Author Topic: Running Suggestion List  (Read 158223 times)

Mids

• Elite Boss
Running Suggestion List
« on: June 04, 2008, 08:12:33 AM »
I'm going to keep a list of all the suggestions made here in this post that i'll update when someone makes another, so they're easy to track at a glance.

They won't be making it into the update for Issue 12 as if I add any more to the list for that it'll only make it even later. :P But once that's out of the way...

In no particular order:
  • Include a folder with sample builds
  • Text field for build notes
  • Email Build command
  • City Vault support
  • Multiple Enhancement/entire set Placement/Edit
  • Level Slider for display / Real Numbers
  • Default Enhancement type (Regular/IO/?) setting
  • Retain current IO set when placing IOs in the same power
  • Multiple open builds
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 07:53:32 AM by Mids »
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

tankenstein

• Underling
Re: Running Suggestion List
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 03:09:57 PM »
Best program evar! Thank you.

How about "file"->"send to"->  so i can more easily email builds to folks?

Again, thanks for your work.

Tankenstein
Virtue

werewriter

• Minion
    • Beware of Fanboy
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 04:42:18 PM »
How about a Print option or an Export to PDF for printing?
[/url]

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 04:59:58 PM »
The Print option is under the File menu. :)
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

werewriter

• Minion
    • Beware of Fanboy
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 05:18:19 PM »
Is it?? Bloody hell...
[/url]

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 06:40:47 PM »
Is it?? Bloody hell...

LOL!  That's what I said when I first saw it....don't know how I missed it before :P.

Cannonfodder

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 01:54:04 AM »
I'd like to see a simpler "check for update" user interface.

Options -> Configuration -> Updates & Paths tab is the current path to get to the "Check for updates now" button.

Could you maybe put a "Check for Updates now" option under help or file instead?

Thank you.

--Jason

PS - Can't wait for the newest update!
--Jason
@Cannonfodder
Victory:  Cannonfodder 50 Inv/SS
Virtue:  Pravda 50 Bots/FF
The Hall of Justice/The Hall of Doom /chanjoin "Victory Badges" /chanjoin "Virtue Badges"

Tessai

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 09:41:28 AM »
When placing Invention Set enhancements it would be much easier if the selection didn't revert back to the set selection once the first enhancement has been placed in the power.

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 06:52:44 AM »

I have some of black cloud over my house that kills every printer I've ever had within three weeks.  To print stuff I found a freeware thing called CutePDF writer.  It basically sets up a new printer on your computer that converts whatever you try to print to a PDF doc.  You manage it just like any other printer.

It works great for me.

ariosto

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 10:24:30 AM »
As someone with chronic altitis, one thing I'd love to see is a simpler way to add/modify multiple enhancements.

For instance, being able to click on a power and then selecting 2 End Red, 2 Acc, 2 Dam in the same way you'd use an online shopping cart, for example-you get a popup box with a list of all the basic categories and can enter 1-6 of each then click "OK".

Also, the option of selecting IOs (not rares, just regulars) as the default Enhancement type.

And since I use your fantastic planner every time I load up CoX to remind myself what powers/slots I should be selecting when levelling up (rather than respecing) maybe a "level slider" that lets me slide the level of the build (and only the powers and slots I have at that level) down to whatever level I'm currently playing at, so I'm not confused into thinking I should have powers I don't have.  (I understand most people are smart enough to figure this out at a glance, but even simps like myself deserve a little help now and then.)

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2008, 12:49:34 PM »
I too suffer from chronic altitis. :D

In fact, I was thinking a little while ago of adding some way to set multiple enhancements at once. My thought was to have a set of configurable slotting schemes, so you could click a button to place, for example,  the 'Melee Damage' scheme and it'd fill all the slots in that power accordingly.

In the future, I'm planning on adding a level slider which will grey out powers/slots you don't have yet, as well as scale the numbers to that level (like the game's Real Numbers feature). I'll also be fixing the currently slightly broken Exemplar maths feature too. :P
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 12:54:19 PM »
And since I use your fantastic planner every time I load up CoX to remind myself what powers/slots I should be selecting when levelling up (rather than respecing) maybe a "level slider" that lets me slide the level of the build (and only the powers and slots I have at that level) down to whatever level I'm currently playing at, so I'm not confused into thinking I should have powers I don't have.  (I understand most people are smart enough to figure this out at a glance, but even simps like myself deserve a little help now and then.)

I like those first two.  For the third, here is my solution.  Go to File-Print and on the left side, select DO NOT PRINT as the profile option.  Thenm put a check in the box about printing a history page from the right side.  With this checked (by default, it is not), then entire build comes out on one sheet of paper with what was taken at each level.

I keep mine in a 3 ring binder at the desk.

Sarasvatri

• Underling
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 10:35:06 PM »
Hi Mids!  I appreciate all the great work you've put in to this fantastic tool.  The planner is almost as much fun as the game!

A couple things that I would sacrifice daisies for:

1. The ability to drop entire IO sets into a power
2. Having multiple builds open at once under one planner instance

Thanks again, looking forward to the i12 update!

werewriter

• Minion
    • Beware of Fanboy
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 02:47:06 PM »

2. Having multiple builds open at once under one planner instance

That would be a good one! Especially if you've imported someone else's build as an example, but you only want to use some of their information as a guideline for a build of your own.
[/url]

Aoide

• Minion
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2008, 05:33:59 PM »
I like the scroll bar you stuck on the Primary Powers in the new i12 version, but how about one for the secondary powers as well?  As is (for some reason I can't figure out) on the old version the last couple of powers on Warshades and Peacebringers were getting cut off the list to make room for the info box.  The primary scroll bar on the new version helps with this, but one for secondaries would be nice as well since you still can't click on the ones hidden behind said info box.  Also if you put something like this in the Accolade list, it would be very helpful since for some reason Task Force Commander gets hidden (and left completely unclikable) by the Accolade info box.

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 06:28:42 PM »
Can you email me a screenshot of this so I can see exactly which parts or showing/hidden please?
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Aoide

• Minion
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 01:43:36 AM »
Sent.  Let me know if anything's wrong with it if/when you get it.  Never had to take screen shots like this before, so I'm not sure if I did it properly.

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 07:17:21 AM »
Ah! yep, that's great, I see what's going on there.

Firstly, i've got a small glitch that's cutting the power list slightly too short in some instances, wich I need to fix.

But secondly, it's also being affected by the high-DPI screen font. If you open up the config screen (Options -> Configuration) and reduce the font size from 8.25 to 7, or even 6, it'll tidy up the power lists so things fit better.
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Swoo

• Underling
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2008, 12:05:54 PM »
Hello.

first things: thank you for you great job ^^

second: I just DL the last version and, as I'm in my office, I can't check for any update because I need to specify a username for the Proxy and I didn't find how to let the Designer know what's my proxy username.

(sorry for my possibly awful english, but I'm french ^^)

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2008, 01:06:03 PM »
Hello, and thanks!

I apologise that I can't reply to you in French - Your English is good!

At the moment, I have no setting for using a proxy, as I don't have one here to figure it out with. I shall add it to the list of things I want to try and do.

If you're able to use a small USB storage device, it's possible to update at home, and copy the whole program to the USB drive to take to your office.
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.