Author Topic: NVIDIA OpenGL Driver has encountered an out of memory error  (Read 12394 times)

Lord Nightmare

• Minion
NVIDIA OpenGL Driver has encountered an out of memory error
« on: February 06, 2018, 06:28:37 PM »
The NVIDIA OpenGL driver has encountered
an out of memory error. This application might
behave inconsistently and fail.
(pid=11068 paragonchatclient.exe 32bit)

After installing Paragon Chat on my new computer, I got a few minutes of running around before suddenly CTD'ing. Checked the event viewer and got this error, which is extremely strange since I've upgraded to a 6GB GPU from the lame integrated graphics I used to have.

lunawisp

• Minion
    • lunawisp - general gaming blog!
Re: NVIDIA OpenGL Driver has encountered an out of memory error
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 07:59:56 PM »
Just a guess but the OpenGL driver is probably trying to allocate more RAM than you have available, not GPU memory. Have you disabled or manually reduced your pagefile size by any chance? If so, try re-enabling it and let Windows control the size.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes, she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Lord Nightmare

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 08:53:23 PM »
Pagefile is already automatically handled by Windows. Uninstalled and reinstalled PChat so going to see if issues are caused by changing any settings.

EDIT: Nope.

EDIT 2: Attempted all fixes that have worked with other programs including Admin mode, Compatibility modes, setting affinity to 1 cpu core. Nothing.

EDIT 3: Tried with Icon, after a few minutes the same error occurred so the issue is apparently with CoH itself.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 04:08:24 PM by Lord Nightmare »

Lord Nightmare

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 08:05:05 PM »
Using performance monitor I've found that apparently when the game is open the RAM usage will slowly ramp up to around 800MB before it finally goes kaput.  Which is extra strange considering I run 8GB and generally do not have chrome or discord open whenever I use any intensive program.

lunawisp

• Minion
    • lunawisp - general gaming blog!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 08:50:11 PM »
EDIT 3: Tried with Icon, after a few minutes the same error occurred so the issue is apparently with CoH itself.

If it was something to do with CoH or Paragon Chat you'd expect other people to be reporting the same issue.  Could be something to do with the drivers for your graphics card I suppose. It's probably not going to be an easy one to resolve, unfortunately.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes, she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Lord Nightmare

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 09:03:44 PM »
That's what I'm worried about. One of the updates from NVIDIA must have killed it.

Can someone verify if it's a driver issue? Running 390.77

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 02:37:01 AM »
I've been running 388.13 on my 1050 Ti for a few months.  I'll be a guinea pig, give the current driver a spin.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran