Author Topic: Running Suggestion List  (Read 158849 times)

shred_monkey

• Underling
Re: Running Suggestion List
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2009, 08:21:27 PM »
I'd love to see an export function to dump power data into a spreadsheet (or just into a deliminted text file).

For example, if I want to export all the damage/recharge/activation, etc data for all scrapper Dark Melee powers I just pull up a DM scrapper and click export primary data, then paste it into my spreadsheet.

If you want to get fancy you can export the data enhanced by the current build in the planner, but i'd be more then satified with just the base numbers.

TedEBearNC

• Underling
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2009, 02:35:49 AM »
Now that I have my 60 month vet reward I'd love to be able to pick a travel power at level 6 or later in the planner. When you get to it of course.  (This means NOW! )  :D

Cannonfodder

• Lieutenant
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2009, 02:01:40 AM »
I actually tried editing the powers database.  It isn't that hard to figure out.  I changed the four travel powers level of availability to 6.  It still shows them as 'illegal' in red italic font, but it does allow you start placing and slotting them at level 6.

I also tried to incorporate all of the power patch notes since the last release and I got most of them to work.

I also looked into adding the PVP IO sets, but the task of creating each recipe, then each IO, then each set was too daunting.

Please, please, please let us have an I14 version soon!   :gonk:
--Jason
@Cannonfodder
Victory:  Cannonfodder 50 Inv/SS
Virtue:  Pravda 50 Bots/FF
The Hall of Justice/The Hall of Doom /chanjoin "Victory Badges" /chanjoin "Virtue Badges"

sweetpayne

• Underling
« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2009, 10:10:47 PM »
Hi. Just a little suggestion to maybe implement into mids. It'd be something that would be low priority.

My suggestion is that hide or other stealth-like powers that have defense that is suppressed when attacking or clicking an object have a pop up window like the accolades do. The extra power in there would have the defense when in hide or stealthed. That way you will have the defense numbers for when you are attacking and being attacked will be the numbers that matter.

I personally have found it a little bit annoying to have to remember to minus so much defense % since those numbers in hide or stealthed don't mean too much to me (especially aoe def). I had changed mids once to conform to it and liked it myself. I saw how close to soft cap defense my stalker was without having to go minus 5.78% def on 46.77% def is .... and how much more I need to get close to it.

Thanks for reading.

Catharctic

« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2009, 07:38:51 PM »
Hi. Just a little suggestion to maybe implement into mids. It'd be something that would be low priority.

My suggestion is that hide or other stealth-like powers that have defense that is suppressed when attacking or clicking an object have a pop up window like the accolades do. The extra power in there would have the defense when in hide or stealthed. That way you will have the defense numbers for when you are attacking and being attacked will be the numbers that matter.

I personally have found it a little bit annoying to have to remember to minus so much defense % since those numbers in hide or stealthed don't mean too much to me (especially aoe def). I had changed mids once to conform to it and liked it myself. I saw how close to soft cap defense my stalker was without having to go minus 5.78% def on 46.77% def is .... and how much more I need to get close to it.

Thanks for reading.

Great suggestion!

The numbers with Hide activated has always been a really weird thing to me. It would be nice to have a more accurate representation of Defense for all those fights that take more than one hit...or have more than one enemy...you know, like, almost all of them.

Umbral

• Underling
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2009, 07:02:33 PM »
Also, any possibility of recognizing Arcanatime cast times, in the power display?

Considering I am an avid number cruncher and CoX board math guru, I'd like to suggest something that would make the actual number crunching process much nicer.  It shouldn't be too hard, especially since most of the calculations can already be calculated via basic formulas and spreadsheets.

Allow some kind of option to change all activation times to their Arcanatime activation times.  If you're too lazy to read the entire Arcanaville dissertation on the research and analysis (it's actually not as dry a read as you'd think!), it all comes down to this:

The server only checks your powers every so often.  From what Arcanaville (and all of the independent analysts like myself) has been able to infer, the interval that the server checks is every .132 seconds.  If you want to know anything else, read the link, otherwise, it'll be getting needlessly repetitive.

Suffice it to say, the "real" animation time of any of your attacks is going to the result of this formula:

(roundUp(activation/.132)+1)*.132

If that formula doesn't make sense, here's an explanation to go along with it.  Take the real numbers listed activation time.  Divide that number by .132.  Round up to the nearest whole number.  Add 1.  Multiply by .132.

A .83 second activation time power (like Shadow Punch) will have a "real activation time" (or, colloquially, Arcanatime) of 1.056 seconds.  A 3.3 second activation time power (like Shadow Maul) will have an activation time of 3.432 seconds.  Something else of interest is that some powers that have different listed animation times (like Sweeping Strike at 12.3 seconds and Blinding Feint at 1.2 seconds) will actually have the same Arcanatime (1.452 seconds) because the difference between the activation time of the 2 powers is too small for the server to reliably notice.

My second request/suggestion would be to include Damage per Activation Second (incorporating Arcanatime) alongside the moderately useful Damage per Activation and the largely useless Damage per Second calculations.  The formula (for those that don't know) is simply Damage per Activation/Activation time (preferably Arcanatime).  The primary use for this is that it's a much more useful metric of a power's potential effectiveness than DPS or DPA because it is the absolute highest unenhanced DPS you can get from the power during the time that it is activated.

A third (though less important) request would be for buffs and debuffs to be able to show up time percentages so that it's easier to determine partial contribution.  The method for this is (also) reasonably simple.

(Recharge time + Animation time)/(Effect Duration)

It's not as important as the other 2, but it's just a nice little calculation that could be done for those of us who crunch the numbers near religiously.

Coolio_Wolfus

• Underling
« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2009, 06:16:29 PM »
I know there is a Veterans reward to reduce the required level for Superspeed, Superjump, Fly and Teleport from 14 to 6 and removes their pre-req's.

However to most players the current I16 changes to these could be confusing, it would be ideal if ths was a selectable 'Temporary Power' with the powers listed above listing a req level of '14 (6)' and only allowing level 6 if the veteran 'Temporary Power' - 'Traveler' is set.

St0n3y

• Boss
« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2009, 09:07:43 PM »
Dead horse, meet the bat.

This has already been discussed numerous times both here and on the official CoX forums.  We are currently working on adding a toggle for the City Traveler vet badge.

I'm a sexy pork chop!!!!

txtornado

• Underling
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2010, 11:27:20 PM »
I'm fairly new to Mids so I'm still familiarizing myself with it.  I have toons that were created prior to my knowledge of Mids and I don't remember what powers I took and when.  I wonder if there is a way of copying those builds to Mids so I can tweek from there to determine if something else would work better without starting from ground zero. 

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2010, 11:44:54 PM »
A way to export from the game to Mids?  Nope.

The only thing I can think of to suggest would be to run some flashback missions to get a general idea of when you took powers.  For example, if you're a hero, running the Break up the Clockwork and the Skulls mission would show you which powers you had at level 9.

Alternately, you could team up with a level 1 character to see which powers you had at level 6 and see what powers you gain access to in what order as they level up.

Or, you could just go ahead and plan a build out in Mids from 1 to 50.  Then, when you're ready, you can log in, and either use a respec (if you have a free respec available, all you have to do is type in /respec), or talk to a trainer to select your alternate build and go through selecting your powers from 1 to your current level.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

DolphinBoy

• Underling
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2010, 08:01:49 AM »
A fairly simple feature suggestion:

I constantly find myself having to remove high-level slots from low-level powers, and then re-add the slot and reassign the exact same enhancement, in order to free up a higher-level slot assignment to put into another power.

For example, I might have a level 42 slot in a level 18 power; and then I want to move a slot from a level 22 power to a level 32 power.  But unfortunately all the slots in the level 22 power are level 23 and 25 slots.  So, I have to first remove one of the level 25 slots from that power, then remove the 42 slot from the level 18 power, and then add a slot back onto the level 18 power - which will now be the level 25 slot I removed from the 22 power - so I can move that 42 slot onto the level 32 power.  (I hope that was clear enough!)

So my feature suggestion is: add a menu item to the "Slots/Ehancements" menu, maybe on the "Slots" submenu.  This menu item would be labeled "Reassign all slots at lowest possible level" and it would do just that.  In my example, it would - among other things - automatically swap the level 42 slot in the level 18 power with the lowest level slot currently assigned to a power taken at level 20 or higher.

A really basic (and sub-optimal) bubble-sortish algorithm would be:

For each power P1 in ascending order of level taken:
{
  For each slot S1 assigned to the power P1:
  {
    For each power P2 taken after P1:
    {
      For each slot S2 assigned to the power P2:
      {
        If (S1's level > S2's level) then swap S1 with S2.
      }
    }
  }
}

A more optimal implementation would be to create a fresh pool of all possible slot levels, then walk through the powers in the order taken and assign the lowest-level legal slot from that pool.

If I freed up any one slot in a complete build (in my example, removing the level 25 slot from the level 22 power), and then ran the above menu item, what I'd probably end up with is one unassigned level 46, 48, or 50 slot.  I could then drop it onto the level 32 power.

It's annoying to do it by hand mainly because I have to reselect the enhancement I already had in there.

Alternatively, instead of (or in addition to) the menu item to trigger this algorithm manually, Mids could do it automatically.  In other words, if I have one unassigned slot of level X, and I try to assign it to a power taken at level Y, where Y>X, then Mids could look around for a slot with level>Y assigned to a power taken at a level <= X, and swap it with the free slot.  But that sounds like more code to write than the little manually triggered bubble sort thing above.

(Originally posted to a new thread, but then I saw this unified thread so I removed that and copied it to here.)

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2010, 01:48:20 PM »
You've definitely covered all possible angles...

I've taken a look at the code to see how probable a solution like this could be and I would have to rate it as a 4/10.

The way the slotting and power incrementation is set up... changing the system would require a major overhaul to the data import/export (ya know the data-chunk at the bottom of a build export) and I really couldn't fathom redoing that entire system, mainly because I can't guarantee it will be backwards compatible with pre-change builds/data-chunks.

The provided Respec and Dynamic modes that are already used in the application should be more than efficient to build do what you're asking. you might just have to toggle between the two while building.

Also, the reason you're seeing lvl 42 slots in a lvl 18 power is because that build probably didn't have the slots available until said level. I've made builds where I couldn't slot my level 10 powers until my 40s... just because I knew I needed the slots in other powers first, in-case of a exemplar or other reasons I can recall. lol.

However, I'll look into it a bit deeper... But I doubt a doable solution will surface. I'm all for making quality of life changes to Mids' but not at the expense of its stability/usability; ya know!?
~Steinerd

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2010, 01:44:12 AM »
bubble-sort
*stab!*

Sorry... programmer reflex...  :-[
I haven't used a bubble sort for anything serious in years; I generally use quick sort, with a worst case equal to bubble sort's best case.

Voltium

• Underling
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2010, 12:40:29 AM »
Although this is a shot in the dark, how's about a mac version?

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2010, 12:22:02 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS! You are are 1 millionth user to ask for this feature!

lol.

There are shtuffs in the works that might equate to a working rendition of Mids for any OS, but they're still quite infantile in terms of development.
~Steinerd

Cannonfodder

• Lieutenant
« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2010, 08:44:24 PM »
I'd like to suggest a reorganization the user interface.

One column for powers 1-20, a second column for powers 22-49 and a third (fourth?) column for inherent and temporary powers.

In the options of the program, I'd like to be able to set up global parameters to choose what goes in the inherent/temp column.

For example, show origin "temp" power, show buffing pets, show prestige sprints, show slide sprint, turn on all stat-boosting accolades, enable City Traveler, show veteran melee powers, show veteran ranged powers, show mystic fortune, show secondary mutation, show accolade powers, show day job powers.

Sort the powers by what is able to have enhancements placed in it (brawl, sprints, rest, kheldian form powers) and those that can't (veteran powers, buffing pets, Vigilance, etc.).

Perhaps add drop downs for vet powers, buffing pet, mystic fortune on the left side of the interface in a similar fashion to APP/PPP.

Currently CoH has so many booster packs, vet powers, badge powers and temp powers that the Mid's program needs to look into a way to efficiently organize and selectively enable/disable them all.  This may be a project best left until the I19 brings us inherent fitness powers, but I'd appreciate the team looking into ways to globally reorganize things now.

Thoughts and ideas?
--Jason
@Cannonfodder
Victory:  Cannonfodder 50 Inv/SS
Virtue:  Pravda 50 Bots/FF
The Hall of Justice/The Hall of Doom /chanjoin "Victory Badges" /chanjoin "Virtue Badges"

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2010, 05:39:17 AM »
There has been plenty of internal talk in terms of adding and customizing the temp powers and so forth, but it is a massive undertaking. Inherents are going to be addressed some more with I19, and it is possible that some of the other stuff will get thrown in.

LKN-351

• Lieutenant
« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2010, 05:54:45 PM »
the option to see accuracy the same as you would see it in game without having to mouse over the numbers would be great.

even though ive used mids for a few years now ive never noticed you could see the acc numbers as anything but a percentage untill today, course i never even thought about mousing over the number in the first place as seen by the tech post i made yesterday. i thought i had just missed something somewhere.

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2010, 07:35:44 PM »
When I implemented it with 1.8.1, I was seriously considering making it that way, but I was worried I'd get complaints from people who were used to it being a different way. If I have extra time, I'll look into making it more reasonable (maybe something "83% (1.13)", I don't know). Alternately, I might add a setting to the Configuration that lets you choose your view for Accuracy. That's the preferable choice, but since the view is already there (just in an unintuitive manner) this is low priority.

LKN-351

• Lieutenant
« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2010, 06:30:55 PM »
the example you showed was actually would actually work out pretty well, it would make both sorts of users happy.

cuase lets face it i like the ingame numbers as im sure lots of others do and the only way ive deduced to see the real ingame numbers for acc is to lock a power and mouse to it and that gets to be a hassle when your fine tunin acc in 20 some odd builds.