Author Topic: Two jobs - confidential client  (Read 2259 times)

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
Two jobs - confidential client
« on: February 13, 2018, 06:42:24 PM »
Greetings.

This is likely to be dull reading, unless you're a Software Engineer, potentially looking for a change. I certainly don't want to make the forums a dull place, but I do know that there are more than a few programmers of varying levels of expertise, and if I can help someone improve their current position, I'm all for it.

Understand - I'm a "headhunter". My job is to find people that already know how to do the job; there is no "on the job training". My client isn't interested in teaching you how to code. They will teach you some things, I'm sure.  But you've got to know how to code before you get to meet the client.

Job 1:
      Job Title: Senior Vision Software Engineer
Reporting to: Head of Vision Software and Architecture

Company:    The client/company is CONFIDENTIAL.  Upon the receipt of a Non-Disclosure Agreement company information will be released.

Location:   Southern CA (will share specifics upon receipt of a signed NDA)

Basic Functions:   
  • Participate in all phases of the vision projects including: design, testing and integration as required

Follow established engineering procedures and specifications for design and development of vision software

Highly visible and integral part of global vision engineering team for a semiconductor capital equipment company

Investigate, select, and test vendor products

Collaborate with manufacturing principals as needed

Approach software development with an entire system mindset

Interface with other global Vision Software groups and peer/customer engineers on projects as required

Will be integral in the transition from C++ to C# environment

Design, develop and manufacture products for the world's largest companies including Intel, Apple, and Samsung

Travel:   Occasional, Worldwide locations and Customer sites

Education:   Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering or comparable degree; Master's degree preferred

Experience & Requirements:   5+ years of practical work experience developing machine vision software with an emphasis on metrology

Experience with the full software development lifecycle including but not limited to; testing, validation, verification

System mindset with the ability to understand the mechanics of how final products work

Programming language experience required:
   C++
   C#
   OOD
   Visual Studio
   .NET

Exposure to:
   WPF
   XAML
   XML

Working knowledge of image processing concepts such as grayscale and binary image analysis, image segmentation and thresholding, histogram analysis, feature detection, pattern matching, blob analysis, measurements

Developed algorithms for machine vision

Writing new code while maintaining legacy code

Knowledge of optics, industrial cameras, illumination

Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
Re: Two jobs - confidential client
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 06:44:07 PM »
Job 2:
Job Title:   Vision Software Engineer
Reporting to Head of Vision Software Engineering and Architecture

Company:    The client/company is CONFIDENTIAL.  Upon the receipt of a Non-Disclosure agreement company information will be released.

Basic Functions:   

• Participate in all phases of the vision projects including: design, testing and integration as required

Will be integral in the company's transition from C++ to C# and .NET

Follow established engineering procedures and specifications for design and development of vision software

60% of successful candidate's time will be developing new code while the other 40% will consist of maintaining legacy code

Highly visible and integral part of global vision engineering team for a semiconductor capital equipment company

Investigate, select, and test vendor products for use in product

Interface with other global Vision Software groups and peer/customer engineers on projects as required

Collaborate with manufacturing principals as needed

Work independently on projects and interface with other teams' members

Design, develop and manufacture products for the world's largest companies including Intel, Apple, and Samsung

Travel:   Occasional, Worldwide locations and Customer sites

Education:   Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering or comparable degree; Master's degree preferred

Experience & Requirements:   At least 2 years of practical experience developing machine vision software

Exposure to machine vision metrology is a plus

Well-versed in C# in addition to C++

Experienced in .NET, WPF, XAML, XML, Visual Studio

Familiarity with grayscale and binary image analysis, image segmentation, histogram analysis, feature detection, pattern matching, blob analysis

Doctorate may be substituted for work experience if applicable

Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
Re: Two jobs - confidential client
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 06:45:03 PM »
If this is something you'd like to pursue further - send me a pm with an email address where I can send the Job Description and NDA to you. When I get it signed and returned, I can share specifics.