Community > Task Force Hail Mary

Now that MxM is closing down, is there a chance of the CoH IP being sold?

(1/5) > >>

Drygen:
Anyone think there's a possibility of Ncsoft selling the CoH IP  or releasing the source code now that MxM is shutting down? I'm hoping they take a page from the Swg book and release anything they've been holding onto as a gesture of goodwill.

Abraxus:
Hard to know.  They certainly have not done anything else that was expected, so why would this be any different.  On the other hand, if it makes business sense, using factors that we would never know the specifics of (at least with any degree of candor), anything is possible.

I personally hope it goes that way, but then I have been hoping for anything that gets us our game back.  That hope has been fanned, then stomped on during this roller coaster ride we have been on, but hope remains.  So, I will certainly be watching, and waiting to see what the new year might bring.

Drygen:
Could be a longshot, but considering how aggressively they've been marketing Lineage II Revolution, they could generate some additional positive media coverage by relinquishing the CoH IP. Would probably sound pretty good on paper "Lineage II Revolution Dev releases CoH IP in celebration of their new mobile title's launch." Could be some sort of "Heroes" campaign, with a tagline something along the lines of "Heroes Never Die"  8)

MWRuger:
As much chance as there ever was. You may take that as it pleases you.

bugzee:
I'm going to guess that it makes no difference. They only put the COX characters in MxM at a developers suggestion. I think they had a grip on the IP back then, they still do, and I'm sorry to say, probably will never let it go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version