, try Ultra settings on the graphics - the place looks amazing for such an old game!
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes, she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 02:38:39 PM »
I couldn't agree more. Think we all miss CoH. Of course it can't hold a candle to modern MMO's in terms of graphics and such things but all the modern ones have something important missing, their community spirit is sadly lacking.

I always read that CoH graphics were lacking... But, I couldn't disagree more.  I think the CoH graphics still blow away any other game I've played since.  They were just the right blend of realistic and comic-booky. 

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 05:44:57 PM »
I couldn't agree more. Think we all miss CoH. Of course it can't hold a candle to modern MMO's in terms of graphics and such things but all the modern ones have something important missing, their community spirit is sadly lacking. I've tried nearly all of them, at least the ones that come with a Y axis invert - some Asian devs refuse to accept there's a need for it for some unknown reason - looking at you Korea!

Having said that about the graphics, if you're on a modern machine, when you log in to Paragon Chat, try Ultra settings on the graphics - the place looks amazing for such an old game!

Graphics, Smaphics.   I still play PC games that are like 10 years old or more because they are good games that I enjoy playing.

I really still don't get why they wont just sell the game to someone else and let them run it. If its a dead horse for them and they would at least make something off of it.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 04:00:33 AM »
I remember people in game wanting articulated fingers, as if that was going to make the game better.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 10:16:46 PM »
I remember people in game wanting articulated fingers, as if that was going to make the game better.

I don't think there are that many people here that would complain if the game came back on line just the way it was when it went off.

And I am sure we have all played many games that had superb graphics and detail and were crap.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 02:07:50 AM »
I don't mind the "mitten" hands one bit.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2017, 05:06:44 PM »
I don't mind the "mitten" hands one bit.

Well you know the saying - Once mitten, twice shy