Author Topic: Running Suggestion List  (Read 158231 times)

Swoo

• Underling
Re: Running Suggestion List
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2008, 01:43:50 PM »
update via USB drive is what I intend to do, but I wanted to let you know about this problem as I know several peoples who must use a proxy setting while at home...

MechMaven

• Underling
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 02:43:36 AM »
A simple suggestion: convert speeds in totals (flight, running, jumping) from FPS to MPH, since MPH is what it shows in game.

Mids rocks!  :D

TA

• Minion
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 04:48:24 PM »
Changes I always have to make to the database when it gets updated:

Enzyme Exposures, Membrane Exposures, Lysosome Exposures, and Cytoskeleton Exposures enhance Defense Debuff, Defense Buff, ToHit Debuff, and ToHit Buff, not just one of the buff/debuff types.  They can only be slotted in things that take the appropriate type, but this can still matter.  For example, slotting two Enzyme Exposures in a Defense toggle, which is allowed through the EndRedux enhancement, gives you 66.66% EndRedux enhancement and 66.66% Defense enhancement (ed capped down to 56.99%).  It's a significant aspect of some builds, being able to save slots like that.

Hide, Stealth, and other such powers ... effects are marked as "Suppressed by ...", but hell if I know how to turn on suppression.  So I have to manually add the ability to suppress the extra defense, with an Invincibility-style power scaling slider that goes from 0 to 1, because the unsuppressed defense is pretty much useless.  Though, with this newest version, I can't seem to do that anymore - when I set something to be modified by Power Scaling, it reverts back out soon as I click OK.

Also, it'd be nice if there was some sort of function to rearrange slot placement to use the lowest-level slots.  Like, if a level 1 power is slotted with two level 36 slots and a level 48 slot, it'd be changed to use two level 3 slots and a level 5 slot.

Energy Aura

• Boss
  • Mids' "Data Entry Drone"
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 05:44:25 PM »
I would recommend changing all Mid's stats to match the in game numbers now that we actually get them in game. 

Thanks for a great app.

Cheers!!!

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008, 06:01:26 PM »
I would recommend changing all Mid's stats to match the in game numbers now that we actually get them in game. 
Um... That's what the last month or so of work has revolved around.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 06:09:19 PM by Mids »
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Cava

• Underling
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 08:58:48 AM »
Would it be possible to make a button (perhaps up under the "View Totals" button) that switched all powers to their Alternative Enhancement Slotting?

I like to make 2 versions of a build, one with normal SOs and then a version with IO sets for when I reach a higher level, and it would be nice to be able to switch between them with one click instead of having to toggle every power (or maybe I am just missing something?).

Oh, and thank you very much for this awesome program. I think I spend as much time with it as in game :S

edit: I should have known something like that was in already... Now I am just embarrased I haven't noticed it before...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 09:13:03 PM by Cava »

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 09:31:47 AM »
You can change all enhancement slots to the alternative by going to the 'Slots / Enhancements' menu, clicking on the 'Slots' item, and then selecting 'Flip All to Alternate' from the submenu. :)
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Coolio_Wolfus

• Underling
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 11:49:40 AM »
I know that movement speeds were changed from Feet to Mph,
I would of preferred this change as a toggle option.

Distance to mission doors etc are still shown in Feet 'ft' and being able to toggle this function would allow me to gage how far I am from said door. (ft/s)

I am aware Mid's that you only recently changed this from ft to mph, but could ft be restored as a toggle at all?
(With Mph as the default.)

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2008, 12:07:24 PM »
It can and will be a toggle :)

You'll also have the option of Meters/Sec and KPH, just because I can! ;)
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2008, 12:39:46 PM »
Oh! And in response to TA...

I'll be adding a suppression option at some point, at the moment it only displays for information purposes. Power effects which scale are now computed dynamically, and the option to be modified is redundant (but i forgot to delete it from the editor). If you want a power to recognise that an effect stacks, you need to make sure that the effect doesn't have 'no stacking' set.

The slot re-ordering feature is also on my list of features to add.

I'll look into the HO type enhancements at some point and see what I can do with them. It'll likely require some tweaks to the defense enhancement display.
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

eldandil

• Minion
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2008, 01:11:55 PM »
Hey, Mids, I'm back in the game again. :)

Great job on the most recent version of the planner! Awesome work as always.

Now, here's a suggestion that I'm surprised hasn't come up before: Could we have info on the Vet Reward powers built into the planner? One or two of my builds actually use Vet attacks on a regular basis, and it would be nice to be able to look up their stats.

Here's a second suggestion: How about an attack chain planner? I use Excel to calculate my attack chains, but I think some users might appreciate a built in chain calculator that draws data from the planner directly. I'll email you a copy of my Excel calculator to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

Cheers, mate!

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2008, 01:41:06 PM »
Welcome back!
I'll see about adding the vet rewards in. At the moment there's a UI limitation on what can be displayed, but i'm planning some changes to that in the future.

Previously, I've generally said I wouldn't do an attack chain planner, but the last month or so I've changed my mind, and it's actually made it onto my ToDo list. I've an idea or two on how I might impliment it.
I don't tend to plan attack chains myself, but I know quite a few people like to. :)
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Energy Aura

• Boss
  • Mids' "Data Entry Drone"
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2008, 02:55:21 PM »
Um... That's what the last month or so of work has revolved around.
Excellent.  You rock.  Really glad there are people like you with the knowhow that put it to good use for the community.

Once again, hat's off to you!!!

Cannonfodder

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2008, 02:11:12 AM »
Previously, I've generally said I wouldn't do an attack chain planner, but the last month or so I've changed my mind, and it's actually made it onto my ToDo list. I've an idea or two on how I might impliment it.
I don't tend to plan attack chains myself, but I know quite a few people like to. :)

One of the previous hero planner programs had an attack chain planner.  You might be able to port that over and have it draw from the current power database.

Now, if only I could remember WHICH planner had it...  :gonk:
--Jason
@Cannonfodder
Victory:  Cannonfodder 50 Inv/SS
Virtue:  Pravda 50 Bots/FF
The Hall of Justice/The Hall of Doom /chanjoin "Victory Badges" /chanjoin "Virtue Badges"

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2008, 02:17:45 AM »
Pretty sure it was SherkSilver's.

Cannonfodder

• Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2008, 02:49:00 AM »
Mids, here's the thing I seem to use your planner for the most:  Shopping

I love the recipe viewer in-game helper window.  I use it all the time.

Here's the next feature I'd like to see:  You know how you have the alternate slotting and you can flip between your two slotting scenarios?  I'd love to have about 3-4 more alternate slotting rows. 

For example, almost all of my builds have 2 versions.  One is the planning version.  It has all the powers and slots and what levels to choose each.  The first slotting is with standard enhancements.  The alternate slotting is with invention sets and Hamidon origin enhancements at level 50.  With the second saved build, I have one slotting with IO set enhancement/Hami-O's at 50 and the other slotting with IO/Hami/Purples at 50.  As I acquire IO's, I choose whatever enhancement I just made/bought and change it to a blank, which leaves me with an in-game shopping list of what I have left.

I frequently have 2 versions of your planner open.  One is open to the standard build and shows generic enhancement slotting.  The other is open to the shopping build and has only IO sets filled in.

Here's an example:

Toxic Stiletto

Code: [Select]
| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1323;685;916;|
|>-JEDUU/TU`8QT^WC@U6-F!LXQTF+QN;5##1^$)BC&ABPB("XHTZZSA`8VUG6Q2]\@-|
|X[Y4H2HS>:20QQ@_BE8E?PPLSGY<SE&N;[/_KGK=S_CUM=6?!$.+9!:&E+CE6$-16ZK|
|[5:$@_4=T.K=#VW-2JMV/7QU9"VY%AZ,6%$-E64:TJ'2G-Z]NVXP2#A]$%N2'=0)H+E|
|G^_=M%_X/G=5]TMZ4LW-%LWZ27/<\Q%::U+/]BR&P;]OV*'K@P"HY5LV.YFDC..O;D5|
|9BXW[+IY$Q*>6ZM:02C])WVPHVGX[>+6Z&K&Q`9@3AB;C+N$U#IAHAQ!3$T1IK%+HZZ|
|H*,%-4;1-$!)E#0L2)J$,=1K7Q;1'-"CRF/&4H)^A>?H\8>`<X35T1=6>HMS5QET=W-|
|71X#T])$R%A![HBO%:(E:@T!Z$V%\S$G]%LU-[A*ZWA#;(MJN>]A+UY""45-:2OP'#H|
|NL7H9PE3\=["7&HZ^0ZK7.-0C,WN``R:34T?8I"^Q#J5L^AFQWUL*,>=I1C1SEV-,".|
|$M"545O)C%&H]PAF7I"+&:C+TG$T]2S/Z]MF>(3B,NVBN*JACPJ4Y]78/)_3")]:(4<|
|%XWE"!NKZN4[OWZ>51MX3"KN$\3>$X@=`OS@!Y8/*X^!/FC?T@_&=%SD+N7A4%#YR]P|
|$A'\>U^&D-GQ=T8._@-ZI>@-'/9&'L@/&%\8E?@-/\4IXDS$+7,=Y`Y-@.62@O4J9\C|
|=`'!9/J8";Y#1&Z$"5>*5JJ4&CZ*+AN#EHK_(A%A3--N(1)&H/LK!H\2Y$A_?"S$F*>|
|72W^&U-.EW3U'4%,X[FC?\O^Z_IJM+[1]N4.T%64)90UE%LHMU'NH%@H]U#J*,UO1FL|
|7R><8B"?Q%L5`Z41)H:11NE`R*#F4`927*,T_2[GR!0``|

and his IO shopping Build:

Code: [Select]
| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|MxDz;1350;675;900;|
|>-JEDUM/$T$4QV=[H85N6]I:6BA0H$7*;0L//AA-C+&:F-`$!7E2ZUJ&=N/:K;N+@C'|
|&#^!7$&_$^*+1:&*,'\0G/XHIYS(E37QTD_[^TW.;<V9VZP<U78@7EX26N&*;GM?8:K|
|IFMRO=:'W?-WW+Z22VG0.K.;/E6[;T?2<BA,CV@QIU:4MIW-BW;-LKG%IK<D]V/&G43|
|/=!X[+[T'%3USMMZ<J.;_07R4W'L8T-:>Y*UVM;79W^7[/\CO0\O>_L6IU6C#VVU6K[|
|V:M=JTEU,:Q1-SU?NH=YZ&D1?D?8'#V]L-@#61=ZB^4>26*7I-R#1YPE+F*.1CE!48'|
|%@A@JDT0-#8.C2R1+$*=Q7%A[3&4"3UB>DH2H''."^`92@JJ=(*<,<<H(IXQ06/D1_>|
|%VTI`3YFT"8;(L#/`M>'G&7B#R/D`CO289)?\0.(<Y6PR390PL,;9HL;\@,14:`4=<.|
|>([L)@2J[=HTA7P)%61Y#E8Y,4QF%)J^!1/DN9)TCS)6)>%1YGP2:*0E5&S9&C3,P-<|
|!6^63KX7RG*5/#GR#OWAB9>VJ:=E",ZI6\KQA4SS]<SFJ/<216<@;)S#0N/'=##3'TE|
|FCTA*[TC6*;H*T04U58$LDW^HYN1OWN$\N")!,4N^TA=*S45P.SZ=*7)\`$M177/Q&_|
|4^\YWE!\LG?NL^\SU_)5F#K#EURG.'M%\>3/.J]#R5?@:O3T65KK0I:-%BX9>7SVB`B|
|/`R+5?^X>H`GT-I0Y4VN.LJ=UWEKJL4MCY(Z&^-;TRL\7F%3C\X(2[R:6T,VBZP;3.D|
|OC&P:919#)U^=O_U_-3[=89OC@"W$9N('<1MQ!W$782)N(]H(GJ_]'ZOL9=HB,1PB=`|
|1<40"D42,(C*(,<0$XA6B=P(*=WW(|

What I'd love to have is a way to combine all this info into one saved file.  I'd also like to have some type of option of looking at the build not just at it's finished state at 50, but at other levels like 25, where I might want to use some of the lower level IO sets.

If there were 4+ slotting alternates, I could use one for generic slotting, one for level 50 IO set slotting, one for level 50 IO set shopping, one for level 50 IO set shopping with purples included, one for level 20 slotting with IO sets I could use at that level, one for level 30 with IO set slotting I could use at that level, one for a level 30 IO set shopping list, and so on and so on.

Another small thing I'd find useful is the ability to put a checkmark next to any recipe or invention salvage.  That way I can look at the in-game helper and see what I already have and what I still need to get.

I don't know if I'm the only one who uses it this way.  Anyone else having a similar experience or using the planner the same way I am?

Thanks!

--Jason
@Cannonfodder
Victory:  Cannonfodder 50 Inv/SS
Virtue:  Pravda 50 Bots/FF
The Hall of Justice/The Hall of Doom /chanjoin "Victory Badges" /chanjoin "Virtue Badges"

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2008, 08:46:20 AM »
That's quite a wishlist! ;)

The attack chain planner was indeed in SherkSilver's, and it's on my list for the future.

I also have a notion for how I might be able to add extra alternate slotting schemes, as that's an occasionally requested feature. The shopping list stuff also strikes me as useful. :)
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Lost Ninja

• Underling
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2008, 09:47:10 AM »
I mentioned this on the update thread on the EU boards, but perhaps here would be better.

Can we have an easily visible total of slots left to place (would fit under the view totals button ;)).

What I'd really love to see is a simulated team option, so you can see how your character will perform when it has buffs from other team members on it. Add an extra option down there with accolades and temp powers that allows you to specify other builds and which powers affect you and in what quantities (so you can easily see how well you will do in a full fire/rad team (or similar)).

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2008, 09:55:51 AM »
Slot total remaining is on the list!

Simulated team may be a little longer in coming, but it too is on the list, as it's occasionally requested.
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

eldandil

• Minion
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2008, 02:23:42 AM »
Wheee new update. Way to go, Mids!