Author Topic: Punisher  (Read 2118 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Punisher
« on: November 18, 2017, 04:39:06 AM »
Entertaining through 5 eps, though there are some plot issues
Spoiler for Hidden:
like why Micro seems to be the only one with a drone.
and a lot feels like retread, though that's to be expected after the majillion military/spy/etc stuff over the years. A bit slow at times. Liking it so far at least.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 06:30:35 AM by Vee »

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Punisher
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 06:31:33 AM »
I'm just two or maybe three episodes in, but so far it's moving very slowly.  Frank's flashbacks have been frequent enough to be mildly annoying, but at least they're not telling a full on parallel story.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 06:43:18 AM »
You mean you haven't gotten to Frank's time on Lian Yu yet?

Yeah I probably should just stop saying things are 'a bit slow' when I'm watching it at 2.3x :D

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 07:10:35 AM »
Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying it's bad, and so far I'm not losing interest.  It's... moving very slowly without dragging, I guess?
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 09:40:30 AM »
The "Chronic dream of wife dying." thing hits real close to home.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 07:32:09 AM »
Finished. Liked it for the most part.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Though episode 10's out of order narrative was really pointless and actually made the episode less interesting. Also a whole lot of the series depends on really incompetent police/agencies/private military.
Really can't complain, especially given how many truly terrible comic shows are out there. Netflix ones continue to actually be entertaining.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 08:40:48 AM »
I wouldn't say there are currently that many comic based series that are truly terrible.  Gotham and The Gifted, maybe...  There are several in the mediocre to merely bad range.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 04:10:52 PM »
The Gifted is the only one I wouldn't (yet) call truly terrible, it's just boring. Well unless we count izombie which i actually like, wynonna earp which i liked s1 ok but haven't watched 2 yet and outcast, which is again, just boring.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 10:05:38 PM »
Urgh.  Episode 10 might be the worst thing in Marvel's Netflix originals.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 04:36:00 AM »
I finally finished it and I gotta say that despite the slow boil it came to a pretty satisfying conclusion.  A conclusion I figured early on was coming when I realized who the ultimately punished character was.  I do wish we had gotten to see his face in the end.  Maybe if there's a season 2 or 3...

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 10:24:34 PM »
I also finished the series and I think it's one of the better series Marvel/Netflix have despite having Daredevil and Jessica Jones being so good. The story is very personal and I love serious and personal stories. I still hate Karen Paige as a character but, I'm glad the show didn't give her enough screen time. I didn't like the Homeland Security woman she was annoying to me.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2017, 12:54:54 AM »
I wouldn't have minded Madani if her falling for Russo didn't seem so contrived...

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2017, 01:28:39 AM »
I wish her Mom had a bigger role. I like the actress a lot from the Expanse.