Author Topic: ANY uk city of heroes  (Read 1966 times)

littlelil

• Underling
ANY uk city of heroes
« on: January 07, 2018, 08:41:33 PM »
ANY uk city of heroes here at all  my main was STEELCLAW

lunawisp

• Minion
    • lunawisp - general gaming blog!
Re: ANY uk city of heroes
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 05:32:21 PM »
Yep. I was on Defiant. Main characters were Calamity, lunawisp and a few others.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes, she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 10:49:30 PM »
If I may hijack this for a moment.

How many countries did have access to COH?
I know Europe got it a year or two after launch which is why I remember reading someplace they replaced the 5th Column with Council - the 5th were deemed too "Nazi-ish" and may offend the German players.

Corlagon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 04:22:03 PM »
I don't think there was any regional lockout.

As for languages, there were translations into French and German, with one server each, plus two English servers.

cmgangrel

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 05:32:56 PM »
If I may hijack this for a moment.

How many countries did have access to COH?
I know Europe got it a year or two after launch which is why I remember reading someplace they replaced the 5th Column with Council - the 5th were deemed too "Nazi-ish" and may offend the German players.

Was released EU wide although localisation was only French and German (with their respective server). The 5th Column change happened at Issue 3 (which just one month before "official" EU release (before then, EU players were on the US servers with US accounts).

I know people of from Spain, Italy, Greece, Holland and Denmark who played the game (that is just off the top of my head).

That was no regional lockout (as in "you must be in this region to play/purchase the game"), but if you had an EU account, you were limited to the EU servers initially (until they merged the lists). But there was nothing stopping an EU player from buying a US copy of the game and playing on the US servers, or for that matter a US player buying an EU version of the game and playing on the EU servers (I know one player who did this, again off the top of my head)/

Oh and EU player here. Helped with several player meets (both official NCsoft and "player arranged") in the UK. Onion Server, because we brought tears to the eyes of deviant players.