Author Topic: 14th Anniversary of City of Heroes - Sat. April 28th, 2018  (Read 10263 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: 14th Anniversary of City of Heroes - Sat. April 28th, 2018
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2018, 01:22:43 AM »
Its too bad we couldn't be celebrating a real 14th anniversary.

I still miss playing this game every single day since 2012.

I had read something someplace that there was some company trying to make a deal to buy the game and restart it but it got squashed when NCSoft used Statesman in one of their new games.

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2018, 06:03:23 PM »
It's so nice to see so many still care. I think it says a lot that there's quite a few people that still celebrate the City, and work hard to bring it back to us however they can, even after all this time. Being able to log in and just 'be' and explore in the City has been a comfort to me that's helped me through some rough times even as far back as when just the basic Icon program was launched.

I applaud the hard work folks put in out of their lives to get us to the point we can share our time together in the City again, and look forward to whatever they can cook up next. I applaud those that continue to visit the City and keep the torches lit, whether through development, RP, or even lurking around (like I usually do most of the time when I have the time to visit). :roll:

I am also glad I was able to be a part of the festivities for as long as I could (real life obligations and all that) and thanks to everyone that made it out for the fun and reminiscing! :)

EVERY YEAR, IN PARAGON!

Lyc~

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2018, 09:32:16 PM »
It's so nice to see so many still care. I think it says a lot that there's quite a few people that still celebrate the City, and work hard to bring it back to us however they can, even after all this time. Being able to log in and just 'be' and explore in the City has been a comfort to me that's helped me through some rough times even as far back as when just the basic Icon program was launched.

I applaud the hard work folks put in out of their lives to get us to the point we can share our time together in the City again, and look forward to whatever they can cook up next. I applaud those that continue to visit the City and keep the torches lit, whether through development, RP, or even lurking around (like I usually do most of the time when I have the time to visit). :roll:

I am also glad I was able to be a part of the festivities for as long as I could (real life obligations and all that) and thanks to everyone that made it out for the fun and reminiscing! :)

EVERY YEAR, IN PARAGON!

Lyc~

I agree. I wasn't able to participate but just to know that even a shit down MMO game can still have some life in it thanks to some dedicated people is just amazing.

I really wish some company would see the dedication and following this game still has 4 years or so after it closed and say "Hey, we need to bring this back!"

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2018, 12:11:30 AM »
Know that even a shit down MMO game can still have some life in it

You're not in trouble, but please tell me that's a typo. LOL
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2018, 03:07:47 PM »
You're not in trouble, but please tell me that's a typo. LOL

Oops. I made a mistake. I meant to say instead of the Enterprise hauling garbage, it should be hauled away AS garbage!

Hyperius X

• Underling
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2018, 05:32:54 PM »
It's so nice to see that the community is still thriving. It's too bad that I missed the Anniversary my son would have also loved to have been there. I have to stay in the loop for the next one.