Author Topic: Running Suggestion List  (Read 158230 times)

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
Re: Running Suggestion List
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2008, 08:58:30 PM »
Time for my request ;)

On the Export build option, I'd really appreciate an option for "No Color" when selecting one of the options like HTML, LiveJournal, UBB, etc.  Maybe Something with just the bold / italics / no weighting options?

Great work on the planner :D

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2008, 09:16:06 PM »
On the Export build option, I'd really appreciate an option for "No Color" when selecting one of the options like HTML, LiveJournal, UBB, etc.  Maybe Something with just the bold / italics / no weighting options?
You can create your own custom colour schemes and forum export code sets from the Options->Configuration screen. :)
Change to the 'Forum Export Settings' tab, and the left-hand side allows colour scheme editing, and the right hand side allows you to create/modify the forum formatting codes. Leaving the 'Colour' boxes blank for a code set will prevent any colours being exported.

I'll add having the option as a standard feature to the list though.
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2008, 09:17:48 PM »
You can create your own custom colour schemes and forum export code sets from the Options->Configuration screen. :)
Change to the 'Forum Export Settings' tab, and the left-hand side allows colour scheme editing, and the right hand side allows you to create/modify the forum formatting codes. Leaving the 'Colour' boxes blank for a code set will prevent any colours being exported.

I'll add having the option as a standard feature to the list though.
Heh, that'll show me to pay attention.  Typical End-user, right?  ;D

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2008, 09:27:12 PM »
Heh! I used to despair that nobody read the readme (which that instruction isn't in, :P), until i realised something:
I never read the readme for anything!
I never RTFM!

My user interface needs work to make things more intuitive, stuff like that is buried away where you don't find it unless by accident.
To say that a UI overhaul is on the list is an understatement. It's practically a whole list by itself!

Once I have all current bugs/features dealt with to my satisfaction, I get to start a whole new round of coding.
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

torakusu

• Underling
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2008, 11:09:08 PM »
If you plan on doing an UI overhaul, may I suggest that an option that allow users to keep the "classic" UI for those of us who are used to the old UI?

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2008, 07:01:50 AM »
But of course! :)
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

torakusu

• Underling
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2008, 07:09:53 AM »
While I'm at it, some powers, mostly stealth and travel powers, have different numbers (travel speed, defense) depending on whether they are suppressed.  Do you suppose we can have a toggle that would let us see def totals, etc while stealth and travel are suppressed?

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2008, 07:13:24 PM »
That should be doable
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

eldandil

• Minion
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2008, 01:41:43 AM »
Here's another one:

Often, my alternate slotting is identical to my first build except for changes to a small handful of powers. Typically, my first slotting configuration is the easily attainable one and the alternate setup is the "fantasy" one involving purple sets in maybe 3 to 5 powers.

It would be tremendously helpful if there were a way to copy all the enhancements from the first build to the alternate build so I could jump straight into making those minor changes.

Edit: I take the suggestion back. It's actually easier to just save the same build under a different name and then make changes to the copy. To compare the two builds, I just have to open two instances of the planner.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 02:25:45 AM by eldandil »

cov_alpha_bot

• Underling
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2008, 08:28:31 PM »
Hey Mids,

Great job on the updated planner.

I searched through this thread and didn't see it suggested, but one thing I would find very helpful, if you could do it fairly easily, would be a file --> recent --> "Toon List" that would hold your last three or four builds that you had opened, or simply a list of your last few opened Toons directly under File.

Thanks Mids, and keep up the great work

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2008, 09:08:13 PM »
I keep meaning to add that one!
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2008, 09:49:31 AM »
I have another one, but this may take way too much work to implement.  Sorry.

One of the first things I did when IO's came out was to go though and make a list of what total enhancement values each set provided at level 35.  For example, there are damage sets that only enhance damage up to about 80%, while giving about 70% to accuracy.  Would it be a lot of extra work to have the pop up window display the totals for the sets without having to slot them? 

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2008, 10:22:40 AM »
Would it be a lot of extra work to have the pop up window display the totals for the sets without having to slot them? 
Probably, but I may do it anyway! :)
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

tankenstein

• Underling
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2008, 04:45:24 PM »
The ability to type the level number or select it direct for each individual enhancement. I have lots of IO's, but not all at the same levels, it's a pain to model my toon's actuall build by changing the default level each time i drop a different level enhancement.

does any of that make sense?

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2008, 04:49:22 PM »
It's already there.

Before you select the enhancer you want, enter the level,  then click on it. 8)

Works for Common and Set IOs, afaik.  There are +/- options available for TO/DO/SO/HOs

tankenstein

• Underling
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2008, 09:22:27 PM »
It's already there.

Before you select the enhancer you want, enter the level,  then click on it. 8)

Works for Common and Set IOs, afaik.  There are +/- options available for TO/DO/SO/HOs

yup you are right, just type the level you want and the lower right corner where the level is displayed will change to what you typed.

thanks

darkskye

• Minion
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2008, 12:43:01 AM »
Here's one I'd like. It may be there and I just haven't been able to find it.

When I'm playing with builds, I'll mess around with which power goes where in the build.  Often, I end up doing this *after* determining all the slotting I want. Is it possible to make a "trade level" option or something, to say "move this entire power and its slotting to be taken at level 36 instead of at 28" or something like that?

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2008, 07:06:42 AM »
Hmm, that's worth considering. The tricky part lies with the slots, as it could involve some complicated slot juggling if the two powers had different numbers of placed slots.
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Bliz

• Boss
    • StudioBliz
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2008, 04:05:09 PM »
Here's one I'd like. It may be there and I just haven't been able to find it.

When I'm playing with builds, I'll mess around with which power goes where in the build.  Often, I end up doing this *after* determining all the slotting I want. Is it possible to make a "trade level" option or something, to say "move this entire power and its slotting to be taken at level 36 instead of at 28" or something like that?

I would LOVE to have this option, as it's something I often end up doing when playing with a build. It's not so bad if the power has only a slot or two, but often it involves a set of IOs that I've already aquired with different levels and keeping them all correct is annoying at best.
Liz

My City of Heroes shirts and stuff on RedBubble:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/bliz/collections/261901-city-of-heroes

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2008, 10:53:08 AM »
I knowing nothing about how this whole thing works.  My programming training was limited to Apple IIc Basic in 1987, but here is the one major problem I see with being ablr to drag whole slots of stuff around.

If I take a power, slot it, then move it, there is a very real chance that the slots I've placed won't be available at the new level. 

If I take the power at 28, the add slots at 29 and 31 to get it 6-slotted, those slots will have to go somewhere when I drag the power to 35.

Likewise, the slots I placed at 36 and 37 won't be available at 29 and 31.  If it's a straight across swap, then there might be a way around it, but I can't imagine that would really come up all that often.

Here would be I would handle it (assuming a team of little geeky elves were around to actually make it work, and to bend the laws of physics if needed).

I would make a new pop-out window that held, say 10 banks of 6 slots.  You slot this window however you want, with each row representing one power.  This means you could have 10 powers worth of slots ready to go.  Have an Ice Blast character?  Click on the ranged attacks to apply one set of 5 Thunderstrike to each ranged set.  Don't like Thunderstrike?  Change the bank section to whatever you prefer, then re-apply them all with two clicks.  One on the power, and the second on the set you want copied.

Saving a power to the set would be basically the same.  Click on the power, then on the "COPY" button on the bank row, and the Enh that are slotted would be copied to the bank.  Then we'd need a "Clear ENH" option for each selected power to remove the slots.

Based on what I've seen in the program, I think this is possible, but I have no way to actually know.  If it is, then I would like the option to save the bank globally, so that even a new character could be slotted out with my idea of a standard load with a few clicks.