Author Topic: Is there an efficient way to get some of the buildings out of COH and Skylines?  (Read 1817 times)

impiousimp

• Lieutenant
I'm trying to build my comic setting and it would be really nice to beable to get as close to COH as possible as far as aesthetics because I kinda wanna pay omage to it.

It would be nice to have a few of the familiar buildings in my skylines.

Can anyone help me with this or point me in the right direction?

doc7924

• Elite Boss
You mean 3D models or just backgrounds?

Wouldn't the 3D models be in the PIGG files?

impiousimp

• Lieutenant
3d models. I'm still trying to figure out how to use the pigg programs.

mobbyg

• Minion
  • Ultra Knight Lives!!
Try and take some really good screen shots. Then bring them into Photoshop and remove the rest of the buildings, so only the build face you want remains. Then using Paths, you can outline the building face as a vector drawing and save it, and then use in Illustrator as well. Not to mention, make the build look 3D in your draws using perspective.

I learned this from Freddie Williams who wrote the book, "The DC Comics Guide to Digitally Drawing Comics."

You can even kind of see what I mean in one of his YouTube Videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT2v7YIcl4E

Hope this helps!

impiousimp

• Lieutenant
would it be easier if I could just get the textures of the buildings to make faces like that?

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Try and take some really good screen shots. Then bring them into Photoshop and remove the rest of the buildings, so only the build face you want remains. Then using Paths, you can outline the building face as a vector drawing and save it, and then use in Illustrator as well. Not to mention, make the build look 3D in your draws using perspective.

I learned this from Freddie Williams who wrote the book, "The DC Comics Guide to Digitally Drawing Comics."

You can even kind of see what I mean in one of his YouTube Videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT2v7YIcl4E

Hope this helps!

Aren't the models in the files someplace? Or at least all the textures for the sides of the buildings that the program would use.

Those had to be on the client side so they are there someplace.

There are a few .pigg files that have the word 'building' in them.